You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

On 01/09/2021 at 15:56, Scott_M said:

They’ll just be joining the end of the queue to get in at that point.

So are you pissed off or happy, I can't remember which you would be. 

How have spurs managed to spend so much money despite having huge debt already to fund a fully built new stadium? 

You know not just 1/4 of one? 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Knob head won't read that

It's a bit Boris Johnson's two brexit letters to be fair because his pinned tweet, written before the transfer window, is him telling everyone we shouldn't expect many signings without the sale of a big player.

But I get that tapping into the twitter mood is good for engagement so fair play to him.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

So are you pissed off or happy, I can't remember which you would be. 

How have spurs managed to spend so much money despite having huge debt already to fund a fully built new stadium? 

You know not just 1/4 of one? 

I’m disappointed. I said this very clearly on Tuesday, which the usual burks used to have a pop at me. We’re hardly in the position Rogers was left in having to play untested Suso and Sterling 

It does give further opportunities to Elliot, however, I definitely wanted another attacker. 

Spurs took a £175m BoE loan last summer. Their biggest signing, Romero, is also on loan with an option next summer. 

Arsenal took a £120m loan. 

You know this, you’ve been told before a few times. 

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Knob head won't read that

I’ve skimmed it. 

There is definitely an argument that if FSG bought the club for £300m and it was valued at £3bn before COVID19, why aren’t we spending more?

Ultimately, I think we are a player short but I also think we can still achieve our aims this season (ie put in significant challenges for the Premiership and CL). 

Are supporters not allowed to be happy with the squad despite wanting 1 more player?

Anyway, I fully expect to see you at the protest ahead of Palace.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Differences between net profit and working capital.

Information is a year old now but, again, from the excellent swiss ramble

Working capital measures short-term liquidity, defined as current assets less current liabilities. Changes in working capital can cause operating cash flow to differ from net profit, as clubs book revenue and expenses when they occur instead of when cash actually changes hands.

If current liabilities increase, a club is paying its suppliers more slowly, so is holding on to cash (positive for cash flow). On the other hand, if a club’s debtors increase, this means it collected less money from customers than it recorded as revenue (negative for cash flow).

Some clubs had large working capital movements, e.g. #THFC cash flow benefited from a £197m positive movement (increase in creditors), but #LFC only had £16m beneficial impact, while #CFC cash flow was adversely impacted by a £75m negative movement (increase in debtors).

This is horribly technical, but important for #LFC, because, as a result of these adjustments to the profit and loss account, other clubs’ available cash has been boosted much more, e.g. #LFC £293m (amortisation/depreciation £277m, working capital £16m) against #MCFC £544m.

In this way, over the last 3 years #LFC £15m operating profit has been adjusted to give £307m operating cash flow, while #MCFC operating loss of £74m becomes a much higher operating cash flow of £470m. #THFC £640m and #MUFC £635m had even more.

This helps explain why #LFC had much less money available to spend on players than their rivals, despite their reported high profits. As a consequence, they only spent £147m cash (net) in the last 3 years, the 2nd lowest in the Big 6, comprising £425m purchases less £278m sales.

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Differences between net profit and working capital.

Information is a year old now but, again, from the excellent swiss ramble

Working capital measures short-term liquidity, defined as current assets less current liabilities. Changes in working capital can cause operating cash flow to differ from net profit, as clubs book revenue and expenses when they occur instead of when cash actually changes hands.

If current liabilities increase, a club is paying its suppliers more slowly, so is holding on to cash (positive for cash flow). On the other hand, if a club’s debtors increase, this means it collected less money from customers than it recorded as revenue (negative for cash flow).

Some clubs had large working capital movements, e.g. #THFC cash flow benefited from a £197m positive movement (increase in creditors), but #LFC only had £16m beneficial impact, while #CFC cash flow was adversely impacted by a £75m negative movement (increase in debtors).

This is horribly technical, but important for #LFC, because, as a result of these adjustments to the profit and loss account, other clubs’ available cash has been boosted much more, e.g. #LFC £293m (amortisation/depreciation £277m, working capital £16m) against #MCFC £544m.

In this way, over the last 3 years #LFC £15m operating profit has been adjusted to give £307m operating cash flow, while #MCFC operating loss of £74m becomes a much higher operating cash flow of £470m. #THFC £640m and #MUFC £635m had even more.

This helps explain why #LFC had much less money available to spend on players than their rivals, despite their reported high profits. As a consequence, they only spent £147m cash (net) in the last 3 years, the 2nd lowest in the Big 6, comprising £425m purchases less £278m sales.

