You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

I think he's in the conversation amongst a few other players (which is why I said arguably, imagine there's strong support for De Light).

Personally I think Bayern bought the wrong centre back when they signed Upamecano, though I doubt they'll have any regrets with what they end up with.

Think France are doing ok for centre backs for the next decade or so.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I think Buendia will turn out to be very good...would have loved to have seen us sign him.

They could all turn out to be very good, it's not really a comment on the quality of the players more the grass is always greener nature of fans.

All businesses need investment at certain times to further growth. It would be a shame and it appears counter productive if FSG stuck to the self-financing sell to buy model they appear to follow, it's ultimately dogmatic. We've put ourselves over the last few years due to the astounding work of Klopp and Edwards in a real position of strength and a genuine European force again but given the relaxation of FFP it just feels deeply flawed to count on Klopp to keep us afloat and risk us slipping back into the pack again.

• Upvote 1

While FFP has been relaxed the domestic 'Profit and Sustainability' rules are still in force (only the STCC portion requiring any club spending more than 67 million on wages to to increase the wage bill by no more than 7 million on the previous season, or 19 million on the 2012/13 season, has been removed) pre-covid it limited a clubs losses to 105 million over a three year period although there has been a covid concession that now takes into account an average of 19/20 and 20/21 season plus losses in 17/18 and 18/19.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Love a bit of recency bias.

I doubt people would have been dancing in the streets if we'd have signed any of Romero, Buendia, Baily, Ings, Soumare or Daka.

The celebration was muted enough signing, arguably, the best young centre back in the world...unless it was drowned out by all the trainee doctors discussing his medical history.

Especially if we'd sold our best player to finance those signings. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

While FFP has been relaxed the domestic 'Profit and Sustainability' rules are still in force (only the STCC portion requiring any club spending more than 67 million on wages to to increase the wage bill by no more than 7 million on the previous season, or 19 million on the 2012/13 season, has been removed) pre-covid it limited a clubs losses to 105 million over a three year period although there has been a covid concession that now takes into account an average of 19/20 and 20/21 season plus losses in 17/18 and 18/19.

Welcome to the LIVERPOOL way John Henry.

Only joshing mate. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What side of the fence are we on today? Cunts or good businessman keeping the club competitive?

For me, they're good businessmen and I don't want an oil regime so I wish FSG would improve, be less cheap, and be better custodians of the football club.

• Upvote 1

Gini Wijnaldum – PSG – End of contract
Harry Wilson – Fulham – £12m
Marko Grujic – Porto – £10.5m
Taiwo Awoniyi – Union Berlin – £6.5m
Kamil Grabara – Copenhagen – £3m
Liam Millar – Basel – £1.3m

Yasser Laroici - Troyes - £250,000

Danny Ings - Sell on fee - £2m 

Received: £35.55m

At least it almost covers the Konate fee.