You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

21 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Given most of the squad didn't just play for over a week, whats the excuse for the lack of energy in the rest of the players?

That problem stems entirely from not replacing Wijnaldum and having to rely on Ox, Keita and Milner which has proven to be a complete fucking disaster. 

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

That problem stems entirely from not replacing Wijnaldum and having to rely on Ox, Keita and Milner which has proven to be a complete fucking disaster. 

All 14 players on Tuesday were incredibly lethargic and lacked intensity because we didn’t replace Wijnaldum?

I won’t pin it on anybody in particular but I do think midfield has been an issue all season, it’s more than Wijnaldum missing.  We’ve only looked fully functional when Thiago has played (who was Wijnalduns replacement) . Klopp & Lijnders have spoken about being less predictable (hence the early inclusion of Elliott & Keita in big away games) but for whatever reason, what is trying to be implemented isn’t 100% working .

Define “disaster”. To me third in the league, with a game in hand to go second, in the League Cup semi and having cruised through a potentially difficult CL group is far from a disaster.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still massively fucked off about Tuesday and only a win on Sunday will rectify that. At times we’ve been very sloppy this season. Brentford & Brighton were 2 games, along with Leicester were games we should have been taking 9 points and it’s inexcusable that we didn’t. 

That’s not down to the lack of 1 player though, it’s a collective effort. 

There is still plenty to play for this season on all fronts,  nobody should be throwing in the towel.

• Upvote 2

League winning season aside, this is the best start we've ever made to a season since 1990 - coincidentally the last time we won the league.

If you take into account a cup semi final and a perfect CL record, it's probably one of the best starts we've EVER made.

People really need to get a grip. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

All 14 players on Tuesday were incredibly lethargic and lacked intensity because we didn’t replace Wijnaldum?

I won’t pin it on anybody in particular but I do think midfield has been an issue all season, it’s more than Wijnaldum missing.  We’ve only looked fully functional when Thiago has played (who was Wijnalduns replacement) . Klopp & Lijnders have spoken about being less predictable (hence the early inclusion of Elliott & Keita in big away games) but for whatever reason, what is trying to be implemented isn’t 100% working .

Define “disaster”. To me third in the league, with a game in hand to go second, in the League Cup semi and having cruised through a potentially difficult CL group is far from a disaster.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still massively fucked off about Tuesday and only a win on Sunday will rectify that. At times we’ve been very sloppy this season. Brentford & Brighton were 2 games, along with Leicester were games we should have been taking 9 points and it’s inexcusable that we didn’t. 

That’s not down to the lack of 1 player though, it’s a collective effort. 

There is still plenty to play for this season on all fronts,  nobody should be throwing in the towel.

Missing out on the possibility of four major trophies because our owners wouldn't sanction signing a defender last year and midfielder this year is a monumental disaster. 

All these sucker punch goals we keep giving up and clear cut chances are a direct result of Gini not playing. We never used to give up these many chances with him playing. Guarentee we wouldn't have as many losses and draws with that beautiful bastard here. 

I think the problem is we are trying to shoehorn in too much creativity into our midfield.

18-19 & 19-20 our midfield was extremely efficient and hard working, when the ball came out the won it and we contained teams and pinned them to their 3rd mainly by playing sideways passing keeping possession until the right time.

These more creative players in midfield don't do the donkey work in covering the fullbacks on the same way meaning there is always an out ball and all you need is some jabroni with pace to hurt us on the counter. 

I would like us to sign a more robust midfielder who is happy to do the covering work and has a bit of pace to cover counter attacks. Who that player is I dont know but then I'm not paid to find these players, that's for the transfer committee.

Edit. I would preferably like this player to be good at football.

59 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Missing out on the possibility of four major trophies because our owners wouldn't sanction signing a defender last year and midfielder this year is a monumental disaster. 

All these sucker punch goals we keep giving up and clear cut chances are a direct result of Gini not playing. We never used to give up these many chances with him playing. Guarentee we wouldn't have as many losses and draws with that beautiful bastard here. 

I don’t agree. 

We gave up plenty of big chances in 19/20 as well but we lucky the opposition didn’t take them - Pepe at Anfield, Martial at Anfield, Ings at St Mary’s, Lo Celso at Spurs... and they are just off the very top of my head. 

On the centre back thing, that’s been done to death. To me, it looks like we wanted Konaté all along, RBL wouldn’t sell once we got them in the CL and we decided to wait. 

57 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I think the problem is we are trying to shoehorn in too much creativity into our midfield.

18-19 & 19-20 our midfield was extremely efficient and hard working, when the ball came out the won it and we contained teams and pinned them to their 3rd mainly by playing sideways passing keeping possession until the right time.

These more creative players in midfield don't do the donkey work in covering the fullbacks on the same way meaning there is always an out ball and all you need is some jabroni with pace to hurt us on the counter. 

I would like us to sign a more robust midfielder who is happy to do the covering work and has a bit of pace to cover counter attacks. Who that player is I dont know but then I'm not paid to find these players, that's for the transfer committee.

Edit. I would preferably like this player to be good at football.

Personally I think it's more to do with they're all fucking crocks and the midfield is almost picking itself, and not in a good way, each week. None of the midfield are staying fit and available and developing any rhythm. The only time we have, between the last international break and when covid hit us, we were playing pretty well. Over 18/19 & 19/20, we had Gini available all the time and fab most of the time. And we normally had at least 2 of any 3 klopp picked fit and in rhythm. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t agree. 

We gave up plenty of big chances in 19/20 as well but we lucky the opposition didn’t take them - Pepe at Anfield, Martial at Anfield, Ings at St Mary’s, Lo Celso at Spurs... and they are just off the very top of my head. 

On the centre back thing, that’s been done to death. To me, it looks like we wanted Konaté all along, RBL wouldn’t sell once we got them in the CL and we decided to wait. 

Na you're talking waffle as per. 

19/20 we were tighter than a ducks arse 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Personally I think it's more to do with they're all fucking crocks and the midfield is almost picking itself, and not in a good way, each week. None of the midfield are staying fit and available and developing any rhythm.

If only that was obvious in the summer and it wasn’t hindsight as certain posters want/wanted to claim. 

• Upvote 2