You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

I don’t agree with the ‘Howe just being a simple football man’ stuff. He’s the only representative of the club who will face the media every week. He should be asked about the owners of the club at any and every opportunity. He chose to become manager after the regime took it over. 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I don’t agree with the ‘Howe just being a simple football man’ stuff. He’s the only representative of the club who will face the media every week. He should be asked about the owners of the club at any and every opportunity. He chose to become manager after the regime took it over. 

Should Klopp have to answer questions on Standard Chartered money laundering & sanctions case? They are often tied to terrorism and illegal activities. 

Klopp signed his new deal after the were fined >$1bn. 

I wouldn’t expect Klopp to answer questions on that, it’s nothing to do with him.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Should Klopp have to answer questions on Standard Chartered money laundering & sanctions case? They are often tied to terrorism and illegal activities. 

I wouldn’t expect Klopp to answer questions on that, it’s nothing to do with him.

Whataboutery aside - which in itself tends to suggest that no wrong should ever be addressed - I’d be pretty confident that Klopp wouldn’t have pursued Howe’s particular career choice. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I wouldn't have an issue with Klopp being asked about Standard Chartered. He would say in a polite manner that all banks, insurance companies and gambling firms are wankers so what are you to do. Once he answered the question that would be the end of it.

Eddie Howe has never uttered anything other than I'm just here for the football. The guys asking the questions also happen to be the same profession as the pieces in the black sack. SC haven't dismembered any journalists as far as I know.

54 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Whataboutery aside - which in itself tends to suggest that no wrong should ever be addressed - I’d be pretty confident that Klopp wouldn’t have pursued Howe’s particular career choice. 

38 minutes ago, No2 said:

I wouldn't have an issue with Klopp being asked about Standard Chartered. He would say in a polite manner that all banks, insurance companies and gambling firms are wankers so what are you to do. Once he answered the question that would be the end of it.

Eddie Howe has never uttered anything other than I'm just here for the football. The guys asking the questions also happen to be the same profession as the pieces in the black sack. SC haven't dismembered any journalists as far as I know.

I totally appreciate your points and can see where you are both coming from. I don’t think either of you are “wrong”, you just see it different to me.

IMO, football is a release from the monotony of day to day life / work / politics etc.

I don’t really like the two crossing. However, if somebody who has the platform and feel they might make some sort of difference (Hendo’s sexism advert, Fowler / Dockers, Rashford etc) then I’m not against that either. 

I know the Saudi’s are shadier than most, I just think look at banks, gambling, crypto, oil etc sponsors and think how far could we go asking these questions to people who have no influence on the owners / sponsors.

When posed the question, Klopp has answered questions on Brexit, COVID-19 & vaccinations incredibly honestly and eloquently in recent years. Howe has been asked the question on the Saudi’s and more or less ducked it.

IMO, neither answer is wrong. Klopp answered his questions as he did because that’s who he is. Likely Howe has done the same (let’s face it, Howe comes over as a pussy). Ultimately non of that is their business, their job is to get results for their respective clubs. 

Ah, the Twitter brigade.  Like I said previously, some people care far too much about Twitter and the gobshites on there.

Stop getting bogged down with what gets said on Twitter and just enjoy the football, would be my reaction.

Top six rivals net spend this summer(transfer market) 

Arsenal = £102m

Spurs = £57m

Chelsea = £160m

Man United = £56m

Liverpool = £4m

Spot the odd one out. Not including City as it doesn't include Haaland agency fees

FSG are absolute fucking cunts

• Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Arsenal = £102m

Spurs = £57m

Chelsea = £160m

Man United = £56m

Liverpool = £4m

Spot the odd one out. Not including City as it doesn't include Haaland agency fees

Jurgen Klopp seems genuinely happy with them as owners. He's been here six years and will thankfully be here for a few more. He seems a smart and honest fella. Do you reckon he believes that FSG limit his potential for success? Should he be more vocal about them and call them out as leeching frauds? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Arsenal = £102m

Spurs = £57m

Chelsea = £160m

Man United = £56m

Liverpool = £4m

That's not why you're not included City's figures. The truth is you don't like what it looks like and it doesn't suit your argument. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Jurgen Klopp seems genuinely happy with them as owners. He's been here six years and will thankfully be here for a few more. He seems a smart and honest fella. Do you reckon he believes that FSG limit his potential for success? Should he be more vocal about them and call them out as leeching frauds? 

No one has ever had a remotely good answer to this question.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Arsenal = £102m

Spurs = £57m

Chelsea = £160m

Man United = £56m

Liverpool = £4m

Spuds is more than that they’ve only sold Bergwijn for decent money and spent the below.

Bissouma - £25mill

Bentancur - £18mill

Spence - £20mill

Richiarlison - £60mill

Lenglet - Loan fee

plus various frees

On 31/07/2022 at 13:01, Scott_M said:

The big difference is that SC don't own the club and aren't his bosses, FSG are.

• Upvote 1