You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

It feels like we cashed all of our chips in with the sales of Mane,Origi,Minamino(not sure if I've forgotten any more who are first team squad players?) on renewing Mo's contract and buying Nunez. Klopp feels the rest of the squad is good enough so we will see. I know we also bought the Aberdeen lad and Carvalho(who looked a million miles off the pace on Saturday for me,and a bit overawed) but you cant argue with buying future squad players and potential high profile first teamers.

6 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The Anny rd end redevelopment is all free of charge of course.

As free as Spurs billion pound stadium I guess. I don’t think they’re shit per se and tbh I think their prudence is to be admired in many respects. I do however think that they are risk averse. As to why Klopp is happy with them I have no idea, he likes being the underdog would be my best guess but that’s only my guess, only he will know. One thing I am certain of is that once he goes we will fall apart, you can’t compete with City, Chelsea, Utd et al with their business model unless you have a genius at the helm, and there’s not many of those about. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

As free as Spurs billion pound stadium I guess. I don’t think they’re shit per se and tbh I think their prudence is to be admired in many respects. I do however think that they are risk averse. As to why Klopp is happy with them I have no idea, he likes being the underdog would be my best guess but that’s only my guess, only he will know. One thing I am certain of is that once he goes we will fall apart, you can’t compete with City, Chelsea, Utd et al with their business model unless you have a genius at the helm, and there’s not many of those about. 

I am not sure if he likes to be an underdog but I am fairly sure he likes it here more than his Dortmund days where he kept losing his best players to Bayern every year. With us/FSG he does get the players he wants, of course not everytime, but in most of the cases.

FSG I think are more about maintaining certain numbers and never break those barriers - e.g. number of players in the squad, £m on wages and not a penny more etc. As fans we obviously think in some cases break that barrier (e.g. a midfielder this summer) and take a bit of risk in one or two transfer windows but perhaps for FSG it's the fundamental principle of never breaking those. I am sure, just like us, they don't want to think about the day Klopp leaves.....

36 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I am not sure if he likes to be an underdog but I am fairly sure he likes it here more than his Dortmund days where he kept losing his best players to Bayern every year. With us/FSG he does get the players he wants, of course not everytime, but in most of the cases.

FSG I think are more about maintaining certain numbers and never break those barriers - e.g. number of players in the squad, £m on wages and not a penny more etc. As fans we obviously think in some cases break that barrier (e.g. a midfielder this summer) and take a bit of risk in one or two transfer windows but perhaps for FSG it's the fundamental principle of never breaking those. I am sure, just like us, they don't want to think about the day Klopp leaves.....

So you don't think we can expect to see a jump in wages in the next lot of figures?

There were a number of players who were poor v Fulham. Midfield was poor, Diaz & Salah barely in it, Carvalho offered less than Diaz was, Alisson could / should have saved both goals, centre backs were sloppy and the full backs & Firmino were atrocious. 

Funnily enough, we only got a foot hold in the game when Milner, the player derided by many (old man James, why the fuck does he get a contract? Milner is always crap), came on. 

It was a poor performance all round and one we were fortunate to get a point from. 

I fully expect us not to sign anybody, the usual window lickers are fuuuuuuuuumin’, the injured players come back and we’re all having a nice cold pint in the Winchester and wonder what we were ever worried about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I haven't been their biggest fan in the past,mainly how they treated Dalglish,but you can't really argue with how they run the club as a whole.

Especially when compared to that car crash down the motorway. 

And it's probably best not to even mention the bin-fire across the park.

2 hours ago, Moo said:

So you don't think we can expect to see a jump in wages in the next lot of figures?

Not sure if this is a clever arse kind of a question but regardless, I have no idea of the wage situation right now considering the incomings and outgoings....if there was any increase I expect it to be in line with the increase in revenue.

We didnt strengthen from our position of strength after winning the league and after another superb trophy winning season we've 'balanced the books' through incomings and outgoings. FSG will only sanction signings if they can be offset and that's the way they work. It's good business but it's now outside of the way modern football is largely run. If we were to say sign another first team midfielder we'd have to let another first teamer go of similar value or similar wages. Their business sense is sound but if you want other owners then you need to make a deal with the devil and it would be impossible to sell the clubs 'working class fan' image if we were owned by Arabs,Asian or Russian backed organisations. 'It is the best of times,it is the worst of times.'

• Upvote 2

The business sense of it is that if we signed someone now we might not be able to get the player we want if and when he comes available. If we had of paid big money for a centre half in January 2021 we wouldnt have got Konate. It was the same in 2017 but we were able to get Van Dijk. It's the way the club has been run ages now and it has worked. Some day it won't but I have no issues with the way things are being done.

• Upvote 2

On 08/08/2022 at 19:42, Captain Howdy said:

What business model is that then? City are run by a state on a sports-washing exercise, Chelsea were run by a Russian sugar daddy gangster until a few months back (now run by an investment consortium, and who knows what their model is), and United? What business model worthy of the name do they have exactly?

As much as it obviously mystifies some on here, we are actually seen by many rival fans, and no doubt their club's execs, as a successful and desirable business model for others without unlimited finances to learn from. Sure, we might not be able to compete with the likes of City and Newcastle when Klopp goes, but I don't think that's a stick to beat FSG with.

• Upvote 1

The books don't need to be balanced every window though. A midfielder could be brought in and sales made next window.  Its a very tight leash to work with. Most agree we need a midfielder we probably need a couple next season. Bring one in now, we are going to have spend once now or twice next year minimum its the same thing. Now the arguement we want to wait for the right player is a fair one but risky say we wait and get outbid or they get a better offer like with Tchouameni, do we twiddle our thumbs and say we will have to write that position off for another year or two until the next player we likes contract is getting near its end. There has to be more options than this player or no one else we cant keep using the VVD transfer as the guiding rule, we wanted him immediately and went for a big price we just pissed off the selling club really bad so had to wait. It was unprofessional behaviour that led to the waiting. The season we were supposedly waiting for Konate was essentially written off because we dealt with our bad luck poorly. We have the illusion of midfield options.

I have no issue with identifying a player and then waiting for the one we want, as long as we have identified one. But we are going to have to likely at a minimum buy 1x midfielder and 1x attacking player/forward to replace Bobby

The only reason we have not signed a midfielder this season is because of the Anfield road expansion. It has nothing to do with a footballing reason because nobody could be thick enough to think we don’t need a new midfielder in this squad. 

Which is why it’s fuck FSG. Because another set of owners would back the manager and foot the bill, especially if they already won the lottery on an asset that’s grown in value ten fold. 

But in addition to fuck FSG…I’m sick of Jurgen’s PR spin every summer. I love him as a manager but it’s obvious he covers for the owners lack of spending with bullshit PR spin every summer. I’m sure it’s not easy to call out your bosses but ultimately I don’t care, I want my club to win honors not spend their existence explaining why we are a great set of runners up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jurgen's a decent man @FrenchEyeGlass

I suspect he loves the club.

And whether he disagrees with the owners or not, I think he puts the club first... and he wouldn't air something as untoward and divisive, if he did disagree with them.

It's not like HE needs FSG's endorsement or money or the job.

He's just being decent, and unified, about LFC.

He can leave the hatred of FSG et al, to the supporters I guess.

• Upvote 1