You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

6 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

I was literally walking around like that Bart Simpson gif that summer. 

"Prizes" nice use of plural there . Did we not win the league cup, or were unbeaten in league cup fir something ridiculous  like 3 years around that time ? Maybe I am wallowing in nostalgia  here  but we definitely tried to win everything available. 

Four consecutive years, 1981-84 (with three consecutive titles and two European Cups thrown in for good measure).

Daisy probably spent those years complaining about our lack of FA Cup success.

9 hours ago, m0e said:

You explained nothing.

You offered up a complaint aimed at no one in particular, and based on not one iota of evidence.

You also repeatedly fail to address the fact that we already had 2 fit centre backs at the club - 2 who helped us put a run together than meant we finished 3rd, with the best record in the land during that run.

2 center backs who, had they played earlier, would have meant Fabinho in midfield  and a better balance.

Something people were asking for long before Matip's injury and the January window opened.

To insinuate Klopp wanted to sign someone, and that this was blocked by whoever it is you think blocked it, is ridiculous, if not only for the fact that they gave him 36 mil to spend, with no outgoings, on a relative unknown, practically the minute the season ended.

You're talking about things you have no insight on, and a subject that's already been done to death on here.

It's not interesting or clever, and adds nothing to the debate.

Your turn, internet warrior.

Ok. Tithead. 

it’s a forum, full of opinions, some you will agree with, some you won’t. 

Some may have a bit of insight, some may not. As I’ve said all along, mine is an opinion. Done to death? Ok, don’t engage then. Easy. 

As for evidence, you offer up nothing. 

ok, they gave him £36m - but have well recouped that ( is that fact or opinion ? ) 

it’s one thing having 2 fit centre backs and quite another as to whether they are good enough. ( opinion again ) 

we finished 3rd. Great. Put it on the wall. Whopper. 

25 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

I was literally walking around like that Bart Simpson gif that summer. 

"Prizes" nice use of plural there . Did we not win the league cup, or were unbeaten in league cup fir something ridiculous  like 3 years around that time ? Maybe I am wallowing in nostalgia  here  but we definitely tried to win everything available. 

The difference between then and now is sentimentality.

I love Jurgen and what he has done but I think he is a little bit too loyal at times, however thats just the way he works.

I remember that summer of 87 well, we'd just come off the back of finishing trophy less, we came second in the League, out of the FA at the third round to Luton and we lost the final of the League Cup to Arsenal.

What i liked about us then was that we were ruthless. This was the team that won the Double only a season before. These days people would be offering that as an excuse why we couldn't improve.

Anyway we bought Aldridge as Rushies replacement. But Kenny and the Club had other ideas and probably thought the group could do with a shake up and so e we bought Barnes and then Beardsley. So that was one out and three in. This was also in the days of 1-2 subs if I recall so you really had to fight to get in the team.

We then went out and bought Houghton too. It was a great summer and it really injected new life and new dynamism into the side and the rest was history. Should have won the FA cup but for that scabby bunch of yard dogs, still a complete injustice to this day and the less said about 89 the better. That team was one of the best in my lifetime.

Different times, but we always put success at the heart of everything on the pitch. Unfortunately we have stakeholders now who need to have their bottom line intact these days.

The biggest fallacy is that a team that can win a league one year can continue to do so, even if they have great players, over and over without a real shake up of personnel to keep the players still at the Club challenged and on their toes and to keep the manager invigorated too.

I hope we sort something today otherwise I think we are gambling again, and gambles our end haven't really worked out lately.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This would be a problem if we were underachieving. We're not.

Last year we underachieved. Yes we scraped in to the top four with a goalies header, but it was a waste of a season that was going well until January. 

It feels like we are on a downward slope with this side, the energy and verve is different. Unless City and Chelsea both contrive to throw things away and we somehow keep everyone fit and firing and take advantage. Or maybe we sneak a domestic trophy, but I don't think Jurgen is that interested.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think anyone disputes they will spend incoming transfer money and I've not noticed any narrative of we've signed nobody. It's constantly been it's not enough. I remember plenty of people on here who are massive FSG fan boys were saying we needed 3 minimum this summer. But the narrative after today will be about how we've done enough, how Harvey elliot will provide all the backup we need for the midfield and forward line we all know it. And bottom line is, what FSG have invested in the squad has never been enough, but since Madrid it's been a fucking piss take. 

I'm a fan boy and will join the calls that Harvey does fill one of the 3 bodies we needed. If Origi isn't replaced today I don't think anyone can call it a success.

Just now, No2 said:

I'm a fan boy and will join the calls that Harvey does fill one of the 3 bodies we needed. If Origi isn't replaced today I don't think anyone can call it a success.

