You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

2 hours ago, index1000 said:

Scratch the previous comment Not all of us, i would wager a pound to a pinch of Rainbow unicorn shit that you would prefer the club to fail rather than succeed with FSG in charge

I wouldn’t. They’ve annoyed me by following the same path they done with the Red Sox. Get them back on the top of the tree after years in the doldrums then let them slide after under investment. 

I don’t understand why they bring it on themselves. 

18 minutes ago, Red74 said:

They’ve annoyed me by following the same path they done with the Red Sox. Get them back on the top of the tree after years in the doldrums then let them slide after under investment. 

This would be a great post if they hadn't have won it 4 times in the last 15 years

{EDIT 17 ya fackin pedants!} 

- which as I am sure you know makes them by far the dominant team during that era. Giants would be a not so close 2nd. But you know that.

And of course nearly 100 years is a little different to 30. But you know that.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

This would be a great post if they hadn't have won it 4 times in the last 15 years

{EDIT 17 ya fackin pedants!} 

- which as I am sure you know makes them by far the dominant team during that era. Giants would be a not so close 2nd. But you know that.

And of course nearly 100 years is a little different to 30. But you know that.

With proper investment we’d be doing 4 in 5 years with this manager

37 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I wouldn’t. They’ve annoyed me by following the same path they done with the Red Sox. Get them back on the top of the tree after years in the doldrums then let them slide after under investment. 

I don’t understand why they bring it on themselves. 

Isn't it great to comment confidently about stuff you know nothing about?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Buy somebody, you cunts.

They did give the tea lady back her job.

Not furloughing all those backroom heavy-hitters last year must have cost them a fortune - they're skint don't you know.

Apparently, the canteen chef does a mean pork sausage - losing him to, say, Brentford in the big smoke would have been a disaster.

And giving our social media girl a 10-quid a week rise to keep her here for another 6 months is like a new signing.

I'm a little confused by the FSG stance on transfers. We were European & Premier league champions. The perfect time to strengthen & attract the best quality players. We seem to be standing still whilst our rivals strengthen. Our core is aging and Jurgen has a few years left on his contract.  

Surely such savvy business men realise you have to spend money to make money? COVID affected everyone not just us (I know City are a different proposition) but United have found funds to strengthen and they are in a more perilous financial situation than we are (I believe).  So what is holding them back?  I don't want to call them cunts (yet) but once fans get back onto the grounds I can see it getting ugly for them. They were lucky last year no fan in grounds meant no protests. Not sure they'll be so lucky this time if things go to shit. 

Come on John open your fucking wallet and splash the cash. How many fucking boats do you need?

38 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm a little confused by the FSG stance on transfers. We were European & Premier league champions. The perfect time to strengthen & attract the best quality players. We seem to be standing still whilst our rivals strengthen. Our core is aging and Jurgen has a few years left on his contract.  

Surely such savvy business men realise you have to spend money to make money? COVID affected everyone not just us (I know City are a different proposition) but United have found funds to strengthen and they are in a more perilous financial situation than we are (I believe).  So what is holding them back?  I don't want to call them cunts (yet) but once fans get back onto the grounds I can see it getting ugly for them. They were lucky last year no fan in grounds meant no protests. Not sure they'll be so lucky this time if things go to shit. 

Come on John open your fucking wallet and splash the cash. How many fucking boats do you need?

We've been up for sale for a couple of years that is pretty obvious. No investment in the team but the bare minimum to keep us in europe. The stadium expansion is a bit like the unicorn at the docks. Maybe they'll commit to it, maybe they won't. Amortisation of player outstandings looks good on paper. 

Commiting any of their own money that will never happen. They could have done it under regulations of the ffp with no punishment for it. Instead they gave us a loan albeit a cheap one considering. But still a loan. They will do it again if they go ahead with the expansion.

Minimum investment to keep us in Europe is what will happen from now and until they are gone. Selfsustainement is absolutely fine, and if there is no money to purchase players for then we clearly are doing something wrong. Half the premier league keeps outspending us despite no European football. 

They are clearly looking for a sheikh or whatever to either take a big portion of the shares in the club, or take the whole damn thing. That other investment was in the main company and had nothing to do with the club exept as part of the umbrella. 

But as long as they keep adding value to the club they are happy. They don't give a shit about LFC. Never have and never will. Pure business, and they are very good at it.

• Upvote 1