You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

We broke the British transfer record buying The King.  

Did I give a fuck about the finances at the time?

Admittedly, I was 10.

But I really haven't changed.

I don't give a fuck about the money, how much money we have or how much money other clubs have.

I just want good players here.

That used to happen with greater regularity in the old days.

Now, what has changed is the notion and "value" of money.

In other words greed.

Keegan left here for a challenge, not for money.

Compare Gini.

He could not earn a cent for the rest of his life and still be insanely insanely comfortable.

He goes to, what, second richest club on earth?

For the challenge?  Challenge, my arse.

Now to FSG.

They're just like anyone else.  Just like Emirati owners truth be known.

And they're just like many many many companies who last year sacked people (believe me, I know personally) during a worldwide humanitarian crisis, not to fucking make ends meet, but to maintain a 20% profit margin.

Cunts sacked people last year and took home Christmas bonuses. Christmas fucking bonuses.

Our lot FSG wanted taxpayers to foot the bill for stood-down tea ladies.

Greed.

Is all, ladies and gentlemen.

That's the big difference between now and then - rather than them and us.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Not sure what your issue is in understanding the difference between clear figures and a theory. 

All I have shown is that our like for like operating costs are 40 million higher. 

This excludes transfers and depreciation. 

These costs may include agent fees but arsenal spent considerably more on players in the period so would think their agent fees would be similar or higher to ours. 

Everything else you have written is not applicable. These costs I have highlighted exclude everything else you are talking about and I have made that quite clear several times now you are just being obtuse. 

I bet you eat Mini Milk lolly ices.

21 hours ago, aRdja said:

But that $100m profit would exclude any cash movements that has no P&L impact e.g., cash instalments from purchases made in prior years, or cash outgoings from transfers in the current year. The reason accrual basis accounting where player costs get recognised over of the life of the contract is to show the fairest representation of financial performance of the current year, so that it couldn’t be manipulated with various payment terms. All the previous results yourself have mentioned in this thread refer to P&L statements, and as Daisy showed player amortisation is one of the largest costs. To now dismiss it as irrelevant would be at best misguided or at worst disingenuous IMO, 

Honestly, I can't be arsed discussing this any more. It's a 10 year ongoing discussion and nothing in our figures make sense, which is part of my point. I think everyone is being conned by them and we're miles from skint. I could pick all kinds of holes in what you've typed there, but we're just going around in circles. 

I'll be disappointed if we don't add a top quality player or two by the end of the window. 

The mood music was similar last summer before Thiago was announced late and Jota came of out absolutely nowhere. 

Arguments for both positions of course, but I'd take a midfielder over an attacker if it's only one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I'll be disappointed if we don't add a top quality player or two by the end of the window. 

The mood music was similar last summer before Thiago was announced late and Jota came of out absolutely nowhere. 

Arguments for both positions of course, but I'd take a midfielder over an attacker if it's only one. 

I'd take an attacker first and foremost, but I suppose it would depend on the quality of the options, and I also see where you're coming from.

• Like 1

No idea about the figures and what we should or shouldn't be spending but I suppose my main gripe with them is that when they sell us, they are going to make an absolute fortune so I think in the meantime they should increase the transfer pot a bit, at least for the odd massive talent. But they are business men and they run us as a business so that's not going to happen unfortunately. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Honestly, I can't be arsed discussing this any more. It's a 10 year ongoing discussion and nothing in our figures make sense, which is part of my point. I think everyone is being conned by them and we're miles from skint. I could pick all kinds of holes in what you've typed there, but we're just going around in circles. 

I will probably regret asking this but who do you want as owners? 

What is the requirement.

Just now, index1000 said:

I will probably regret asking this but who do you want as owners? 

What is the requirement.

