You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

9 hours ago, Mook said:

On the protest (if it even took place), there's a big difference between thinking FSG are cunts & attending a protest against them.

I think they're cunts but wouldn't be marching down the road to get them out of the club for a number of reasons. I'd imagine most people on here who moan about them are in the same boat.

And that’s absolutely fine.

But you don’t post over and over and over in every single thread about them, often passing off half baked assumptions (or downright lies) as truth or fact, expressing your hatred and calling them cunts at every opportunity.

The simple fact is, whether anybody likes them or not, they have been good for the club. IMO, that’s all that matters.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Mook said:

On the protest (if it even took place), there's a big difference between thinking FSG are cunts & attending a protest against them.

I think they're cunts but wouldn't be marching down the road to get them out of the club for a number of reasons. I'd imagine most people on here who moan about them are in the same boat.

Exactly. And I find it quite astonishing that some on here think a thread titled "go fuck yourselves fsg" expects the types of posts in here not to be negative about them but rather fsg you don't need to fuck yourself, my mouth is wide open for a big gobble. 

Maybe not the right thread to be making a suggestion like this, but isn't there some middle ground between "I want FSG, their families and their pets boiled down for glue" and "I want to gift my children as slaves to John W Henry"?

I'd go as far as suggesting that most Reds are somewhere in that middle ground, so it's daft to assume that anyone who disagrees with you is taking one of those extreme views.

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe not the right thread to be making a suggestion like this, but isn't there some middle ground between "I want FSG, their families and their pets boiled down for glue" and "I want to gift my children as slaves to John W Henry"?

I'd go as far as suggesting that most Reds are somewhere in that middle ground, so it's daft to assume that anyone who disagrees with you is taking one of those extreme views.

Stop it with this common sense concept you have introduced.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

The simple fact is, whether anybody likes them or not, they have been good for the club. IMO, that’s all that matters.

That is an opinion, not a fact.

Do you not see yourself as the other side of the coin when you are rallying against Daisy, Barry, etc? 

Do you really think you're covering the middle ground here?

53 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Exactly. And I find it quite astonishing that some on here think a thread titled "go fuck yourselves fsg" expects the types of posts in here not to be negative about them but rather fsg you don't need to fuck yourself, my mouth is wide open for a big gobble. 

You know how the Hendo thread title got changed?

Maybe we should edit this one too. “Please fuck me, FSG”, perhaps?

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

That is an opinion, not a fact.

Do you not see yourself as the other side of the coin when you are rallying against Daisy, Barry, etc? 

Do you really think you're covering the middle ground here?

Understood. 

Do you think that FSG have been good for the club?

People seem to equate wanting a bit of quality depth to asking for the world.

That post a page back was incredibly simplistic. For every point of good he made, you can counter it back with some negatives. And thats before you even get into their mistakes which he handily didn't mention.

We should be able to spend like the supposed top 5 wealthiest teams in world football that we are. Not Mbappe or Ronaldo, but solid players that can come in and take positions from players that Klopp really doesn't fancy and push for a first team place.

Couldn't give a damn how much money FSG make if they are concerned about on pitch matters, but you always get the sense from them, that minimum is quite enough and that if they can avoid spending, they will.

You won't get any protests now, but you might when Jurgen leaves and we can't maintain our level.

• Upvote 4

Go fuck yourselves FSG expanding Anfield - cheeky fuckers.

Oh and we're still undefeated.

Ignore the tedious is it a fact or opinion bullshit above. 

It's fucking clear they have been great for the club, unless you want Hodgson back with Jovanovic, Degan, Poulsen, Konchesky etc.

Befuckinghave! 

• Downvote 4

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

That post a page back was incredibly simplistic. For every point of good he made, you can counter it back with some negatives. And thats before you even get into their mistakes which he handily didn't mention.

We should be able to spend like the supposed top 5 wealthiest teams in world football that we are. Not Mbappe or Ronaldo, but solid players that can come in and take positions from players that Klopp really doesn't fancy and push for a first team place.

Couldn't give a damn how much money FSG make if they are concerned about on pitch matters, but you always get the sense from them, that minimum is quite enough and that if they can avoid spending, they will.

You won't get any protests now, but you might when Jurgen leaves and we can't maintain our level.

I'm rubbing my hands at the thought

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

For starters we clearly have depth.  Have you not seen our start to the season, the amount of different players we have used in the league & CL, 20 players (I won't include all the ones last night).

Then you clearly aren't taking into account the COVID sitiuation, the huge contracts we gave & other expenditure - expansion of Anfield, new training ground etc.

