You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

17 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Milner can play rb against the crap teams but against the best he'll get targeted. 

There aren't going to be any other teams that dominate us, specially at Anfield.

It took a billion quid and one of the worst midfield performances I remember seeing for that to happen. 

And we still didn't lose.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

There aren't going to be any other teams that dominate us, specially at Anfield.

It took a billion quid and one of the worst midfield performances I remember seeing for that to happen. 

And we still didn't lose.

Chelsea were decent enough,even without the ball and United have fast wide players. There will be a few teams who will see Milner as a weaness and try to exploit him. I think Klopp could see TAA's drop in quality,alongside injury, and needed to give him a kick up the arse.

Zaha is among the best in the league in one on one's but we handled him by getting support to Milner. City, with their 7 midfielders dragged the support away and exposed him, literally no other side will be able to do that to us so it isn't a concern.

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

I wouldn't go that far. The Red Sox this year are a bit like us last season. A solid start, long-term injuries to key players not being a factor for longer than anyone might have expected, followed by a slump followed by something of a recovery, aided by a few unheralded players when the fans had been clamouring for top level reinforcements before the last trade deadline. Now they're up against the Rays, the strongest side in the AL and last year's World Series runners-up. As for the Yankees, they are the rich and formerly successful behemoth that spends big on players every year yet always comes up short when it really matters.

They were projected to win about 80 games this season. They won 90+ and made the playoffs. That's overachieving.  

On 23/09/2021 at 16:14, dockers_strike said:

A good reasoned post. Id add we did look nailed on to sign Werner until fwank 'promised' him a title challenge and waved a bigger wedge under his nose than we could muster. Would Werner be playing as poorly and looking so bereft of confidence as he does now under Klopp? Who knows?

We did buy Jota with a down payment of about £4m if reports are to be believed amounting to £40m+ in total. That hasnt worked out too shabby.

Personally, I think it's clear Covid blew the club's plans out of the water. Other clubs would likely have come sniffing around some of the squaddies and maybe even Mo and Sadio.

Frank Lampard didn't convince Werner of anything. Lampard was a failed Championship level manager and we'd just won the league under Klopp.

Werner had agreed to come to us and Klopp was the one that convinced him. FSG refused to pay the £50m release clause because of COVID and then asked Klopp to contact Werner by video message and relay this news to him. They humiliated Klopp in the process, and we ended up with an inferior player, with no pace, that we paid £40m for because Wolves accepted a £4m payment for the first year.

1 minute ago, Boss said:

Werner had agreed to come to us and Klopp was the one that convinced him. FSG refused to pay the £50m release clause because of COVID and then asked Klopp to contact Werner by video message and relay this news to him. They humiliated Klopp in the process, and we ended up with an inferior player, with no pace, that we paid £40m for because Wolves accepted a £4m payment for the first year.

That's one way of looking at that, I guess. 

Compare Werner's career to date with Jota's. No contest. Werner has had 16 goals disallowed since he's played for Chelsea, and the vast majority are contentious decisions. The one that happened the other day was a joke.

He's a much more dynamic player than Jota. Significantly faster, better at pressing, harder working, makes more forward runs to occupy defenders. We'd be a better team with Werner up top than with Jota.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Zaha is among the best in the league in one on one's but we handled him by getting support to Milner. City, with their 7 midfielders dragged the support away and exposed him, literally no other side will be able to do that to us so it isn't a concern.

Brentford did the same to Trent.  No excuse in an 11 vs 11 game for us not to be able to respond.  

9 hours ago, aRdja said:

Can’t you buy Guinness?

in the kop at least, the only real draught is carlsberg, served in those plastic cups with the hole in the bottom as they pour them upwards. There's cans of guinness draught and those sonic things to make it like a real draft. and cans of san miguel and a bitter (john smiths maybe). only the carlsberg is 2.90 as far as i know. and i think that was limited to the games they were telling you to get in 2 hours early because the cardless system was fucking shit. 

9 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Brentford did the same to Trent.  No excuse in an 11 vs 11 game for us not to be able to respond.  

That was different, they regularly loaded 5 or 6 players into our box, obviously there can be rewards but those tactics carry great risks. If everyone done that Klopp would take your hand off.

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

That was different, they regularly loaded 5 or 6 players into our box, obviously there can be rewards but those tactics carry great risks. If everyone done that Klopp would take your hand off.

it was different, though the principle is the same.  It should not be beyond the wit of man to adjust your setup / shape in the game.  It's frustrating that we appear not to be able to respond to such situations.

29 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Jota has been disappointing?

He has played in 26 league games and scored 12 golas @ 1500 minutes - I wasn't expecting that.

Werner on the other hand has played in 41 league games and scored 7 @ 3000 minutes.

Jota's dangerous in the box, he scores goals at a decent rate. His performances generally aren't great, though. It's not like he's a bad signing, he's just not a difference maker besides the fact he's an alternative to Mané and Firmino.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Jota's dangerous in the box, he scores goals at a decent rate. His performances generally aren't great, though. It's not like he's a bad signing, he's just not a difference maker besides the fact he's an alternative to Mané and Firmino.

Nonsense. Most of his goals have either been the key opening goal or a winning goal litterly what a difference maker is. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Werner had agreed to come to us and Klopp was the one that convinced him. FSG refused to pay the £50m release clause because of COVID

Pretty sure I read that when you added up the transfer and agent fee with the wages Werner would have been three times as expensive per year.

Did we ever agree personal terms? I think that was the final nail.

28 minutes ago, Boss said:

Compare Werner's career to date with Jota's. No contest. Werner has had 16 goals disallowed since he's played for Chelsea, and the vast majority are contentious decisions. The one that happened the other day was a joke.

He's a much more dynamic player than Jota. Significantly faster, better at pressing, harder working, makes more forward runs to occupy defenders. We'd be a better team with Werner up top than with Jota.

He has a little more to his game I agree - not three times though.

When we bought him I thought of Jota as being Minamino's replacement. In that sense it has made quite a difference.

He has been a little off the boil and the injury after he came flying out of the gate was a kick in the stones - still a far better option than we had before he showed up.

6 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Nonsense. Most of his goals have either been the key opening goal or a winning goal litterly what a difference maker is. 

He's not a Salah or Mané level signing. That was my point. He's a level below. A nice attacker you can rotate, probably nothing more.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's not a Salah or Mané level signing. That was my point. He's a level below. A nice attacker you can rotate, probably nothing more.

Could use another one of these.

TBF Mane took a huge step up from what he was at Soton and swapped flanks the next year. Jota will never be at the level Mane was 30 months ago - unfortunately, it seems,  neither will Sadio.

Salah will go down as one of the great transfer steals of all time.