You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Ok, so now comes the part where you tell me Varane is crap and won't make them better and so on? 

Did Varane used to play for Real? We still have the best CH in the world anyhow.

I genuinely had no idea United had bought him as I dont really care about all that shit. Football is just about the games for me.

3 hours ago, clockspeed said:

When we were dominant we added Barnes , Beardsley  and Houghton with Aldridge just before or after  . Best transfer window ever.

We signed Aldridge to replace Ian Rush who had left for Juventus. Aldridge was signed from Oxford United. Imagine that happening now and being the best transfer window ever.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's not a chance they'll be selling us in the next 2-3 years. John Henry might reduce his stake and step aside as he's in his 70s (as is Werner), but he'll do that across all of FSG and not just LFC. In fact this redbird investment makes us more valuable to FSG than ever. We're nowhere near the top end of the value they can rinse from us. In fact I'd say they've barely started. This ESL will have knocked them a bit, but they'll just do it smarter next time. There's streaming rights, NFT's and whatever other nonsense to monetise the game - and make no mistake, the idea of them having a European competition they are guaranteed entry to is the main objective. 

Something feels weird about this and last window though. Even for these tight cunts this is ridiculous amount of inactivity, and the news about edwards only adds fuel to the fire that there's something up.

I wonder if they really pinned their hats on the ESL.

3 hours ago, Marko121 said:

Whatever, just don't respond to anything I put then.  You asked me to explain my points, I did and you started thinking you were funny as I have a different opinion to you on this particular point.  

You've had your arse handed to you - go away 

You explained nothing.

You offered up a complaint aimed at no one in particular, and based on not one iota of evidence.

You also repeatedly fail to address the fact that we already had 2 fit centre backs at the club - 2 who helped us put a run together than meant we finished 3rd, with the best record in the land during that run.

2 center backs who, had they played earlier, would have meant Fabinho in midfield  and a better balance.

Something people were asking for long before Matip's injury and the January window opened.

To insinuate Klopp wanted to sign someone, and that this was blocked by whoever it is you think blocked it, is ridiculous, if not only for the fact that they gave him 36 mil to spend, with no outgoings, on a relative unknown, practically the minute the season ended.

You're talking about things you have no insight on, and a subject that's already been done to death on here.

It's not interesting or clever, and adds nothing to the debate.

Your turn, internet warrior.

Edited by m0e

And now we all just might as well shut up unless we have facts and an insight into the running of the club, on the moaning about FSG thread.

This after basically being asked to shut up on the transfer thread if we don't know which players in world football are "available" for transfer. 

No opinions allowed 

What is going on in here at the moment?

11 minutes ago, Moo said:

And now we all just might as well shut up unless we have facts and an insight into the running of the club, on the moaning about FSG thread.

This after basically being asked to shut up on the transfer thread if we don't know which players in world football are "available" for transfer. 

No opinions allowed 

Yes, because that's exactly what I said.

12 minutes ago, Moo said:

No opinions allowed 

42301360.jpg

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Something feels weird about this and last window though. Even for these tight cunts this is ridiculous amount of inactivity, and the news about edwards only adds fuel to the fire that there's something up.

Gearing up to sell FSG to Redbird?

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's not a chance they'll be selling us in the next 2-3 years. John Henry might reduce his stake and step aside as he's in his 70s (as is Werner), but he'll do that across all of FSG and not just LFC. In fact this redbird investment makes us more valuable to FSG than ever. We're nowhere near the top end of the value they can rinse from us. In fact I'd say they've barely started. This ESL will have knocked them a bit, but they'll just do it smarter next time. There's streaming rights, NFT's and whatever other nonsense to monetise the game - and make no mistake, the idea of them having a European competition they are guaranteed entry to is the main objective. 

A lot of good points Barrington, but they haven't been puting the money in over the last two windows. They are excellent business people - I really dislike them but I will say that because of their shrewdness, the club is in a much better place than when they took over.

Right now, the top 4 names itself and I guess that is something that they can be content with. Hell, we might win another league or European Cup.

The problem for them is that Jurgen won't always be around. The problem is that the laughing stock that is Arsenal will eventually get someone competent. Maybe, Spurs or one of the other clubs build a top team and suddenly, we become an outside bet for top 4 every season because face it Chelsea and City will always be in it, as will the Mancs.

