You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I am a bit nervous at the lack of incoming this transfer window. I would have liked to see another Jota-level (and similar age) forward to replace Origi and keep our forward line fresh.

Me too that’s is why the Jota signing kept the fans off their back initially until the defender chaos occurred. We should have got someone in as you say. The ideal signing would be a top AM who can also play wide. 

19 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

My point is, we didn't have time to play the long game - We needed to react quickly.  We didn't, I can't see that being on Klopp given the position we were in, even if that is his preferred way.

Wow. Fascinating stuff.

So, what now?

People always cite Van Dijk when they want to suggest Klopp will always wait for the right man.  They exclude the times he moved on from a first choice to bringing in someone different.  Even Kabak, clearly not someone we preferred long term, but still could have been brought in sooner so we didn't struggle on for another 4 weeks.

It's just constant excuses for FSG and their own brand of cheap, American shite.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Credit to Swiss Ramble

Wages, it would be nice to have a better breakdown. 

I wonder if this figure was broken down further it would look like we have about 700 admin and match day staff on about three grand a week each?

1 hour ago, Marko121 said:

And I answered - but do you disagree that a manager would wan to buy a quality CB in the situation we were in? and if that is the case, who is it on that we didn't 

Wanting and getting are 2 different things. Klopp wants a specific type of CB. Maybe the one he wanted wasn't available?

10 minutes ago, Moo said:

Wages, it would be nice to have a better breakdown. 

I wonder if this figure was broken down further it would look like we have about 700 admin and match day staff on about three grand a week each?

Breakdown of full time staff is about

Administrative, Commercial and Other - 620

Players Manager and Coaches - 203

Ground and Maintenance - 57

Wage value isn't split by group unfortunately.

There's an additional 1,955 (on average) temporary matchday staff 

42 minutes ago, Moo said:

People always cite Van Dijk when they want to suggest Klopp will always wait for the right man.  They exclude the times he moved on from a first choice to bringing in someone different.  Even Kabak, clearly not someone we preferred long term, but still could have been brought in sooner so we didn't struggle on for another 4 weeks.

It's just constant excuses for FSG and their own brand of cheap, American shite.

He waited on Keita for a year, didn't he?

He's also gone in record to say he wouldn't buy players who potentially block the pathway for younger players, and proved it with Trent, Kellher, and now Jones and Elliott.

You say Kabak could have got in sooner. What is this based on? Nothing, that's what.

He played Fabinho at centre back for 4 months when he had Phillips and Williams already on the squad, so where is the moaning about that?

That's fact. Everything else is assumption based nothingness.

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Credit to Swiss Ramble

I'm obviously missing something here because I can't see how, in the year (2020) when the stadium was, for the majority of the year, either closed or open with severe restrictions, our matchday day income for this period only dropped by 16% from 2019, while our average league attendance rose!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Breakdown of full time staff is about

Administrative, Commercial and Other - 620

Players Manager and Coaches - 203

Ground and Maintenance - 57

Wage value isn't split by group unfortunately.

There's an additional 1,955 (on average) temporary matchday staff 

Only 2 of that staff work in the ticket office but Sheila can’t work Wednesday & Saturday as she has the grandkids 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Whenever people say that we need a local owner who loves the club, I always think of Moores and Kenwright.

Personally, I want the people in charge of the money at the club to be detached from the football side and to just do their job, provided that (a) they are prepared to invest in success, because they see that as a way to make profits; and (b) they don't alienate the fans, because they recognise the matchday atmosphere as an important part of the value of the brand.

We're a club with a pretty fine history, the envy of just about everyone. Most of that was done on the watch of local owners. Even Moores as much as you want to knock him was on the watch when we lifted the big ears amongst others. 

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Mane, Salah, kostas, Jota, Robertson are some I can think of off the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, Moo said:

We've been told we've been waiting for the 'right attacker' for 5 transfer windows now. It's absolute bollocks. We've needed to buy one since Sturridge left. Origi contributed during the CL/PL winning years but he barely played - we relied on the front 3 being fit and on form for nearly every game, and they were.

So the whole narrative of waiting for the right man can fuck right off. As can the incessant BS articles from the well linked journos saying we're looking at Mbappe, Sancho, Haaland esque signings 'next summer'. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

We've been told we've been waiting for the 'right attacker' for 5 transfer windows now. It's absolute bollocks. We've needed to buy one since Sturridge left. Origi contributed during the CL/PL winning years but he barely played - we relied on the front 3 being fit and on form for nearly every game, and they were.

So the whole narrative of waiting for the right man can fuck right off. As can the incessant BS articles from the well linked journos saying we're looking at Mbappe, Sancho, Haaland esque signings 'next summer'. 

We signed Jota

People will guffaw at the idea but the fanbase need to start being vocal about these stingy yank cunts leading us down a path to nowhere. Sustainable investment is the bare minimum for any owner, i have no idea why people have accepted this 'sell to buy' model as the panacea of ownership. 

Nobody is asking for 100m positive net spends every season, but zero investment is a fucking joke when they're sitting on an asset that his multiplied 10x in value since they bought it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

We signed Jota

Agreed, I see him as the replacement for Sturridge (that came about 2 years late). We signed Jota with the assumption that Shaqiri and Origi were going to be of use.

Shaqiri has gone and Origi has obviously not been in Klopps plans since 2019. We were lucky the former was useful last year (he is normally blighted by injuries, but played a handful of games) and the latter is so shite that we can't get rid of him.

We've needed another attacker (in addition to Jota) since 2019, but the drop off for Bobby and Mane last year means its absolutely the minimum requirement for 2021. If we wait a year we are basically writing off large parts of this season, again.

6 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

People will guffaw at the idea but the fanbase need to start being vocal about these stingy yank cunts leading us down a path to nowhere. Sustainable investment is the bare minimum for any owner, i have no idea why people have accepted this 'sell to buy' model as the panacea of ownership. 

Chelsea fans must be equally livid this summer, at the moment I think they've turned a profit.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Chelsea fans must be equally livid this summer, at the moment I think they've turned a profit.

False equivalence, turning a profit should always be a goal but not a limiting factor. I don't think Chelsea fans give a flying fuck if their club makes a loss or a profit as long as the on-the-field needs are met.

There's obviously a sense of reason within that viewpoint (e.g. ideally I'd want us to buy a midfielder and an attacker, but I understand that would be difficult due to finances), but that only stretches so far. 

The question is, do you want our club to be competitive or not? If the answer is yes then we need to be more demanding in what we expect our owners to do for us. We're boxing with oil barrens, we're never going to be able to match them pound-for-penny but we certainly need to have owners who are willing to invest the bare fucking minimum to allow us to compete.

Results would suggest we have exactly that.

Let's be honest there's very little nuance in the 'sell to buy is bad' argument and very little acknowledgement is given to the fact that most clubs have to do it in some form or the other.

As I've said elsewhere there's a limit to the amount of direct investment owners can make to supplement transfers and wages because it runs contrary to FFP/P&S so funds have to be freed up within the clubs own resources.

They could absolutely take loans out in the clubs name to fund them but that approach makes me uneasy.

• Downvote 1