You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

3 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

We've been up for sale for a couple of years that is pretty obvious. No investment in the team but the bare minimum to keep us in europe. The stadium expansion is a bit like the unicorn at the docks. Maybe they'll commit to it, maybe they won't. Amortisation of player outstandings looks good on paper. 

Commiting any of their own money that will never happen. They could have done it under regulations of the ffp with no punishment for it. Instead they gave us a loan albeit a cheap one considering. But still a loan. They will do it again if they go ahead with the expansion.

Minimum investment to keep us in Europe is what will happen from now and until they are gone. Selfsustainement is absolutely fine, and if there is no money to purchase players for then we clearly are doing something wrong. Half the premier league keeps outspending us despite no European football. 

They are clearly looking for a sheikh or whatever to either take a big portion of the shares in the club, or take the whole damn thing. That other investment was in the main company and had nothing to do with the club exept as part of the umbrella. 

But as long as they keep adding value to the club they are happy. They don't give a shit about LFC. Never have and never will. Pure business, and they are very good at it.

They're not even good at business. Well not with us anyway. Fucking idiots full stop

22 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

We've been up for sale for a couple of years that is pretty obvious. No investment in the team but the bare minimum to keep us in europe. The stadium expansion is a bit like the unicorn at the docks. Maybe they'll commit to it, maybe they won't. Amortisation of player outstandings looks good on paper. 

Commiting any of their own money that will never happen. They could have done it under regulations of the ffp with no punishment for it. Instead they gave us a loan albeit a cheap one considering. But still a loan. They will do it again if they go ahead with the expansion.

Minimum investment to keep us in Europe is what will happen from now and until they are gone. Selfsustainement is absolutely fine, and if there is no money to purchase players for then we clearly are doing something wrong. Half the premier league keeps outspending us despite no European football. 

They are clearly looking for a sheikh or whatever to either take a big portion of the shares in the club, or take the whole damn thing. That other investment was in the main company and had nothing to do with the club exept as part of the umbrella. 

But as long as they keep adding value to the club they are happy. They don't give a shit about LFC. Never have and never will. Pure business, and they are very good at it.

They will never get the price they want for the club, no sheik will come in. They need to look at their ownership of the club like the clubs ownership of Origi. Gonna be here a while because nobody is going to pay.

They are shite I've told yas time and time again.

They are trying to run a business through a football club. You will never make sustained success on the field like that.

My company is also owned by a massive hedge fund conglomerate with multiple investors. We are making money but our products are half assed because they don't invest in people, training and proper process, they are looking to save everywhere they can and to do the bare minimum which has resulted in massive churn.

14 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

They are shite I've told yas time and time again.

They are trying to run a business through a football club. You will never make sustained success on the field like that.

My company is also owned by a massive hedge fund conglomerate with multiple investors. We are making money but our products are half assed because they don't invest in people, training and proper process, they are looking to save everywhere they can and to do the bare minimum which has resulted in massive churn.

Sorry, that just reads like office bullshit bingo. I'm not even sure the point it makes.

People = Re-doing 50% of the ground. Don't know about you, but most supporters have pretty happy with on-field performances since Klopp took over.

Training = Massively updated training facilities.

Proper Process = No idea what this means. Buying low and selling high?

Churn = Keeping our best players, selling the ones we don't want.

Save everywhere they can and to do the bare minimum = As per the Churn point. Pay large fees and contracts to some of the worlds best players, look to move on those we don't want.

I get why supporters a frustrated. It's even disheartening to see Chelsea, the mancs & Citeh spunking cash everywhere, but we've been told this is the scenario all along, so whats wrong with evaluating where we are at the end of the window?

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Sorry, that just reads like office bullshit bingo. I'm not even sure the point it makes.

People = Re-doing 50% of the ground. Don't know about you, but most supporters have pretty happy with on-field performances since Klopp took over.

Training = Massively updated training facilities.

Proper Process = No idea what this means. Buying low and selling high?

Churn = Keeping our best players, selling the ones we don't want.

Save everywhere they can and to do the bare minimum = As per the Churn point. Pay large fees and contracts to some of the worlds best players, look to move on those we don't want.

I get why supporters a frustrated. It's even disheartening to see Chelsea, the mancs & Citeh spunking cash everywhere, but we've been told this is the scenario all along, so whats wrong with evaluating where we are at the end of the window?

Nah you misread my post completely, I wasn't making a like for like comparison at all. I pointed out all the problems my company is having as a direct result of doing the bare minimum to keep the Investors profit margin healthy.

My company are succeeding but to the detriment of the product we are producing and our employees, which will come back to bite them on the arse at some point but for which they arnt worried about because they will be long gone by then when they've achieved their profit target.

Its the same with FSG, the training ground and stadium (which by the way they've laboured over) only benefits them in the long run first AND they fucking used the Clubs money to pay for it which should have been reinvested into the playing squad. They should have paid for that themselves as they will benefit from it when they make a sale.

We keep our best players first and foremost so if we decide to sell we can get a premium. Signing up those players this summer is a no brainer anyway, I'd expect a big club to keep its best players around. They obviously didn't see Gini in that bracket so allowed him to run his contract down.

Id also point out that our big players haven't moved yet but if we have a shit season again they will want to go next year. Maybe FSG see it as a win/win, if we do shit they can flog with justification and try a rebuild.

FSG would like to win the league its not a priority for them -  just like Arsenals owners under Wenger they are more than happy for us just to keep getting top 4 and into the knockout stages of the champions league once that money is coming in its all fine for them.