We already have the depth, we are being prudent during tough times, we're top of the league & people have the audacity to have a go at FSG, after all they have done for us.

The only simplistic thing on the last few pages is from you!

Hate 'fans' like you.  Go support City or Chelsea.  You only care how much we spend.

• Downvote 6

1 hour ago, LF:D said:

Go fuck yourselves FSG expanding Anfield - cheeky fuckers.

Oh and we're still undefeated.

Ignore the tedious is it a fact or opinion bullshit above. 

It's fucking clear they have been great for the club, unless you want Hodgson back with Jovanovic, Degan, Poulsen, Konchesky etc.

Befuckinghave! 

Expanding Anfield using the cash reserves that could have been spent on the team. Hmm.

I mean you have to admire them getting the Club to pay for its own expansion and then pocketing the benefits both whilst they are here and when they eventually leave.

45 minutes ago, LF:D said:

For starters we clearly have depth.  Have you not seen our start to the season, the amount of different players we have used in the league & CL, 20 players (I won't include all the ones last night).

Then you clearly aren't taking into account the COVID sitiuation, the huge contracts we gave & other expenditure - expansion of Anfield, new training ground etc.

We already have the depth, we are being prudent during tough times, we're top of the league & people have the audacity to have a go at FSG, after all they have done for us.

Hate 'fans' like you.  Go support City or Chelsea.  You only care how much we spend.

Ha ha is this your other persona Scott? Have you signed up again? :D

Ok I will address your points

We are five league games in. Five. We don't usually have a problem beginning of the season. Our issues start post Christmas traditionally when we've had 3 months or so of busy fixtures and the players have been playing at a high tempo. Last season we were top of the league until injuries scuppered us.

Then you have players that Jurgen quite clearly doesn't want and either uses sparingly in the league and for cup games. Keita, Ox, Origi and Minamino the four of which are the closest second/third tier to the first string. If you think Jurgen wouldn't want to have replacements for these you are wrong. Minamino looks the pick of the bunch for me but can't get anywhere near league matches. We've already had injuries to Milner, Thiago, Firmino and Elliot so far and we are only a month in.

Hmm, yes this old chestnut. You do realise Covid only came into play from march last year? What about the previous seasons? Do you remember when Lucas got injured under FSG and we didn't replace him during a rocky patch? Or Sadio at the african nations when we unravelled? Or even the amazing 97 point season when we had a few makeshift options like Henderson right back in two draws that cost us the league against Leicester and West Ham because we had no fallback? Yeah you can argue it could be seen as nit picking but at elite level sport the margins are tiny. And then last year going into the season with three cbs, two of which are well known to have injury issues. We lost all three and then basically messed up Hendo and Fab playing them centre half, where both incidentally got injured again. We didn't do anything to address it when we could, lost the chance of another league title when we were in total control and relied on a goalkeeping header to scrape into the top four. Masterclass.

We are prudent alright, no argument from me there. Go and look at the list of the top five wealthiest clubs in the world and tell me who is sitting in the top 5. Then tell me how you explain us crying poverty every window? Theres simply no excuse for not maximising our chances whilst we have the best coach in the world. FFS FSG could even loan the money for transfers and get it back when things have stabilised. But they won't because they are overly fiscal and put the interests of their stakeholders first and foremost against on pitch success. Top 4 and a minimum transfer spend every year is their sweet spot. Anything else is a bonus.

And you hate fans like me huh? I watched Souness, Dalglish, Hansen, Rush, the 84 Euro and League winners, the Double winners and the all conquering 88 team, and followed them home and away in my teens. Telling people to go support Chelsea and City is the kind of argument you expect from someone with the capacity of a ten year old to make.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ha ha is this your other persona Scott? Have you signed up again? :D

Ok I will address your points

We are five league games in. Five. We don't usually have a problem beginning of the season. Our issues start post Christmas traditionally when we've had 3 months or so of busy fixtures and the players have been playing at a high tempo. Last season we were top of the league until injuries scuppered us.

Then you have players that Jurgen quite clearly doesn't want and either uses sparingly in the league and for cup games. Keita, Ox, Origi and Minamino the four of which are the closest second/third tier to the first string. If you think Jurgen wouldn't want to have replacements for these you are wrong. Minamino looks the pick of the bunch for me but can't get anywhere near league matches. We've already had injuries to Milner, Thiago, Firmino and Elliot so far and we are only a month in.