I fail to see how they wouldn't be thinking getting out of dodge with a gigantic profit in 2-3 years isn't a shrewd move. The way the game is gone, their sensible business ways are unlikely to lead to any success in the long run and I'm sure they know that. 

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

They've been extra tight since we won number 6. They knew they could dine out on that for some time and then after winning the PL they knew they have at least a decade. They've always been tight, but winning things has allowed them to fasten the belts tighter and they've been able to hide behind covid. 

I don't see anything significant about the Edwards thing at all other than it's fucking weird for a behind the scenes bloke to be stealing headlines about not signing a contract. I wouldn't be that shocked if by Wednesday morning he's signed a new deal and he is hailed as our greatest summer signing. 

I 100% think they're shocked by the reaction  to the ESL. As I've always said about them, they're not interested in football, in this country or even the club outside its ability to create them more wealth. They're so distant, they had no idea this would be an issue. If they weren't such absent owners, perhaps they wouldn't make such massive mistakes. But as they're massive cunts who care only about their return on investment, they'll continue not to have the foggiest idea what is happening here or what the reaction there would be to their actions. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

A lot of good points Barrington, but they haven't been puting the money in over the last two windows. They are excellent business people - I really dislike them but I will say that because of their shrewdness, the club is in a much better place than when they took over.

Right now, the top 4 names itself and I guess that is something that they can be content with. Hell, we might win another league or European Cup.

The problem for them is that Jurgen won't always be around. The problem is that the laughing stock that is Arsenal will eventually get someone competent. Maybe, Spurs or one of the other clubs build a top team and suddenly, we become an outside bet for top 4 every season because face it Chelsea and City will always be in it, as will the Mancs.

I fail to see how they wouldn't be thinking getting out of dodge with a gigantic profit in 2-3 years isn't a shrewd move. The way the game is gone, their sensible business ways are unlikely to lead to any success in the long run and I'm sure they know that. 

Which is why they were so keen on the ESL. That dynamic of guaranteed income would have been a dream for them..bottom line is though they'll believe that is still there, they just need to find a new path to the gold. They know UEFA can't run without the major clubs and all the major clubs want this. It will happen, it's just a question of when. That and streaming of domestic football will double the value of the club at least. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Moo said:

No opinions allowed 

image71.png

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

We've spent 107 million in the last two summers, you can absolutely argue that's not enough, it's hard to argue that we've spent nothing though.

Really? That's your defence of them? They've made a profit this summer, about a transfer loss of 30m last year and I'm pretty sure a profit of about 30m the summer before. So we won the CL we've about broken even on transfers - perhaps we're up a minamino

38 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We've spent 107 million in the last two summers, you can absolutely argue that's not enough, it's hard to argue that we've spent nothing though.

The issue is that it's £107 million over three summers. On the back of winning the league and Champions League. £35 million each summer isn't enough to stay on top and without Klopp we'd struggle to even make the top four some years. 

7 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

It's not a defence of anyone, as I said you can absolutely say that isn't enough.

But there seems to to be this creeping mis-truth that we've done nothing with the squad which is clearly not true.

I don't think anyone disputes they will spend incoming transfer money and I've not noticed any narrative of we've signed nobody. It's constantly been it's not enough. I remember plenty of people on here who are massive FSG fan boys were saying we needed 3 minimum this summer. But the narrative after today will be about how we've done enough, how Harvey elliot will provide all the backup we need for the midfield and forward line we all know it. And bottom line is, what FSG have invested in the squad has never been enough, but since Madrid it's been a fucking piss take. 

24 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it's just a fucking tragedy that no one will look back on Klopps time here with fondness. Everyone will look back in 10 years time and just be sad about what could have been.

Utter fucking cunts

I don't think you have ever had any fondness for anything related to LFC, you wilfully joyless fun-Hoover.

12 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

What a time to be alive that was. Club was brilliantly run back then, with eyes firmly on the prizes each season without fail.

I was literally walking around like that Bart Simpson gif that summer. 

"Prizes" nice use of plural there . Did we not win the league cup, or were unbeaten in league cup fir something ridiculous  like 3 years around that time ? Maybe I am wallowing in nostalgia  here  but we definitely tried to win everything available.