Klopp doing a miracle last season has actually worked against him. 

2 minutes ago, Mark M said:

FSG would like to win the league its not a priority for them -  just like Arsenals owners under Wenger they are more than happy for us just to keep getting top 4 and into the knockout stages of the champions league once that money is coming in its all fine for them.

Klopp doing a miracle last season has actually worked against him. 

Why are they happy to just keep us in 4th when no one have proven they've taken any money out of the club and like Americans, dont like coming second? Henry wouldnt even shake the Kings hand when we lost the Cup Final to chelsea.

The value of the club has increased significantly but that isnt realised until the club is sold. Then you have Klopp and the players, people seriously think they are happy to stay at the club if the owners just want to finish 4th? These are the manager and players who spoke against the club joining the Euro League which the principal owner wanted to do.

I just dont get this. The argument doesnt hold water.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Why are they happy to just keep us in 4th when no one have proven they've taken any money out of the club and like Americans, dont like coming second? Henry wouldnt even shake the Kings hand when we lost the Cup Final to chelsea.

The value of the club has increased significantly but that isnt realised until the club is sold. Then you have Klopp and the players, people seriously think they are happy to stay at the club if the owners just want to finish 4th? These are the manager and players who spoke against the club joining the Euro League which the principal owner wanted to do.

I just dont get this. The argument doesnt hold water.

We had a chance to win the league last season - We had a January transfer window to sign a decent CB and challenge for the title. 

They made a calculated decision to get in some nobody and a cheap stop gap from Germany and we barely got champions league football.

Imo if thats City - Utd - Chelsea in the same situation as we were they'd spend the money in January and make a go of winning the league.

they also waited till the end of the January window to do that and only reacted based on the injury to Matip. 

5 minutes ago, Mark M said:

We had a chance to win the league last season - We had a January transfer window to sign a decent CB and challenge for the title. 

They made a calculated decision to get in some nobody and a cheap stop gap from Germany and we barely got champions league football.

Imo if thats City - Utd - Chelsea in the same situation as we were they'd spend the money in January and make a go of winning the league.

they also waited till the end of the January window to do that and only reacted based on the injury to Matip. 

So you think we would have been able to sign not one but 2 centre backs of quality equal to van Dijk, Matip and Gomez? I think even city and chelsea would struggle in a January window to sign such quality for all their wealth. But that's just my opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

So you think we would have been able to sign not one but 2 centre backs of quality equal to van Dijk, Matip and Gomez? I think even city and chelsea would struggle in a January window to sign such quality for all their wealth. But that's just my opinion.

Defending that January window is a new low for you

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Also I wouldn't call it frustrating more like maddening. We worked our way to the pinnacle with one of the most unique managers in history and we've seemingly sat on our hands.

Lets hope Jurgen can create a miracle again.

Klopp is the reason there isn't much pressure on the owners. 

The best manager in the world + Europa league budget = winning the league and the European cup. If we had a "normal" manager we'd be consistently about 6th/7th. 

Sadly, the club is now worth about six or seven (maybe more) times more than it was when they bought it, significantly reducing the quantity of people who could buy it.

They're just not arsed. They do the absolute minimum to give the best manager in the business a chance of competing. They know he could get 4th reasonably regularly with Brighton's squad. 

• Upvote 5

I can't see them looking to sell.  Maybe sell a share of the club, but the value at present is too high for anyone to purchase it outright. Maybe, once Klopp goes, if we drop off then that might change, but even then if they can get in the right replacement for a top four finish each season that'll be enough.

19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I can't see them looking to sell.  Maybe sell a share of the club, but the value at present is too high for anyone to purchase it outright. Maybe, once Klopp goes, if we drop off then that might change, but even then if they can get in the right replacement for a top four finish each season that'll be enough.

Ah the Arsenal model under Wenger . That worked out well especially after he was hounded out .

I just don't think you can set up a club like Liverpool ,or Arse for that matter, to compete for minor places in the league ,with maybe a few domestic cups, and make it sustainable. The history and dynamics are all about competing to win the top honours. Klopp has shown that is possible at Anfield without out-spending our main rivals but the lesson seems to be lost on the tight-arses at FSG.  We need investment in new players . 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Are you for fucking real? No one is asking for parity with Van Dijk. I shit you not some of you on

on here... Its always feast or famine.

"no point in buying a forward as our front three are so good" they said for about two years then we got Jota and proved how stupid that was.

Ridiculous outlook.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Klopp is the reason there isn't much pressure on the owners. 

The best manager in the world + Europa league budget = winning the league and the European cup. If we had a "normal" manager we'd be consistently about 6th/7th. 

Sadly, the club is now worth about six or seven (maybe more) times more than it was when they bought it, significantly reducing the quantity of people who could buy it.

They're just not arsed. They do the absolute minimum to give the best manager in the business a chance of competing. They know he could get 4th reasonably regularly with Brighton's squad. 

Absolutely 100 percent this. As I've said before he's the golden goose that makes this work. Without him FSG are sunk.

The club was a mess before Jurgen arrived.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

"Liverpool not interested in Messi due to the incredible effort from Ben Woodburn in training". Jurgen klopp is impressed with the Welshman's development 

source @JamesPearceLFC

How not signing Messi will save Liverpool millions. 

35 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

"Liverpool not interested in Messi due to the incredible effort from Ben Woodburn in training". Jurgen klopp is impressed with the Welshman's development 

source @JamesPearceLFC

Echo to follow it up with "Woodburn could save Liverpool the Messi millions"