You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ideally we wouldn't extend Mane and Firmino, but we may have to for one of them or risk getting nothing for both. I always thought the best scenario would be; extend Salah, Sell Mane and let Firmino leave for free, which there's a chance literally none of that happens. Even so, even if Mane wasn't "done", it's hard to believe we'll get adequate value paying him a big salary in his 30's. And same for Firmino. 

We should have sorted all of this out 12/24 months ago really.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Our wide forward positions require so much energy. They are midfielders and attacks in one. You can't be having two 30 year old playing there every single week. Salah looks completely fucked now as well

Given most of the squad didn't just play for over a week, whats the excuse for the lack of energy in the rest of the players?

Since we won the league we have added Thiago, Jota, Tsimikas and Konate and Elliot looked like establishing himself in midfield. Two players a season is about the number you would want to be changing, anymore than that brings risk to squad harmony etc. This summer another 2 looks about right again.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Our wide forward positions require so much energy. They are midfielders and attacks in one. You can't be having two 30 year old playing there every single week. Salah looks completely fucked now as well

Salah and Mane looking fucked is going to save FSG millions 

A potential warning of what's to come.

Chelsea recorded a post-tax loss of £145.6million for the financial year ending in June as the impact of the coronavirus pandemic was felt in the accounts at Stamford Bridge. 

The Blues, owned by Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich, made a profit of £39.5m in the previous financial year, before the pandemic. 

Yet despite a jump in turnover for the last financial year - by £29m to £416.8m - a near-complete loss of matchday revenue contributed massively to an overall post-tax loss.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10355293/Chelsea-record-post-tax-loss-145-6MILLION-financial-year-ending-June.html

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

We lost a game, of course this thread has been bumped...

Not surprising no but this seems more to be about Mane and his drop in form over the last year, there will always be criticism of the owners as they will never do enough for what the fans want  but this hasn't been the usual FSG bashing that would normally happen after a loss.

44 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Not surprising no but this seems more to be about Mane and his drop in form over the last year, there will always be criticism of the owners as they will never do enough for what the fans want  but this hasn't been the usual FSG bashing that would normally happen after a loss.

Its just frustration that such a brilliant team and manager wont get what they deserve because they are being held back by crooks and owners who do the bare minimum.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SlugTrail said:

33 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its just frustration that such a brilliant team and manager wont get what they deserve because they are being held back by crooks and owners who do the bare minimum.

I understand that all, I genuinely really do. 

Mane had a poor game the other night. No doubt about it. He’s not scored in a month and although not at his best, he’s still been contributing IMO. He’s likely still on for c.20 league goals this season. He’s played a significant part in a side that’s scored 50+ goals already this season. 

Its somewhat unfair to single out Mane for a desperately poor attacking performance when all our other attacking players (apart from Tsmiskas) we’re equally as poor.

We had more than enough talent on that pitch to hammer a side who were absolutely ripe for a bumming and couldn’t believe their luck when it never materialised. The lack of tempo and intensity came the majority of the 14 players and got worse as the game went on. 

6 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

Sorry. Let me help out with this, because I don't say it enough. Fsg are fucking greedy cunts. 

4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If they don’t spend this summer I feel any good will will evaporate from most, there will be riots outside the Homebaked and jam will flow, the Albert will be akin the Winchester in Shaun of the Dead. All joking aside I feel peoples patience is very thin.

Do you think? I think most of our fans always find an excuse for them. Every window people say "if they don't do it this time", no more so than last January and then the following summer. Then they listen to the drip, drip from the likes of the echo and Reddy and settle for any bone fsg throw our way. 

1 hour ago, Funkasy said:

Is it really a negative netspend the last 3 seasons ? 

Yes. 

4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If they don’t spend this summer I feel any good will will evaporate from most, there will be riots outside the Homebaked and jam will flow, the Albert will be akin the Winchester in Shaun of the Dead. All joking aside I feel peoples patience is very thin.

Most of our fans think they are OK as they've built the Main Stand, the training facility and the ARE. Obviously all these are funded by the clubs earnings/loans or AXA sponsorship deals and not by FSG directly. 

I think you'll only see people pipe up when Klopp leaves and we aren't at the level we are now. If Salah ends up leaving and we just sign some 21 year old from Liepzig or Salzburg to replace him it might wake a few up earlier. 

7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Most of our fans think they are OK as they've built the Main Stand, the training facility and the ARE. Obviously all these are funded by the clubs earnings/loans or AXA sponsorship deals and not by FSG directly. 

I think you'll only see people pipe up when Klopp leaves and we aren't at the level we are now. If Salah ends up leaving and we just sign some 21 year old from Liepzig or Salzburg to replace him it might wake a few up earlier. 

"...should of..."

Melvin wood needs launching out of a cannon, into a wall.

• Upvote 1