You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

When we were dominant and clearly on our way to winning number 19 I said that the Mancs would get to 21 before we would because of FSG and their conservative approach.  Because of a lack of ambition geared towards long term success and the chance to dine out at the top table year on year.  Some are okay with that, some aren't.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

When we were dominant and clearly on our way to winning number 19 I said that the Mancs would get to 21 before we would because of FSG and their conservative approach.  Because of a lack of ambition geared towards long term success and the chance to dine out at the top table year on year.  Some are okay with that, some aren't.

We are only one behind at present so your forecast is not in just yet. United have bought attackers when they need defenders.

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

Has FSG's approach massively changed now we've hit 19 then?

• Downvote 2

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

We are only one behind at present so your forecast is not in just yet. United have bought attackers when they need defenders.

Oh of course it's not happened yet but I stand by what I said then. And I'm not saying it will happen this year, I don't think it will I believe Chelsea will win the league.  But I still believe it will happen for them before it does for us, it might take 2 years it might take 10.

16 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Has FSG's approach massively changed now we've hit 19 then?

Not really massive no but the competition is getting stronger and we won't have Klopp for much longer.  Even if you don't think Klopp is the be all and end all you can't believe that any other manager could have done what he has with, this version, of FSG as owners.

He is the best manager in the world and an absolute perfect fit for this club and a perfect fit for FSGs approach.  People like him don't come around very often.

(edit - and that's why we should have been making hay while the sun shines, but we're not imo)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

United have also bought one of the world's best defenders and a proven winner.

21 minutes ago, Moo said:

Agree. They'll manufacture the situation in any manner they possibly can, aided by friendly PR in the press, to avoid putting their hands in their pockets. I'm not even sure it's conservative anymore, it's just not *wanting* to spend the money.

The chance to get to 20 or 21 exists until Klopp leaves. Then it's gone for the next god-knows-how-long. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Agree. They'll manufacture the situation in any manner they possibly can, aided by friendly PR in the press, to avoid putting their hands in their pockets. I'm not even sure it's conservative anymore, it's just not *wanting* to spend the money.

The chance to get to 20 or 21 exists until Klopp leaves. Then it's gone for the next god-knows-how-long. 

They need to spend or sell, the latter seems far more likely.

2 hours ago, m0e said:

No, I don't agree

You're adding nothing of value to this forum, so wind your neck in.

Whatever, just don't respond to anything I put then.  You asked me to explain my points, I did and you started thinking you were funny as I have a different opinion to you on this particular point.  

You've had your arse handed to you - go away 

10 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

Whatever, just don't respond to anything I put then.  You asked me to explain my points, I did and you started thinking you were funny as I have a different opinion to you on this particular point.  

You've had your arse handed to you - go away 

Moe has put you in a body bag, mate.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Chris said:

They are extremely shrewd businessmen.

Take the Anfield Wrap for example. When that first started it was a bit raw, but none the less quite a truthful take on the state of the Club on field and off. As it grew and started to make money and not long before we got to the first CL final, they were still very true to their mantra, happy to call out the Club, honestly and truthfully.

Then they became super popular, and like most of the big fan podcasts and the local journals, were swept up by the Club. This is what our owners have done well. They've recognised the power of the fans, and these platforms are a great soundboard for it as is the local press.

All of a sudden, your Anfield Wraps and Redmen tvs are getting access to players, Jurgen, partnering with Nike, painting murals of players. But they are no longer showing the raw edge that once made them popular. They've steered clear of any harsh criticism of the Club. Anything controversial has been spoken of, but mildly.

Thats why I don't subscribe to any of those outputs, they are just circle jerks now for the Club. Your boss nights etc and they are making good dosh and keeping themselves relevant with links and access to the Club.

They've mostly quelled any of the main voices who would probably speak out. Even the super league debacle has been brushed away.

• Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Moe has put you in a body bag, mate.

How ? We all have opinions, mine differs from his/hers - tells me I add nothing when he/she posts this:

“Wow. Fascinating stuff.

So, what now?”

