You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

3 hours ago, Moo said:

Is it actually from someone at the club though? Could have come straight off these pages, especially the bit about asking the supporters who's "readily available".  I tell you what there's no shortage of, readily available excuses for FSGs cheap, american shite.

It says an insider at the club. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

A genuine question have FSG actually invested cash into the business after paying for the club or has it all been done with club revenue and loans on the clubs earnings or future earnings. The 11 percent sale of FSG to redbird was an astronomical amount of money for just 11 percent of their business.

They haven't spent a penny of their own money. They have just provided loans to the club 

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

I was on the fence with FSG and had hoped they'd give Klopp some funds for

few signings this summer but yet again we stand still whilst all our rivals strengthen. Really poor from them again. Not good 

They clearly dont learn from.their mistakesi

8 hours ago, Stickman said:

Let’s face it FSG are just happy to have their very own Arsene Wenger in charge, a man who can get them champions league footy every year with very little  outlay and if a shiny cup pops up along the way then all well and good. 
We could and should be dominating the league and Europe with this guy in charge but with these cunts pulling the strings I’m afraid we’ll look back when Jurgen has moved on and think “if only” 

Yeah this is where I am. They won the lottery with Klopp, take him out of the equation and it all falls down, no way do utter minge bags like these compete with the big boys without his magic. I know the grass is always greener but I honestly wish they’d just sell up and fuck off, there must be a buyer out there.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that we were 7th or 8th and miles away from the top 4 or competing when Klopp arrived. We fought so hard to get back in the CL and then got to the final. We then win it the year after and the league. 

Having been miles behind and then leapfrogging all our rivals, becoming tge most attractive prospect in world football the owners just seem content to sit back and be content to slide back to where we were when we qualified for the first time. Fucking infuriating.

• Upvote 4

I don't think the lack of spending since the Champions League win is much of an owners thing. You can always find holes in a squad. This one is clearly that after our 4 rotating players, we have forward backups who are crap, but mostly we've built a very strong squad over the past 5 or so years and have sold none of our top players. Simply put, how many other top players could we realistically buy to stack on top of those? 

The bigger issue might actually be not cashing in on one or two of these players like we did with Coutinho and reinvest in more players.

• Downvote 1

“Liverpool’s net transfer spend on 31 August 2020 for the previous five years read £89.79m. That is in contrast to City’s £505.6m and £378.9m for United. Consider what the club won in that period in the age of oligarchs and Sheikhs.”

The Independent 

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

“Liverpool’s net transfer spend on 31 August 2020 for the previous five years read £89.79m. That is in contrast to City’s £505.6m and £378.9m for United. Consider what the club won in that period in the age of oligarchs and Sheikhs.”

The Independent 

Fucking hell - when klopp leaves we are in serious trouble.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think the lack of spending since the Champions League win is much of an owners thing. You can always find holes in a squad. This one is clearly that after our 4 rotating players, we have forward backups who are crap, but mostly we've built a very strong squad over the past 5 or so years and have sold none of our top players. Simply put, how many other top players could we realistically buy to stack on top of those? 

The bigger issue might actually be not cashing in on one or two of these players like we did with Coutinho and reinvest in more players.

I think without Covid we'd have refreshed that front line and seen one of the established front three leave. There was talk of Madrid wanting Mané for £60-70m for instance. Then covid came, he dropped in form, and the two big Spanish clubs stopped spending so freely.

As great as it is not seeing your best players poached, you need to be equally aware of the dangers of keeping them tied to lucrative long term deals, should their form drop.

• Upvote 1

Knocks me sick seeing the usual social media arse lickers celebrating the fact that we’ve gave new contracts out to players already here and acting like it’s new money and we should be grateful to St. John of Boston yacht club for it. 

53 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

2. Saul & Griezmann have just gone on the cheap tonight and are far better than what we’ve got in their positions.