You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

11 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What team do you think klopp will put out? Honestly with covid within the squad, I wouldn't be shocked to see him pick an XI from a different group of players and put out a team like we did at Villa 2 years ago. 

There are people on the match thread talking about putting out a Villa 2019 squad as if that's what we should do. Maybe, in a way, that's true: in 2019 we picked the strongest team we could from the players available. That's what we should do against Leicester.

I expect Klopp to do what he always does: pick the team from the available players that will give us the best chance of winning this game and the next one.

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There are people on the match thread talking about putting out a Villa 2019 squad as if that's what we should do. Maybe, in a way, that's true: in 2019 we picked the strongest team we could from the players available. That's what we should do against Leicester.

I expect Klopp to do what he always does: pick the team from the available players that will give us the best chance of winning this game and the next one.

I think we should be trying to win all the cups. But I have learnt to accept the domestic cups are not a priority for our owners and by default, that makes them not important to klopp. He knows he's tasked to deliver in the PL and CL and will be judged on that. 

As for what team we pick, I would normally expect us to give it a decent go in a quarter final and would be disappointed if we didn't, but with the covid issue and the uncertainty it brings, I wouldn't be shocked or upset if it was a 2019 style team, if for no other reason than the risk it brings from mixing the groups. If we were to bring in half a dozen kids from the u18/23 side and one of them brought more covid in, it would be really bad for our league chances. I'd be fine if we just sent a U23 team and manager if klopp thought it the most prudent thing to do. 

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Domestic cups aren't a priority for anybody these days. Maybe League One sides.

And their priority is simply a tie against a big club and a hefty share of the receipts. While this has always been the case those lower tier clubs used to have other revenue streams in the past,but those ridiculous transfer windows have put paid to that too. It really is a corrupt business nowadays.

Just now, Leyton388 said:

I wonder how much Klopp will have to strengthen the squad with next month. Can't wait to see who we sign.

Mate we all know that their are no players that offer good value for money in january. Not even any that are free in 6 months time. 

No value at all. 

4 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Mate we all know that their are no players that offer good value for money in january. Not even any that are free in 6 months time. 

No value at all. 

Bit I've bought myself a yellow  jim white transfer deadline day tie ready for all the fun to start.

So no value in January and seemingly no value on the summer either.

Shame as we have a great manager who has essentially Been forced to beg for scraps. 

2 minutes ago, Code said:

We need a goalscoring midfielder in this team, once or twice during the season we will  have games when the front three just cant score. 

The perseverance with Keita and Chamberlain baffles me, my heart sinks whenever I see them on the teamsheet, they're about as useful as the pope's balls.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The perseverance with Keita and Chamberlain baffles me, my heart sinks whenever I see them on the teamsheet, they're about as useful as the pope's balls.

Near £90mill on those two not to mention another £20m on Thiago and he can’t even stay fit.

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The weird thing with Chamberlain is he seems to do his best the less quality that is around him in our team. Is that just because it's easy to shine next to Morton or someone? Or does taking some responsibility actually improve his play? Like you though, my heart sinks when I see either of them in the line up. And sadly Milner is really starting to look slow and old now. Maybe he needs more minutes to get up to speed, but he's looking way, way off the pace. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

The weird thing with Chamberlain is he seems to do his best the less quality that is around him in our team. Is that just because it's easy to shine next to Morton or someone? Or does taking some responsibility actually improve his play? Like you though, my heart sinks when I see either of them in the line up. And sadly Milner is really starting to look slow and old now. Maybe he needs more minutes to get up to speed, but he's looking way, way off the pace. 

I think he's just a very average player. I don't even know what he does except for take the occasional long range punt.

We built our sides around players like this Pre-Klopp, as in players who'd show 'flashes' then vanish for the rest of the match or indeed, season, that's why we never won anything. 

You need consistency and reliability to build a decent side, and they're qualities Chamberlain and Keita definitely do not have.

• Upvote 1