You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

6 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

And since then they have added 3 huge earners - Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo. 

Don't think they'll kick in until the following year unless I have my dates wrong.

I think our next published accounts will have Jota and Thiago in them.

40 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

The red sox have consistently been amongst the highest spenders in baseball.

They've needed something of a reset in the past couple of years because the previous GM stripped the farm clean in pursuit of star signings on big contracts and to get below the luxury tax.

I am aware of this, but the fan narrative is usually that they don't go big enough, which is the same thing as with Liverpool. 

32 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We are an elite sports club first and foremost. I'm not saying we are anywhere near it but there has to be a point when if the fans have a choice between always running a tight financial ship and on field success they will be conflicted. We seem so incredibly reliant on player sales to generate recruitment revenue what happens when we haven't been as smart in the window. Do we stagnate because we believe in the books always being balanced first or do we say the team needs investment in order to improve. 

Next summer as clichéd as its become is huge. wanting ambitious owners doesn't mean you want oligarchs or oil clubs. If I see them investing in the side with out the desperation to recruit the money back by hook or crook in the same window I may feel more comfortable in the fact we are just not some meat packing factory or retail chain to them. They are probably going to make a billion quid or more on us and its not all down to their smarts, it's the clubs profile and the league it's in too. Occasionally they'll have to take a risk now and then.  It's not obscene to expect owners to occasionally dip into their pockets if its needed, its completely normal. Again that's if it's needed, if the manager feels it's needed.

I dread to think how fucked we'd be if we didn't qualify for the champions league or when Klopp goes. 

I really dont think the world's going to end when Jurgen leaves. He has as much a duty to ensure an on going legacy as Bill, Bob, Joe and The King did before it got too much for him.

I dont get why some people virtually demand we buy players at the top of the market, the world superstars etc. That has never been this club's way.

The bottom line is PSG and city are nation state funded. Both were provincial little clubs until oil money rocked up. Real are a state funded club with their Government loans and sweetheart deals. Barcelona have bankrupted themselves trying to keep up with them rather than call out Real and the Spanish state.

We are never going to go toe to toe financially with them. If people want the Saudi's and their murderous regime in charge of this club, well, that's up to their conscience but I'll stop supporting.

As Dave said in the podcast, if people want the club funded like city or PSG, you lose the ability to criticise those clubs for the way they operate and are funded.

There's no half in, half out, city or PSG lite. The club either funds itself or is funded by a rich no mark. Your choice.

• Upvote 1

Plenty of clubs in the league have owners who invest their cash into their sides without completely inflating the market or being underhanded about it or without being evil and murderous, the idea theres only football ownership that follows the strictest business practices or oligarch oil states who blow the competition away is nonsense. It's not that binary. 

If the clubs revenues fall if we slowly but surely became a non competitor would you be happy as long as the business looked like a healthy investment for its owners. I find the idea that owners of clubs investing cash sensibly into their side if it needs it as immoral or cheating  to be ridiculous it means almost our entire history of winning was immoral or cheating.  I dont think many fans expect huge net spends every window or even want it. Weve always been told if the right player comes along we will sign him so if we do and it means we end a transfer window 60 million spent with nothing in return would you be disgusted at how we've become PSG. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Plenty of clubs in the league have owners who invest their cash into their sides without completely inflating the market or being underhanded about it or without being evil and murderous, the idea theres only football ownership that follows the strictest business practices or oligarch oil states who blow the competition away is nonsense. It's not that binary. 

If the clubs revenues fall if we slowly but surely became a non competitor would you be happy as long as the business looked like a healthy investment for its owners. I find the idea that owners of clubs investing cash sensibly into their side if it needs it as immoral or cheating  to be ridiculous it means almost our entire history of winning was immoral or cheating.  I dont think many fans expect huge net spends every window or even want it. Weve always been told if the right player comes along we will sign him so if we do and it means we end a transfer window 60 million spent with nothing in return would you be disgusted at how we've become PSG. 

Sorry, I disagree. There isnt plenty of owners in the league, presumably, Premier League, who are doing what you say and they certainly arent regular top 6 challengers and European competitors either.

Some people are using Villa as an example of a club that has outspent us in the last two seasons. Season one, they managed to avoid relegation in the last game of the season. Where did they finish last season? Their owners sold the club's ground to themselves to inject some cash into the club. One can only imagine the outrage if FSG bought Anfield to do the same. Villa also sold their star player for £100m.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Sorry, I disagree. There isnt plenty of owners in the league, presumably, Premier League, who are doing what you say and they certainly arent regular top 6 challengers and European competitors either.

Some people are using Villa as an example of a club that has outspent us in the last two seasons. Season one, they managed to avoid relegation in the last game of the season. Where did they finish last season? Their owners sold the club's ground to themselves to inject some cash into the club. One can only imagine the outrage if FSG bought Anfield to do the same. Villa also sold their star player for £100m.

