You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

32 minutes ago, Horus said:

Seems like a divide and conquer approach to rile up both sides of the fsg debate, to keep us fighting amongst ourselves and leave the focus away from the ownership. 

Is it actually from someone at the club though? Could have come straight off these pages, especially the bit about asking the supporters who's "readily available".  I tell you what there's no shortage of, readily available excuses for FSGs cheap, american shite.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

I think they would CR, most footballers have faith in their ability to get a starting place.

Otherwise no-one would move unless Messi etc.

Think Jota is a good example of that.

We had Owen, Fowler, Heskey and Litmanen for 2 spots, but we can’t have anymore than 4 for 3 spots? 

Its bollocks and we know it is. 

• Upvote 5

They do seem to lack ambition but I can kind of sympathise with them too. Won the league during a pandemic, losing 100s millions. Moving to Kirkby cost millions which will have to be paid for, all them contract renewals too. Ground dev’s. All whilst revenues are rock bottom. The next set of accounts will be interesting. As it will be for every team bar the State owned, the Oligarch & Utd, who have always been on another financial plain. I don’t particularly like FSG but I can understand their stance too. They’ve always been careful, even more so now. Fans are kicking off, purely because them 3 threw their money about but we can’t compete with them

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

Is it actually from someone at the club though? Could have come straight off these pages, especially the bit about asking the supporters who's "readily available".  I tell you what there's no shortage of, readily available excuses for FSGs cheap, american shite.

As it's on the echo site and they've put a quote in the article, I'd guess it's probably a case of the "inside source told us..."

2 minutes ago, Horus said:

As it's on the echo site and they've put a quote in the article, I'd guess it's probably a case of the "inside source told us..."

I'd prefer it's made up by the Echo rather than think it's come from some coward(s) inside the club who won't even put their name to it.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

This argument that we don't need to replace Gini because we have Keita is really weird - I mean, we had both for a few years. What's changed? 

Also, has nobody followed Keita's Liverpool career - the idea that he's going to clock up 3000 minutes this season is delusional. 

It's okay though, we can flog young Harvey.

You're forgetting the machine that is the OX.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, angie said:

I just saw this interesting quote on the echo, so it’s irrational to want to strengthen the team but it’s not irrational for billionaires to furlough their staff, it’s not irrational to release 3 shirts every season at £100 each and it’s not irrational expecting the fans to buy them. It’s not irrational for fans to spend £1000s on tickets and the rest can’t get any unless they’ve already spent £1000s. It’s not irrational to charge £500 for a nike coat. It’s not irrational to raise ticket prices, it wasn’t irrational calling us customers. They make me sick. We’re nothing but mugs to them.

2CF07DA1-649A-40D8-AE35-79E4FB5B9596.jpeg

I think with a little bit of work the club could find better than what is currently offered by Keita, Ox  Curtis and Milner, so for me thats a BS statement.

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

I think they would CR, most footballers have faith in their ability to get a starting place.

Otherwise no-one would move unless Messi etc.

Think Jota is a good example of that.

I would like to think so Pete but there are a lot of prima donnas out there these days. Club has no excuse though for not bringing someone in.

• Upvote 1

This Hendo contract. Was there ever even an impasse? A friendly reporter put out that there was doubt it'd get done. Two weeks after that it's agreed, then they wait two more weeks to announce it's signed. Contract impasse? Sounds like a standard negotiation to me, where one party said 'not good enough' and the other party came back with an agreeable offer. 

With them announcing it today, it sounds like this was the plan all along to deflect from their lack of incomings, hoping that enough of us are just stupid or easily placated enough to swallow it. 

It's shit because Hendo deserved the type of fanfare that Robbo and Virg' got when they signed new deals. Instead they've just pissed everyone off and turned a feel good moment into a sour one. 

Fucking arseholes.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

This Hendo contract. Was there ever even an impasse? A friendly reporter put out that there was doubt it'd get done. Two weeks after that it's agreed, then they wait two more weeks to announce it's signed. Contract impasse? Sounds like a standard negotiation to me, where one party said 'not good enough' and the other party came back with an agreeable offer. 

With them announcing it today, it sounds like this was the plan all along to deflect from their lack of incomings, hoping that enough of us are just stupid or easily placated enough to swallow it. 

It's shit because Hendo deserved the type of fanfare that Robbo and Virg' got when they signed new deals. Instead they've just pissed everyone off and turned a feel good moment into a sour one. 

Fucking arseholes.

It’s been nailed on for weeks that they’d announce a contract extension today. They’re as predictable as Echo pieces tenuously tying other clubs doing business as to how we’re saving millions. 

8 minutes ago, Wicket said:

It’s been nailed on for weeks that they’d announce a contract extension today. They’re as predictable as Echo pieces tenuously tying other clubs doing business as to how we’re saving millions. 

I agree. It was more the point about never really being a doubt it'd get done in the first place. Like this was their plan all along. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Last year we underachieved. Yes we scraped in to the top four with a goalies header, but it was a waste of a season that was going well until January. 

