You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

I dislike FSG massively, but the problem isn't solely them.

Football is basically fucked. They only way we are going to keep pace spending wise with Chelsea and the two Manc clubs is being bought by a corrupt bunch of human rights abusers who want to pretend they are actually nice people by spunking billions on footballers.

Any other alternative to that is basically going to be the club living on what it generates, which is what we have now and doesn't allow that.

Best we can hope for in future is cycles like we saw under Klopp, build for a few years, maybe win something, then drop away again.

If Arsenal sort themselves out and you have the odd team like Leicester having a good season or couple of seasons being close to competing for top 4 we're likely to also be dropping in and out of the top 4.

The reality of football now, is that if a club of our history, stature and global reach can't afford to compete then the rest of the league is doubly fucked. 

It's taken City something like 1.5 billion to become what they are now? Any of the clubs outside of the top few will need to spend that and more just to catch up with them.

But it's OK, the pundits, Sky, UEFA and the FA can lay into us for ruining the game by being involved in the ESL bollocks while pretending they haven't been massively responsible in ruining the game and doing shit like turning the FA Cup into a non event in the search for cash over everything else. 

This.

1 minute ago, dave u said:

When Klopp goes we'll almost certainly become Spurs or Arsenal.

You can't compete for trophies operating the way we currently do unless you have the best manager in the world, or at least one of the top three best.

Even the second best manager in the world has needed a billion quid to be competitive. We needed the very best to win what we have, whilst spending less than Burnley. You're right about when he goes, though.

• Upvote 1

I fear the idea that we can again wring every last bit out of a small core group of players for a whole season might be fanciful.

We're missing a vital ingredient that we had in 2019 and 2020, that those players would run through brick walls to make sure their ridiculous amounts of hard work paid off (and bring to an end the 30 year wait).

That level of drive simply must be gone now. 

That's not to say they don't have the drive to repeat that success but it can't possibly be as intense - another reason we really needed to freshen up the squad and bring in extra quality, Jürgen has his work cut out but if anyone can do it he can.

But FSG can go fuck themselves.

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

that's all FSGs expectation ever were anyway. As long as the CL money roles in, they don't care about the rest. 

Exactly just like Arsenal were in Wengers last few seasons at the club. Finish 4th get out of the group stages of the champions league and its a steady income of money coming in. The problem with that is replace Wenger with someone not as good and the arse falls out of it.

We have the same problem coming to us in the post when Klopp finshes up here.

Moores: Coco The clowns phone turned off.

H&G: Wanted to sign Snoogy Dookie whoever that was

NESW: We can compete with everyone financially. Then turned to:

FSG: There is no value in any of the transfer windows. We can extend contracts and present them as new signings up to and including the last day of the transfer window. Just to take the piss out of the fans. Why ? Because we can.

Brilliant Stewardship of our club the last umpteen years.

At least I got to see another title win before I die. All credit to Klopp for that. Just wonder how much we'd have won if he actually was given money to spend.

• Like 1

FSG are trolling us and I'm down with that. I like pettiness for pettiness sake, if I owned a business and little cunts like Daisy and Stroganoff done nothing but whinge and abuse Linda then I'd do the same. We (the fans) caused the uproar that stopped their ESL project. A project in their eyes that would effectively allow them control the oil teams spend and give us a real chance to compete. We were also clear we didn't want debt after H&G, we were clear we don't want to spend £77 on tickets so this is a big fuck you back to us. Have that you poor cunts while I snort coke off Linda titties from my yacht docked in St Tropez.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Moo said:

I'm not. 

I don't want it to happen out of consideration for Klopp (and the players), but once he's gone then I suppose all bets are off.

Nothing like that will happen yet, unless:

A) We have some terrible form in the coming months due to injuries, then the natives might get restless or

B) It happens when Jurgen moves on and we inevitably hit the skids.

The worm has turned though. It used to be a few dissenting tweeters, but social media is rife and those that are not on social media, the ones I know anyway, whilst not FSGOUT are certainly no longer fully supportive of them.

I don't think it will take much for heads to fall off again.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Looking forward to seeing this…

C2D7D43D-7DA4-48B9-A75D-7CB2A4F79238.jpeg

I hope this is joke. Whilst I recognise there’s a debate to be had, we are not at the stage where this kind of action is required. We rightly poured scorn on the Mancs for their protests and this would be in the same ballpark. 

I marched myself to get Hicks and Gillette out but the club was in a different place to how it is now. Perhaps this kind of action may one day be needed, but not now.

It’s also, as has been said, disrespectful to Klopp so hopefully we see nothing like what’s advertised anytime soon. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The worm has turned though. It used to be a few dissenting tweeters, but social media is rife and those that are not on social media, the ones I know anyway, whilst not FSGOUT are certainly no longer fully supportive of them.

Social media has always been rife.

30 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I hope this is joke. Whilst I recognise there’s a debate to be had, we are not at the stage where this kind of action is required. We rightly poured scorn on the Mancs for their protests and this would be in the same ballpark. 

I marched myself to get Hicks and Gillette out but the club was in a different place to how it is now. Perhaps this kind of action may one day be needed, but not now.

It’s also, as has been said, disrespectful to Klopp so hopefully we see nothing like what’s advertised anytime soon. 

No, we poured scorn in the Mancs because their most recent protest was dressed up as a protest against the ESL. And before that because they were actually spending shed loads and were crying because they weren't winning while their biggest rivals were.

We have spent very little in comparison.

(and have been winning)

It's simple stuff. The ONLY time we've not fucked around buying six/seven million pound players who 'might pan out' and bought top quality, like the best keeper and the best CB in the world, we've won shit. Buying good players brings you trophies if you've got enough of them, it really is that simple. We're back to doing stuff on the cheap and hoping for the best it would seem. We're still a crack outfit and we can win the league or the CL, but not both - and for it to happen we'll have to be freakishly lucky with form and injuries.