You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

What's the alternative though mate? What ownership model do you reckon would better suit us? With the new PL deal in place I'd wager that the number of foreign owners is about to increase exponentially, especially in the lower leagues, for the first time ever it's now actually possible to make a shit ton of cash out of football clubs.

I was responding to a specific type argument.

Having said that, I don't think the fact I am not a chef means I can't say that super noodles are shite.

I was responding to a specific type argument.

Having said that, I don't think the fact I am not a chef means I can't say that super noodles are shite.

Furry muff, think I'm just far more disillusioned with football than you are, hence the lack of shits to give, you'll get there eventually.

The ownership really isnt at fault

We were 45mins from all being delirous posting celebratory pics. In that 45mins we got caught cold by some very good attacking footballers and our response was lame.  

When Rodgers lost games of this magnitude he would leave you to read between the lines of his comments, essentially pleading poverty and that our spend is why we are average. Despite making some very expensive signings.

Great managers, like Klopp, like the Sevilla coach, they get on with it and take responsibility. Re-build. Re-group.

Klopp will do everything he can to fix this.

• Upvote 1

What tends to happen when you ask questions about the owners is:

1) You're accused of being a knee jerk sky gen mong who wants a foreign despot in charge.

2) "I bet that if we won 4-0, you wouldn't have bumped this thread"

3) You have people who patiently explain to you, the brilliance of FSG's strategy, because naturally, the only way somebody would disagree is because they aren't smart enough to understand it.

4) it turns into a conversation about the manager.

5) People tell you that FSG aren't perfect, then talk at length about how they are actually perfect.

Now, if you know these are the replies that are going to greet you, it's simply not worth it. Why would you be interested in reading other Liverpool fans extol the virtues of Hedge fund managers?

Of course it worths it. I'm gonna rub the FSG frauds on every cunt troll's face and every tattooed hipster, superfan in here and everywhere.

They are criminals. If Moores or the previous Yanks had turned Liverpool into the midtable mediocrity it is today, they'd be mass demonstrations and rightly so. The local cuckold cretin Ian has silenced the fanbase.

They are gangsters.

• Downvote 1

What tends to happen when you ask questions about the owners is:

1) You're accused of being a knee jerk sky gen mong who wants a foreign despot in charge.

2) "I bet that if we won 4-0, you wouldn't have bumped this thread"

3) You have people who patiently explain to you, the brilliance of FSG's strategy, because naturally, the only way somebody would disagree is because they aren't smart enough to understand it.

4) it turns into a conversation about the manager.

5) People tell you that FSG aren't perfect, then talk at length about how they are actually perfect.

Now, if you know these are the replies that are going to greet you, it's simply not worth it. Why would you be interested in reading other Liverpool fans extol the virtues of Hedge fund managers?

So, if you're so unhappy with the owners, why has it taken you 2.5 years for you to bump it? You wait until we get beat in a Final, with an unforgivable no-show in the 2nd half & then blame the owners. Makes you look like a bit of a quim.

I'm gutted we lost the final but I don't think now is the time to have a go at them. Hodgson was terrible and he was kicked out sharpish. Rodgers had a good season but couldn't overcome his inexperience and build us up. He got three full seasons to show us what he could do, but once it was clear it wasn't going in the right direction another change was made.

FSG acted swiftly and brought Klopp in, persuading him to end his sabbatical prematurely. This has been a weird season as Klopp hasn't signed his own players yet, nor has he had a preseason. With that said he took us to two cup finals and most reds are made up with him.

On the stadium progress has been made and we will see the benefit of that beginning next season. It could be increased even further, but it took a lot of work to get it this far, with all the issues with the council and the tenants. On the commercial side the club is growing too.

FSG are not sugar daddies. They are growing the club and we are living to our means. On the footballing side they back the manager too - not wildly, but they do provide backing. The main obstacle is getting the right football man at the helm to spend the money wisely and build a team. FSG brought Klopp in. Let's see what happens.

There might be better owners out there, but I can say with 100% certainty there are a lot worse. FSG are not perfect, but I think having a go at them having lost a final is a bit wide of the mark. Obviously if John Henry would have headed it to the Sevilla player and then missed the tackle to let them equalize, then fine, have a pop. But for me, FSG are OK. We're at the start of trying to build something up again with a new manager and an improved stadium. It's going in the right direction.

Doesn't FSG have a combined net worth of £10 billion?

I am sure I heard this somewhere, also isn't John Henry the fund manager but who are the other parties / people who have an interest in FSG.

Henry owns 40% of FSG and his net worth is around the $2.2bn mark, Michael Gordon owns 12%, no other partner owns over 10% and there are 16 other partners.

I would imagine the combined net worth of the partners exceeds $10bn, but FSG was worth around $2bn in 2015.

The appointment of Klopp, and the departure of Ayre, are all plusses for FSG, of whom I am no particular cheerleader.

The season has ended flat, but was only 45 minutes from being a success. That is sport for you.

Their embarrassing failure to develop the ground properly or relocate is a significant minus, but the impact of that will not be felt immediately.

All in all, it could be worse.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't FSG have a combined net worth of £10 billion?

I am sure I heard this somewhere, also isn't John Henry the fund manager but who are the other parties / people who have an interest in FSG.

• Theodore Alfond
  • William Alfond
  • Thomas R. DiBenedetto
  • Michael Egan – Director
  • David Ginsberg – Vice Chairman
  • Michael Gordon – Director; President of FSG
  • John W. Henry – Principal Owner
  • John Kaneb
  • Seth Klarman
  • Larry Lucchino – President/CEO emeritus, Boston Red Sox
  • ​Lebron James
    • Henry F. McCance
    • Phillip H. Morse – Vice Chairman
    • Arthur E. Nicholas
    • Bruce Rauner
    • Frank M. Resnek
    • Martin Trust
    • Jeffrey Vinik
    • Herbert Wagner
    • Thomas C. Werner – Chairman

The big hitters in there are Klarman and Vinik .