Amortisation and depreciation does not affect cash flow. 

15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Amortisation and depreciation does not affect cash flow. 

That's why he's talking about working capital and not cash flow, but by all means take it up with him. 

Information is from September 2020 so it may not even be relevant now as the situation may have changed but its one possible answer to your question.

43 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve skimmed it. 

There is definitely an argument that if FSG bought the club for £300m and it was valued at £3bn before COVID19, why aren’t we spending more?

Ultimately, I think we are a player short but I also think we can still achieve our aims this season (ie put in significant challenges for the Premiership and CL). 

Are supporters not allowed to be happy with the squad despite wanting 1 more player?

Anyway, I fully expect to see you at the protest ahead of Palace

How can you be happy with the squad if its at least one player short. 

Let's see your line up and subs for the afcon games?

Assuming at least four other players will be on the injury table as well at that point from the squad. 

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

How can you be happy with the squad if its at least one player short. 

Let's see your line up and subs for the afcon games?

Assuming at least four other players will be on the injury table as well at that point from the squad. 

Talk about splitting hairs…

We have a 25 man squad, I’m happy with 24 of them. 96%. I think we are 1 player short, fuck me, it’s not Rodgers first season where we were short all over. 

We’ve shown we can win games without Salah or Mane previously. We have 2 very winnable league games in that period. Injuries are part of the game.

Do you not think, for example, a front 3 of Ox / Elliot / Minamino, Firmino & Jota is good enough to beat Brentford & Palace? You must have a significant downer on the squad if you don’t. 

Despite only being 96% happy with the squad. I still think we can challenge for the major honours this season. 

• Upvote 2

I think we'll win the league because we have a fantastic team and a very good squad.

I'd be even more confident about our chances if we'd signed another forward, which we should have done and which fans have every right to feel disappointed about.

The sky isn't falling in though. Not unless Sadio plays like he did last season and we have to keep playing him because we have no other choice.

If him and Bobby are back to anywhere near their best we'll be fine. If they're shite like they were last year then we have a problem. I'd like to think Klopp saw enough from them since they came back to have confidence that they'll deliver for us again, hence him not bringing anyone else in.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

I think we'll win the league because we have a fantastic team and a very good squad.

I'd be even more confident about our chances if we'd signed another forward, which we should have done and which fans have every right to feel disappointed about.

The sky isn't falling in though. Not unless Sadio plays like he did last season and we have to keep playing him because we have no other choice.

If him and Bobby are back to anywhere near their best we'll be fine. If they're shite like they were last year then we have a problem. I'd like to think Klopp saw enough from them since they came back to have confidence that they'll deliver for us again, hence him not bringing anyone else in.

Sadio could miss a month due to AFCON even if on fire this season. 

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Talk about splitting hairs…

We have a 25 man squad, I’m happy with 24 of them. 96%. I think we are 1 player short, fuck me, it’s not Rodgers first season where we were short all over. 

We’ve shown we can win games without Salah or Mane previously. We have 2 very winnable league games in that period. Injuries are part of the game.

Do you not think, for example, a front 3 of Ox / Elliot / Minamino, Firmino & Jota is good enough to beat Brentford & Palace? You must have a significant downer on the squad if you don’t. 

Despite only being 96% happy with the squad. I still think we can challenge for the major honours this season. 

There is no way we are winning any game with Ox and Minamino playing together in a front three. 

Well apart from maybe FA cup against non league opposition. 

Daves deluded as well for thinking we win the league. We will struggle for top four again 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Sadio could miss a month due to AFCON even if on fire this season. 

It's two league games isn't it? There's at least one FA Cup round in there, maybe two.

I agree with your general point, and it's partly why we should have signed someone. It's also why I didn't want Sarr because he'd be away too, which would be pointless. Plus I don't think he's good enough. 

Just now, Daisy said:

There is no way we are winning any game with Ox and Minamino playing together in a front three. 

Well apart from maybe FA cup against non league opposition. 

Daves deluded as well for thinking we win the league. We will struggle for top four again 

Luckily I didn’t say Ox and Minamino in a front 3. I said Firmino, Jota + another. 

Why will we struggle for too 4 again? We got 3rd last season without  several of the players who have been so important to us now being back. 

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

We got top four last year with Phillips / Kabak / Williams splitting time at centre back in the last dozen games.

Deluded is you thinking there are four teams better than us.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, dave u said:

Completely agree.

I think Mane will be fine. I get he wasn’t at his best last season or v Chelsea but he’s looked very sharp in the other games. 

He’d have equalised against Chelsea if it wasn’t for the handball.