You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

11 minutes ago, m0e said:

No idea who called us "the cleverest", but since Houllier in 2001, we've never had a squad that gives us everything we need.

We've had absolute dross on the bench season after season for as long as I remember.

Fair point about dross.... But I might argue most of that time it's been wanted dross. 

9 minutes ago, m0e said:

No idea who called us "the cleverest", but since Houllier in 2001, we've never had a squad that gives us everything we need.

We've had absolute dross on the bench season after season for as long as I remember.

A quick look around the league and you'll find few club's who don't and few fan bases that are completely happy with their bench or on field options even among the 'big 6'.

The least annoyed at the moment are seem to be Chelsea, whether not signing Kounde has changed that or not I don't know but City weren't happy about getting a striker, Utd are unhappy with their midfield etc etc.

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp disposes of players when he wants to. It's on him as well. 

Does he really? The only player I can think of as being disposed was sakho. Klopp seems more than happy to work with any player as long as they put the effort in on the training ground. I don't think there's a doubt klopp would have willing let origi and minamino go for example. After that, it's over to the supposed clever people. 

33 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Anyone who thinks we're in a position to shrug our shoulders at 6 points this season while our players fuck off to afcon are kidding themselves. 

Who’s ever said that, you soft get?

I’m saying we still should be able to win those games without Mane and Salah. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Does he really? The only player I can think of as being disposed was sakho. Klopp seems more than happy to work with any player as long as they put the effort in on the training ground. I don't think there's a doubt klopp would have willing let origi and minamino go for example. After that, it's over to the supposed clever people. 

So two of the biggest problem players in terms of mediocrity and wastes of space could have been disposed by Klopp, but he hasn't. There you go.

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I can't see us dropping out of the top four as everyone else is pretty shit. But I would be surprised if we were within a dozen points of City and Chelsea.

You think they are both a dozen points better than us? I don't rate Chelsea that highly. They will be up there but I dont see them being adventurous enough to win the league.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You think they are both a dozen points better than us? I don't rate Chelsea that highly. They will be up there but I dont see them being adventurous enough to win the league.

Yes, I do.

I don't think they're necessarily a better team but when all sides inevitably get a few injuries (and of course AFCON) they'll be equipped to deal with it. We won't.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Interesting point that. They really remind me of how we used to be under Rafa. We could compete with anyone on our day, but there's a refusal to go for the throat at times - which over 38 games catches up with you.

I do think this season is fascinating though. We've got a squad that isn't massively.different from the one that got over 90 points 2 years running - but we have so many players with question marks around them. City have improved I suppose as aguero barely contributed any more, but I do think they'll have days where they won't find a goal. And Salford have loads of match winning players, but a fucking idiot in the dugout and a midfield that will need to work hard to be better than Everton's. Leicester have held their squad together for the 1st time I can recall and then added to it. And from what I've seen up to now spurs and Everton look like they might be set up to take points off the top 5. 

I think it'll be Xmas before we see any real shape to it. 

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp could have gotten rid of Origi and Minamino, but hasn't. That is partially his fault. He has a hand in squad management.

How could he? He doesn't get rid of players, he just agrees they can be sold. Edwards job is to find buyers to match the clubs valuation. Are you suggesting he should bomb them to the U23s or something to force them out? Therefore compromising Edwards ability to get a good fee? 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

How could he? He doesn't get rid of players, he just agrees they can be sold. Edwards job is to find buyers to match the clubs valuation. Are you suggesting he should bomb them to the U23s or something to force them out? Therefore compromising Edwards ability to get a good fee? 

Just send these guys on loan. Open up a squad spot. But he doesn't want to do that.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think we’ll finish 3rd or 4th.

AFCON and the other international shite with isolation rules/international associations forcing bans etc is likely to fuck us sadly IMO and really impact where we finish - and that is shite, as I feel without it all we'd go close to title.

For example you watch the team weakened most after this current international break end up being us.....isn't it currently looking like Jota, Fabinho and Alisson all missing due to either quarantine or being banned?....Would have been Firmino too if fit.

Fucking stinks...clubs should not have to suffer for international shite ... the players are the clubs very highly paid and very expensively acquired employees and their jobs should not be affected at all by fucking international football.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Just send these guys on loan. Open up a squad spot. But he doesn't want to do that.

What if they don't want to go? Get them in a headlock, fuck them in the boot of his car and drive them to Turkey/ France/ Germany/ Wolverhampton?

It is blatantly obvious that Klopp has approved Origi being moved on for the past 12 months. The how and where is Edwards' job. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, an tha said:

AFCON and the other international shite with isolation rules/international associations forcing bans etc is likely to fuck us sadly IMO and really impact where we finish - and that is shite, as I feel without it all we'd go close to title.

For example you watch the team weakened most after this current international break end up being us.....isn't it currently looking like Jota, Fabinho and Alisson all missing due to either quarantine or being banned?....Would have been Firmino too if fit.

Fucking stinks...clubs should not have to suffer for international shite ... the players are the clubs very highly paid and very expensively acquired employees and their jobs should not be affected at all by fucking international football.

I haven't seen that anywhere, I thought all clubs had unanimously said they wouldn't release players. Not seen anything on bans

56 minutes ago, etho said:

I haven't seen that anywhere, I thought all clubs had unanimously said they wouldn't release players. Not seen anything on bans

Brazil have been on to FIFA to invoke the 5 day ban ruling...meaning our Brazilians if Brazil get their way can't play for us for 5 days after last scheduled Brazil game in break.

41 minutes ago, an tha said:

Brazil have been on to FIFA to invoke the 5 day ban ruling...meaning our Brazilians if Brazil get their way can't play for us for 5 days after last scheduled Brazil game in break.

I’ve not seen Brazil but I did read some Central American & lesser South American countries were on about it. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve not seen Brazil but I did read some Central American & lesser South American countries were on about it. 

Brazil have mentioned it but unlike some other countries haven't made a formal complaint (yet). 

• Upvote 1