Hmm, yes this old chestnut. You do realise Covid only came into play from march last year? What about the previous seasons? Do you remember when Lucas got injured under FSG and we didn't replace him during a rocky patch? Or Sadio at the african nations when we unravelled? Or even the amazing 97 point season when we had a few makeshift options like Henderson right back in two draws that cost us the league against Leicester and West Ham because we had no fallback? Yeah you can argue it could be seen as nit picking but at elite level sport the margins are tiny. And then last year going into the season with three cbs, two of which are well known to have injury issues. We lost all three and then basically messed up Hendo and Fab playing them centre half, where both incidentally got injured again. We didn't do anything to address it when we could, lost the chance of another league title when we were in total control and relied on a goalkeeping header to scrape into the top four. Masterclass.

We are prudent alright, no argument from me there. Go and look at the list of the top five wealthiest clubs in the world and tell me who is sitting in the top 5. Then tell me how you explain us crying poverty every window? Theres simply no excuse for not maximising our chances whilst we have the best coach in the world. FFS FSG could even loan the money for transfers and get it back when things have stabilised. But they won't because they are overly fiscal and put the interests of their stakeholders first and foremost against on pitch success. Top 4 and a minimum transfer spend every year is their sweet spot. Anything else is a bonus.

And you hate fans like me huh? I watched Souness, Dalglish, Hansen, Rush, the 84 Euro and League winners, the Double winners and the all conquering 88 team, and followed them home and away in my teens. Telling people to go support Chelsea and City is the kind of argument you expect from someone with the capacity of a ten year old to make.

So you where following the reds in the eighties and using emoji's 4 decades later? Have a neg.

• Upvote 1

It's all about having a managed approach as I see it. You've got some screaming they cant get tickets and ground isnt big enough to some of those also say spend £100m or therabouts on 'new' players when some of the 'old' ones cannot be sold because no one wants to buy.

Cant have everything much as Id like it because I dont want this club run like city, chelsea and PSG which, the very same people going on about lack of signings, tickets and the ground, rail against. Weird.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's all about having a managed approach as I see it. You've got some screaming they cant get tickets and ground isnt big enough to some of those also say spend £100m or therabouts on 'new' players when some of the 'old' ones cannot be sold because no one wants to buy.

Cant have everything much as Id like it because I dont want this club run like city, chelsea and PSG which, the very same people going on about lack of signings, tickets and the ground, rail against. Weird.

To be honest Dockers I don't think any sane Liverpool fan wants to be run like them, They are abhorrent.

Just smarter business. I always look at Athletico Madrid and I'm always amazed at their savvy spending. Of course they sell their prized assets at times but they buy really well for the most part and seem to be able to identify potential stars and get them through the door. Id like us to go down that route of identifying the next Salah or Mane in the 30-50 million bracket. (taking inflation into consideration)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

To be honest Dockers I don't think any sane Liverpool fan wants to be run like them, They are abhorrent.

Just smarter business. I always look at Athletico Madrid and I'm always amazed at their savvy spending. Of course they sell their prized assets at times but they buy really well for the most part and seem to be able to identify potential stars and get them through the door. Id like us to go down that route of identifying the next Salah or Mane in the 30-50 million bracket. (taking inflation into consideration)

I get that mate but some folk are ok with a £40m player, some happy with a couple of £40m players in the same window, some not happy we havent pushed the boat out and some thinking just load the debt onto the club or out of the owners pockets.

FSG have made mistakes but I honestly dont see a better option. Some clubs have taken loans out to buy players. In the past Ive seen us waste shitloads of money on players who were just meh.

I agree we about looking for the next Suarez and Mo, I honestly think the club is but I also love the fact we're trying to bring kids through the Academy. Some will make it, some wont.

I think running a major football club is like trying to juggle loads of balls in the air at once, trying to keep everyone satisfied. Sometimes, you cannot do it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Quick glance at Atletico appears they have a net spend closet to zero over the last 3 years. In that time they have sold and replaced the equivalent of Salah, Fabinho and VVD. Thats where we were 4 years ago, say it all you want but you wouldn't tolerate that.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I get that mate but some folk are ok with a £40m player, some happy with a couple of £40m players in the same window, some not happy we havent pushed the boat out and some thinking just load the debt onto the club or out of the owners pockets.

FSG have made mistakes but I honestly dont see a better option. Some clubs have taken loans out to buy players. In the past Ive seen us waste shitloads of money on players who were just meh.

I agree we about looking for the next Suarez and Mo, I honestly think the club is but I also love the fact we're trying to bring kids through the Academy. Some will make it, some wont.

I think running a major football club is like trying to juggle loads of balls in the air at once, trying to keep everyone satisfied. Sometimes, you cannot do it.

You never know mate, they might have something up their sleeve, the way they obviously had Konate earmarked.