Which adds nothing to the debate- so why bother. Mind how you go mate. Good luck 

As long as we have Jurgen and United have Ole, we are more likely to get to 21 first. The fly in the omelette is that Chelsea and City are also excellent sides, so while I fancy us to win another league under Jurgen, I don't know if we could win two in the next three years. I will say that the Mancs have a really good squad so once they get a top manager, they won't be too far off.

FSG know that barring a disaster (like last year could have been), they are pretty much guaranteed top 4. They are in the Champions League money train and hey, they have the best manager in the world who could win us number 20 or number 7 at any point, which keeps the wolves at bay. They look at the academy and without sounding like I write for the Echo, Elliott is already a top class player imo and Jones and Kelleher have shown they have a lot of promise.While that's brilliant, it gives them credence to spend fuck all.

My gut feeling is that they will sell us in the next 2-3 years. They got the perfect manager in Jurgen and nobody else in world football can do what he can with their limitations. They know that. I hope they do sell us because unless we get very lucky and have a few more Elliotts coming through, we could be in the state of Arsenal right now. To be fair to them, at least they spend money.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

How ? We all have opinions, mine differs from his/hers - tells me I add nothing when he/she posts this:

“Wow. Fascinating stuff.

So, what now?”

Which adds nothing to the debate- so why bother. Mind how you go mate. Good luck 

Body. Bag.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I'm more worried about City getting to 21 before us.

Quite.

I don't like the idea of any other club getting to 21 first but my main concern is us and what we do, which is not geared towards long term success and making the most of Klopp's legacy. 

I think the only chance of us getting to 21 anytime soon is for Klopp to sign on with us for a good few more years.  But I don't think he'll want to stick around to rebuild the team under the same constraints. It must be fucking exhausting.

Wishful thinking and total pie in the sky but maybe they're squirreling the cash away now so Klopp can stay on and have a massive splurge in 2-3 years. I know that's a ridiculously unlikely scenario but I think it's the only chance we have of staying competitive and I'd compromise success in the next couple if years to get another 4-5 years out of Klopp.

(I really shouldn't give FSG ideas for the next round of "this time next year" stories)

39 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

As long as we have Jurgen and United have Ole, we are more likely to get to 21 first. The fly in the omelette is that Chelsea and City are also excellent sides, so while I fancy us to win another league under Jurgen, I don't know if we could win two in the next three years. I will say that the Mancs have a really good squad so once they get a top manager, they won't be too far off.

FSG know that barring a disaster (like last year could have been), they are pretty much guaranteed top 4. They are in the Champions League money train and hey, they have the best manager in the world who could win us number 20 or number 7 at any point, which keeps the wolves at bay. They look at the academy and without sounding like I write for the Echo, Elliott is already a top class player imo and Jones and Kelleher have shown they have a lot of promise.While that's brilliant, it gives them credence to spend fuck all.

My gut feeling is that they will sell us in the next 2-3 years. They got the perfect manager in Jurgen and nobody else in world football can do what he can with their limitations. They know that. I hope they do sell us because unless we get very lucky and have a few more Elliotts coming through, we could be in the state of Arsenal right now. To be fair to them, at least they spend money.

There's not a chance they'll be selling us in the next 2-3 years. John Henry might reduce his stake and step aside as he's in his 70s (as is Werner), but he'll do that across all of FSG and not just LFC. In fact this redbird investment makes us more valuable to FSG than ever. We're nowhere near the top end of the value they can rinse from us. In fact I'd say they've barely started. This ESL will have knocked them a bit, but they'll just do it smarter next time. There's streaming rights, NFT's and whatever other nonsense to monetise the game - and make no mistake, the idea of them having a European competition they are guaranteed entry to is the main objective. 

• Upvote 2

If they don't sign an attacker before the end of the window, especially now that Bobby will be out for at least a month (perhaps more if its a bad hammy injury) AND the fact that he was shite before getting injured, then there needs to be protests.

I'm sure some fannies will take offense to that very suggestion but the owners won't give a fuck unless we actually start being vocal, and we can't rely on shill journos or pals at the anfield wrap to do that for us.