You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Anyone explain why these fucking clowns are announcing 3 contract extension on deadline day, while rivals are announcing actual transfers?! That is fucking embarrassing. Contract extensions can be announced literally any day of the year, why choose the last day for signing players? Do they think this will somehow make up for the lack of transfers? Surely FSG are not so stupid to think anyone would fall for that?

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Anyone explain why these fucking clowns are announcing 3 contract extension on deadline day, while rivals are announcing actual transfers?! That is fucking embarrassing. Contract extensions can be announced literally any day of the year, why choose the last day for signing players? Do they think this will somehow make up for the lack of transfers? Surely FSG are not so stupid to think anyone would fall for that?

Agree about the suspect timing of them all but, apart from Hendo's announcement, the others just stink of contempt towards the supporters.  

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Griezmann is on like 500k per week. You're paying 5m for Saul, plus he's on 300k per week, for a loan of a year. Tell me more how cheap that is.

Those wages were shot down awhile back by the Spanish journos.

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Griezmann is on like 500k per week. You're paying 5m for Saul, plus he's on 300k per week, for a loan of a year. Tell me more how cheap that is.

£130k according to this guy, but he refers to himself as a "French Football Expert" so not sure how much notice I'd take of him

Screenshot_20210901-003736.png

5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah this is where I am. They won the lottery with Klopp, take him out of the equation and it all falls down, no way do utter minge bags like these compete with the big boys without his magic. I know the grass is always greener but I honestly wish they’d just sell up and fuck off, there must be a buyer out there.

You'd be thinking arsenal would be demonstrating a good message. Spending after the smart manager leaves gets you absolutely nowhere, so spend it while he's here. 

2 hours ago, Reckoner said:

“Liverpool’s net transfer spend on 31 August 2020 for the previous five years read £89.79m. That is in contrast to City’s £505.6m and £378.9m for United. Consider what the club won in that period in the age of oligarchs and Sheikhs.”

The Independent 

I'd like to know what our net spend is since number 6. I reckon we might be in profit. 

45 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

And athletico can afford that? Yet don't they turnover less than our supposed entire wage bill? 

I'm not usually one to complain about FSG, I don't think they are as bad as some do and I'm not a huge fan either but this summer has been a massive disappointment and missed opportunity. 

I wouldn't usually advocate getting loans to buy players but there has been a global pandemic, revenues will return to normal and loans have never been cheaper. 

If we had bought a forward (and given the form of Firmino and Mané, I believe we need a top class one rather than a punt to cover the current 4) and a solid buy as cover for right back I'd be very confident that we could win the league and compete for the champions league. 

If we couldn't access the cash, an £80 million loan paid over 5 years would have cost less than £17m a season and would have put us in a great position.

Given the age profile of our original front 3, we will have to buy a forward or 2 next year anyway. It's strange.

43 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I'm not usually one to complain about FSG, I don't think they are as bad as some do and I'm not a huge fan either but this summer has been a massive disappointment and missed opportunity. 

I wouldn't usually advocate getting loans to buy players but there has been a global pandemic, revenues will return to normal and loans have never been cheaper. 

If we had bought a forward (and given the form of Firmino and Mané, I believe we need a top class one rather than a punt to cover the current 4) and a solid buy as cover for right back I'd be very confident that we could win the league and compete for the champions league. 

If we couldn't access the cash, an £80 million loan paid over 5 years would have cost less than £17m a season and would have put us in a great position.

Given the age profile of our original front 3, we will have to buy a forward or 2 next year anyway. It's strange.

And the loss of two of our regular front three for the African Cup of Nations also. That is really negligent.

2 hours ago, Razoray said:

The thing is the majority of transfers are paid over the players contract anyway. If we signed a forward for 50m this year, unless it was activating a release clause, we'd likely pay that 50m over 3 or 4 years. Cash would be really unlikely to be needed in a loan to do this and worst case we'd need to extend our revolving credit a little. We didn't spend this window because we're skint. We didn't spend for the same reason as we haven't since number 6. The owners are dining off that win and the PL win and feel klopp can get this squad in the top 4 without needing to make additional outlay. 

14 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

A genuine question have FSG actually invested cash into the business after paying for the club or has it all been done with club revenue and loans on the clubs earnings or future earnings. The 11 percent sale of FSG to redbird was an astronomical amount of money for just 11 percent of their business.

Basically they’ve recouped their initial cost of buying the club plus a nice little bonus. Whatever they sell the club for will be pure profit now. Imho they will sell the club because their whole strategy was based on FFP being strongly adhered to and now that’s out of the window. I don’t think they’ve spent a penny of their own money and I think that’s pretty obvious.

I dislike FSG massively, but the problem isn't solely them.

Football is basically fucked. They only way we are going to keep pace spending wise with Chelsea and the two Manc clubs is being bought by a corrupt bunch of human rights abusers who want to pretend they are actually nice people by spunking billions on footballers.

Any other alternative to that is basically going to be the club living on what it generates, which is what we have now and doesn't allow that.

Best we can hope for in future is cycles like we saw under Klopp, build for a few years, maybe win something, then drop away again.

If Arsenal sort themselves out and you have the odd team like Leicester having a good season or couple of seasons being close to competing for top 4 we're likely to also be dropping in and out of the top 4.

The reality of football now, is that if a club of our history, stature and global reach can't afford to compete then the rest of the league is doubly fucked. 

It's taken City something like 1.5 billion to become what they are now? Any of the clubs outside of the top few will need to spend that and more just to catch up with them.

But it's OK, the pundits, Sky, UEFA and the FA can lay into us for ruining the game by being involved in the ESL bollocks while pretending they haven't been massively responsible in ruining the game and doing shit like turning the FA Cup into a non event in the search for cash over everything else. 

• Upvote 2

Are there any real cocaine barons left. At least there will be  a decent distraction if we don't win. Free lines at the stiles on the way out. 

Don't think we even have to worry about the AFCON, the squad will be dead on it's feet by then anyway. Tough CL draw this time around. Scraping through the group stages will be even tougher this year. We are in for a long season praying for some good health and fitness training that'll be jesus like. Resurecting the fuck lactaded muscles week in week out.

2 minutes ago, clangers said:

We'll manage our expectations down to finishing top four being viewed as an excellent season in no time at all or are we already there?

Surely were already there.  Everyone around us has strengthened, we have gone backwards or at best stood still.

8 hours ago, Baltar said:

I think they announced Hendo’s thinking it would make up for lack of transfers. After they got stick for doing that (not Henderson’s fault as he didn’t deserve the announcement being used in that way) I think they announced Nat to take the piss after they’d been given short shrift.

I don’t think that has come from Boston, by the way. More a decision by the clowns running our social media accounts and Hogan, who must have signed off on it.