It's not about outspending I couldn't care less if 15 clubs spent more than us if I felt we do what's needed when necessary even if it means the books aren't balanced in that window even if it means balancing the books in other windows. I find the extremes of you want investment youre no better than city or you want prudence youre an fsg shill to be bollocks.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's not about outspending I couldn't care less if 15 clubs spent more than us if I felt we do what's needed when necessary even if it means the books aren't balanced in that window even if it means balancing the books in other windows. I find the extremes of you want investment youre no better than city or you want prudence youre an fsg shill to be bollocks.  

It is utter bollocks and a false argument on this forum.  I do wonder if some posters opinion, and stuff on the podcast as mentioned above, of Liverpool supporters is informed by what they read on social media such as Twitter.  This forum is nothing like that. 

Are people hearing it at the ground, that they want an oligarch or oil state?

I love how people claim we're fucked when Klopp leaves.

It's as if they think the manager is THE single most important person at a football club.

That's clearly bollocks.

I mean, look at at the continued success when Busby and Fergie left the mancs. Or when Wenger left Arsenal. Or when Benitez left Valencia. Or when Klopp left Dortmund. 

ah.gif

The only clubs where it doesn't really matter who the manager is are City and PSG. And they can't buy the European Cup.

Bayern and Juve are similar because of their dominance of their national leagues.

Chelsea were the same before Oil & Gas turned up.

But shite managers have fucked those clubs up too.

The manager IS THE ONLY reason any club will have any sort of sustained success.

It's not fucking rock science.

26 minutes ago, m0e said:

It's as if they think the manager is THE single most important person at a football club.

That's clearly bollocks.

I mean, look at at the continued success when Busby and Fergie left the mancs. Or when Wenger left Arsenal. Or when Benitez left Valencia. Or when Klopp left Dortmund. 

ah.gif

The only clubs where it doesn't really matter who the manager is are City and PSG. And they can't buy the European Cup.

Bayern and Juve are similar because of their dominance of their national leagues.

The manager IS THE ONLY reason any club will have any sort of sustained success.

Exactly. 

So when you know you've got a good one, back him.

32 minutes ago, m0e said:

ah.gif

Unlike this

1ED1959E-A64B-4370-830C-DC7FAF58A4E6.jpeg

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

When all is said and done and Uncle Uzzy's kids are diveying up their inheritance how much do you think his Everton investment will be worth to them?

49 minutes ago, m0e said:

That's clearly bollocks.

ah.gif

Apart from Shankly, Paisley, Fagan & Dalglish, I can't think of any example of a top-flight English club replacing a successful manager with another (until the "let's buy the Prem" Slobs won the lottery).

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Daisy said:

Leicester 

Spurs

Arsenal 

All have owners with ambition in the transfer market and have delivered new stadiums in full, not just one side of it. Leciester announced plans for a huge increase on their new stadium as well recently. 

Aston Villa owners also investing huge amounts in their asset and stadium renovation being planned soon. 

After Klopp leaves they will be our direct competitors and FSG are considerably worse than all four of their owners. 

To clarify, it's claimed Arsenal have better owners than Liverpool? Has anyone told Arsenal Fan TV?

12 hours ago, Moo said:

It is utter bollocks and a false argument on this forum.  I do wonder if some posters opinion, and stuff on the podcast as mentioned above, of Liverpool supporters is informed by what they read on social media such as Twitter.  This forum is nothing like that. 

Are people hearing it at the ground, that they want an oligarch or oil state?

I want a Coke Baron for the extras. 

14 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The right answer as always is somewhere in the middle e.g., Aston Villa, Spurs, and Arsenal. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

The right answer as always is somewhere in the middle e.g., Aston Villa, Spurs, and Arsenal. 

If Villa, Spurs and arsenal are the answer, what's the question again?

People say they dont want an oligarch but then the club spent £40m+ on Jota, £36m on Konate and £24 on Thiago during a time when clubs income has been severely reduced and that isnt enough?

32 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

If Villa, Spurs and arsenal are the answer, what's the question again?

People say they dont want an oligarch but then the club spent £40m+ on Jota, £36m on Konate and £24 on Thiago during a time when clubs income has been severely reduced and that isnt enough?

This is true. I do believe Jota was a bit overpriced myself,but an excellent purchase. I also believe his fee has been spread over four seasons,so 4x10 million? I am guessing the others are similar,or not?

She won't come back to answer the questions being put to her.

Her MO is avoiding any questions that calls her out on her bollocks.

Her go to is "Klopp isn't to blame for anything and FSG are the enemy"

Her name is ____________ ?

EvergreenSnivelingAngwantibo-max-1mb.gif