We need to stop framing it as Origi being replaced, we don't need a replacement for Origi he needs to be moved on in his own right.

We need a right sided equivalent of Jota so it isn't a case of there being nobody better than Origi it's is there somebody who can come in and push Salah/Firminho for a starting spot in the same way Jota pushed Mane/Firminho.

35 minutes ago, No2 said:

Let's see tomorrow then. You might say it's been a.poor.window, but you know as well as me there'll be plenty who'll be just happy with it and talking about how it'll just make next summer big, or we're keeping our powder dry for Edwards replacement. 

32 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We need to stop framing it as Origi being replaced, we don't need a replacement for Origi he needs to be moved on in his own right.

We need a right sided equivalent of Jota so it isn't a case of there being nobody better than Origi it's is there somebody who can come in and push Salah/Firminho for a starting spot in the same way Jota pushed Mane/Firminho.

It feels to me Jota has quickly become the man pushing firmino and not mane..the problem we have is both of those players have been off it for ages and both need to feel they're fighting for their shirt. Then of course there's the issue of what happens if Salah gets injured. 

37 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yeah agree, somebody who can step in for Mo is desperately needed. But would a player of that quality be prepared to come with the possibility of quite a bit of bench time?

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

That's just semantics, what needs to happen is when we need to go our  to 5th choice attacker it's not Divock Origi. I don't care if its a Neil Mellor type or Charlie Austin, it just can't be someone who has semi retired in their mind.

1 hour ago, Marko121 said:

Ok. Tithead. 

Some may have a bit of insight, some may not. As I’ve said all along, mine is an opinion. Done to death? Ok, don’t engage then. Easy. 

ok, they gave him £36m - but have well recouped that ( is that fact or opinion ? ) 

it’s one thing having 2 fit centre backs and quite another as to whether they are good enough. ( opinion again ) 

tenor (10) (10).gif

Let’s face it FSG are just happy to have their very own Arsene Wenger in charge, a man who can get them champions league footy every year with very little  outlay and if a shiny cup pops up along the way then all well and good. 
We could and should be dominating the league and Europe with this guy in charge but with these cunts pulling the strings I’m afraid we’ll look back when Jurgen has moved on and think “if only” 

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Let’s face it FSG are just happy to have their very own Arsene Wenger in charge, a man who can get them champions league footy every year with very little  outlay and if a shiny cup pops up along the way then all well and good. 
We could and should be dominating the league and Europe with this guy in charge but with these cunts pulling the strings I’m afraid we’ll look back when Jurgen has moved on and think “if only” 

I would tend to agree they do seem to lack ambition which is preventing us making hay while the sun shines, simultaneously they are up against a nation state and oligarchs so their ability to compete in a 'normative' fashion is really encumbered.

• Upvote 1

I just saw this interesting quote on the echo, so it’s irrational to want to strengthen the team but it’s not irrational for billionaires to furlough their staff, it’s not irrational to release 3 shirts every season at £100 each and it’s not irrational expecting the fans to buy them. It’s not irrational for fans to spend £1000s on tickets and the rest can’t get any unless they’ve already spent £1000s. It’s not irrational to charge £500 for a nike coat. It’s not irrational to raise ticket prices, it wasn’t irrational calling us customers. They make me sick. We’re nothing but mugs to them.

2CF07DA1-649A-40D8-AE35-79E4FB5B9596.jpeg

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, angie said:

I just saw this interesting quote on the echo, so it’s irrational to want to strengthen the team but it’s not irrational for billionaires to furlough their staff, it’s not irrational to release 3 shirts every season at £100 each and it’s not irrational expecting the fans to buy them. It’s not irrational for fans to spend £1000s on tickets and the rest can’t get any unless they’ve already spent £1000s. It’s not irrational to charge £500 for a nike coat. It’s not irrational to raise ticket prices, it wasn’t irrational calling us customers. They make me sick. We’re nothing but mugs to them.

Who's the quote from?

13 minutes ago, angie said:

Seems like a divide and conquer approach to rile up both sides of the fsg debate, to keep us fighting amongst ourselves and leave the focus away from the ownership. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Marko121 said:

Ok. Tithead. 

ACF3FB50-C3AD-4ED1-B622-F13FF2DFD752.gif

This argument that we don't need to replace Gini because we have Keita is really weird - I mean, we had both for a few years. What's changed? 

Also, has nobody followed Keita's Liverpool career - the idea that he's going to clock up 3000 minutes this season is delusional. 

It's okay though, we can flog young Harvey.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CapeRed said:

But would a player of that quality be prepared to come with the possibility of quite a bit of bench time?

I think they would CR, most footballers have faith in their ability to get a starting place.

Otherwise no-one would move unless Messi etc.

Think Jota is a good example of that.