Structurally FSG's strength is also its greatest weakness for us.

It is simply a rich man's investment club. One in which individually none stand to lose much, but none stand to make much (relatively) either.

• Upvote 1

League finishes under their watch.

What is even more worrying is 3 seasons of no European football.

A lot of the fanbase have sadly accepted that the only way we can be competitive in the league is by being out of Europe.

It's the sort of attitude you expect from small clubs not the 7th richest team in football.

Three of the teams who finished above us this year. Were in league one a mid table championship team and the other was relegated that year bottom of the table when the hedgefund gang took over.

• Upvote 4

John Henry 2010

“Within five years, sooner than that, we have to be competitive with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United,” said Henry.

“We have to be right there with them ever year. That’s what we have to do.”

Tom Werner 2012

" We see our competitors not just as Chelsea or Manchester City and Manchester United but we see Barcelona and Real Madrid as teams that are iconic and playing good football.

"We know our competitors are working hard. We need to work just as hard and be just as smart.

• Upvote 2

Always good to reread the open letter and remind yourself of their condescension and ineptitude.

Liverpool Football Club's principal owner John W Henry has written the following open letter to supporters:

Sep 2012.

I am as disappointed as anyone connected with Liverpool Football Club that we were unable to add further to our strike force in this summer transfer window, but that was not through any lack of desire or effort on the part of all of those involved. They pushed hard in the final days of the transfer window on a number of forward targets and it is unfortunate that on this occasion we were unable to conclude acceptable deals to bring those targets in.

But a summer window which brought in three young, but significantly talented starters in Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin and Fabio Borini as well as two exciting young potential stars of the future - Samed Yesil and Oussama Assaidi - could hardly be deemed a failure as we build for the future.

Nor should anyone minimise the importance of keeping our best players during this window. We successfully retained Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Luis Suarez. We greatly appreciate their faith and belief in the club. And we successfully negotiated new, long-term contracts with Luis and with Martin.

No one should doubt our commitment to the club. In Brendan Rodgers we have a talented young manager and we have valued highly his judgement about the make-up of the squad. This is a work in progress. It will take time for Brendan to instill his philosophy into the squad and build exactly what he needs for the long term.

The transfer policy was not about cutting costs. It was - and will be in the future - about getting maximum value for what is spent so that we can build quality and depth. We are avowed proponents of UEFA's Financial Fair Play agenda that was this week reiterated by Mr Platini - something we heartily applaud. We must comply with Financial Fair Play guidelines that ensure spending is tied to income. We have been successful in improving the commercial side of the club and the monies generated going forward will give us greater spending power in the coming years.

We are still in the process of reversing the errors of previous regimes. It will not happen overnight. It has been compounded by our own mistakes in a difficult first two years of ownership. It has been a harsh education, but make no mistake, the club is healthier today than when we took over.

Spending is not merely about buying talent. Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years. Our emphasis will be on developing our own players using the skills of an increasingly impressive coaching team. Much thought and investment already have gone into developing a self-sustaining pool of youngsters imbued in the club's traditions.

That ethos is to win. We will invest to succeed. But we will not mortgage the future with risky spending.

After almost two years at Anfield, we are close to having the system we need in place. The transfer window may not have been perfect but we are not just looking at the next 16 weeks until we can buy again: we are looking at the next 16 years and beyond. These are the first steps in restoring one of the world's great clubs to its proper status.

It will not be easy, it will not be perfect, but there is a clear vision at work.

We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages. We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best but we will not overpay for players.

We will never place this club in the precarious position that we found it in when we took over at Anfield. This club should never again run up debts that threaten its existence.

Most of all, we want to win. That ambition drives every decision. It is the Liverpool way. We can and will generate the revenues to achieve that aim. There will be short-term setbacks from time to time, but we believe we have the right people in place to bring more glory to Anfield.

Finally, I can say with authority that our ownership is not about profit. Contrary to popular opinion, owners rarely get involved in sports in order to generate cash. They generally get involved with a club in order to compete and work for the benefit of their club. It's often difficult. In our case we work every day in order to generate revenues to improve the club. We have only one driving ambition at Liverpool and that is the quest to win the Premier League playing the kind of football our supporters want to see. That will only occur if we do absolutely the right things to build the club in a way that makes sense for supporters, for us and for those who will follow us. We will deliver what every long-term supporter of Liverpool Football Club aches for.

JOHN W HENRY

Tagged: henry , john henry , open letter

Of course theywant to win. They do win. They win money. They don't give a shit about trophies, the fans or the city of Liverpool. They hate Trophies and winning mentality. That is why they stripped the team of every single winner player they could and replaced him with shite.

They deserve lynching.

Of course theywant to win. They do win. They win money. They don't give a shit about trophies, the fans or the city of Liverpool. They hate Trophies and winning mentality. That is why they stripped the team of every single winner player they could and replaced him with shite.

They deserve lynching.

Maybe you need a little time away from the forum.  Go and bag a few munros.

But a summer window which brought in three young, but significantly talented starters in Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin and Fabio Borini as well as two exciting young potential stars of the future - Samed Yesil and Oussama Assaidi - could hardly be deemed a failure as we build for the future. 

Wonder how often he had seen any of these play?

Allen and Borini cost 27m together, Yesil and Assaidi about 5m and hardly played. Sahin was a loan signing.

• 3 years later...