It feels like we are on a downward slope with this side, the energy and verve is different. Unless City and Chelsea both contrive to throw things away and we somehow keep everyone fit and firing and take advantage. Or maybe we sneak a domestic trophy, but I don't think Jurgen is that interested.

Maybe nobody mentioned it, so you might have missed it, but we played over half a season without any of our three best centre backs. And we finished third.

Still, if you want to be a miserable get about it, then you're probably right that this season's squad probably won't match the 97 or 99 points we got last time we had normal levels of injuries to contend with.

6 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Last year we underachieved. Yes we scraped in to the top four with a goalies header, but it was a waste of a season that was going well until January. 

It feels like we are on a downward slope with this side, the energy and verve is different. Unless City and Chelsea both contrive to throw things away and we somehow keep everyone fit and firing and take advantage. Or maybe we sneak a domestic trophy, but I don't think Jurgen is that interested.

We’d have got 3rd even without that winner from Alisson. 

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe nobody mentioned it, so you might have missed it, but we played over half a season without any of our three best centre backs. And we finished third.

Still, if you want to be a miserable get about it, then you're probably right that this season's squad probably won't match the 97 or 99 points we got last time we had normal levels of injuries to contend with.

Whose fault is that? The Clubs.

If fucking nobodies can see it happening a mile off, why can't a professional setup see it? Its not about being a moaning get its about being fucking realistic. Being a 'top fan' who never questions doesn't get you anywhere. In fact id say its just fucking middling support.

Feels like we are about to repeat the same mistake again, relying on luck and praying game to game for players to come out unscathed.

The fans have a right to be angry, they spend a small fortune on the Club, only to be treated with contempt for daring to want the club to be ambitious. Its ok when they are charging a £100 quid a pop though for a fucking shirt.

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If fucking nobodies can see it happening a mile off, why can't a professional setup see it?

They did/do see it. They just didn't want to address it and they gambled going into the season without replacing Lovren. They just chose not to do anything about it. They're taking the same gamble this season, knowing that if Salah gets hurt, the season becomes about scrambling for fourth and hoping Klopp pulls it off again. They don't give a shit about winning the title like we all do. As far as they're concerned that's done now. Pressure off them. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

They did/do see it. They just didn't want to address it and they gambled going into the season without replacing Lovren. They just chose not to do anything about it. They're taking the same gamble this season, knowing that if Salah gets hurt, the season becomes about scrambling for fourth and hoping Klopp pulls it off again. They don't give a shit about winning the title like we all do. As far as they're concerned that's done now. Pressure off them. 

I agree with the end bit

Soon after we won the league my feelings of pure jubilation turned to concern that it would be an excuse not to spend money and build on constantly challenging.

With what happened last season and all the issues we had you’d have think we’d see a reaction, so that we’re not leaving challenging to chance we stay injury free in key areas. 

We haven’t, again and we’re set to loose Salah and Mane up front for the ACON and all. 

Another season of what ifs by the looks of it. 

Stingy owners. 

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Cobblers.

No its not leicester have a fragile mentality. They were on for fourth, they see us snatch victory from a keepers header then they have to play Chelsea on the Tuesday. We are in the driving seat and Leicester have it all to do and they can't see it through. Chelsea can afford to have one eye on the Champions League.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Cobblers.

Sorry but it's really not.  Are you telling me you personally didn't feel the significance of that Alisson header, or was it just like any another last minute goal?  

7 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I agree with the end bit

Soon after we won the league my feelings of pure jubilation turned to concern that it would be an excuse not to spend money and build on constantly challenging.

With what happened last season and all the issues we had you’d have think we’d see a reaction, so that we’re not leaving challenging to chance we stay injury free in key areas. 

We haven’t, again and we’re set to loose Salah and Mane up front for the ACON and all. 

Another season of what ifs by the looks of it. 

Stingy owners. 

Fucking hell for a couple of days I'd forgotten about the Afcon and losing Salah and Mane to that. 

All the more reason...

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

They do seem to lack ambition but I can kind of sympathise with them too. Won the league during a pandemic, losing 100s millions. Moving to Kirkby cost millions which will have to be paid for, all them contract renewals too. Ground dev’s. All whilst revenues are rock bottom. The next set of accounts will be interesting. As it will be for every team bar the State owned, the Oligarch & Utd, who have always been on another financial plain. I don’t particularly like FSG but I can understand their stance too. They’ve always been careful, even more so now. Fans are kicking off, purely because them 3 threw their money about but we can’t compete with them

yeah, i feel sorry for them too. it must be tough to pay 200m for something and have it be worth just 2.5bn 10 years later. i feel for them, i really do. 

26 minutes ago, Moo said:

Sorry but it's really not.  Are you telling me you personally didn't feel the significance of that Alisson header, or was it just like any another last minute goal?  

I'm not a professional footballer. As wonderful as that moment was for us, we still had to win games with our 4th-6th choice centre backs. Other teams were focused on their own games.