I want owners who prioritise the sport before profit. I realise that it would be pretty unlikely to find that type of owner now we're worth $3bn, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't expect them to do that. These owners choose greed before absolutely everything and have done throughout their time here. Each time they get caught out, all of our fans who want to believe the best of them give it "they'll learn from this", but they never do, because they're greedy cunts who are here to squeeze every last cent out of us. I don't expect new owners because I don't think they'll sell for anything less than about 30% above  the value of the business. But it doesn't mean they should get a free ride and not challenged at every turn. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

No idea about the figures and what we should or shouldn't be spending but I suppose my main gripe with them is that when they sell us, they are going to make an absolute fortune so I think in the meantime they should increase the transfer pot a bit, at least for the odd massive talent. But they are business men and they run us as a business so that's not going to happen unfortunately. 

24 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

Sorry for the double post there but this is the thing that gets me. How is it bad that we are being run as a solvent successful business? Do you want the opposite? Chancers who want to flip the club for a quick buck? Russian Roulette owner who doesn't care if we go down in flames like the cunts who took over Bolton, Blackburn and Sunderland. 

The twat at Newcastle? Or a fucking disgusting Slave supporting 'look at us we're good guys really' Qatari/Emirate/Arabla .

Be careful what you moan for

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I want owners who prioritise the sport before profit. I realise that it would be pretty unlikely to find that type of owner now we're worth $3bn, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't expect them to do that. These owners choose greed before absolutely everything and have done throughout their time here. Each time they get caught out, all of our fans who want to believe the best of them give it "they'll learn from this", but they never do, because they're greedy cunts who are here to squeeze every last cent out of us. I don't expect new owners because I don't think they'll sell for anything less than about 30% above  the value of the business. But it doesn't mean they should get a free ride and not challenged at every turn. 

What fucking bollocks. So you are moaning for the fucking sake of it. You want owners who don't exist. Boo HOO they make a Profit Boo Hoo trying to maximise returns.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

FSG but FSG adding a bit more cash now and then when it's needed. We have plenty of quiet windows we should have some big ones too if it calls for it. I know it is a business but first more than anything  it's elite level sport and we are an elite level club if you just want a business to keep your cash safe and hopefully make interest then fuck off and buy the post office or something, you buy one of the most famous football clubs in the most watched league in the world you've entered a different kind of business at the very least don't blow smoke up our arses. We should be able to sign players without the constant analysing. We don't need to make the books balance every transfer window (FFP doesn't require that). If we signed an 80 million pound player tomorrow half our fans would be shitting about the financial impact rather than the improvement to the team. 

As anti FSG as this sounds I really am not, they're good owners who have done a superb job by at last employing the right people but first and foremost we are a footballing institution and these days it feels like the most important thing to fans is the owners money being safe and risk averse to loss. You own LFC don't stand idle while others improve, seek to be the best  there is no reason  Liverpools revenues can't go on to match uniteds but that will only come with prolonged success not a flash in the pan and then its job done for another 30 years.

I am pro fsg but I'm gutted at the thought we are making Klopps job harder than it needs to be and we won't make the most of his last few years here, he's not going to build another team, we need to evolve it while he's here, so the next person doesn't have to do what we've done for the last 30 years before him. The post sounds panicky but I'm not I'm chill I just want us to do a bit more and not look back with regret like last January for example, doing the minimum we could get away with cost us a title challenge in my opinion.

So after all that bollocks. FSG are good owners I just want us to be billy big bollocks now and then because we are Liverpool a giant and I am a cake and eat it type of person.

Plus the window is still open for a while and I'm fairly certain we will do business.

• Upvote 8

31 minutes ago, index1000 said:

Sorry for the double post there but this is the thing that gets me. How is it bad that we are being run as a solvent successful business? Do you want the opposite? Chancers who want to flip the club for a quick buck? Russian Roulette owner who doesn't care if we go down in flames like the cunts who took over Bolton, Blackburn and Sunderland. 

The twat at Newcastle? Or a fucking disgusting Slave supporting 'look at us we're good guys really' Qatari/Emirate/Arabla .

Be careful what you moan for

Not at all. I don't want some Man City or Chelsea situation where we ridiculous sums every summer, but I think there's some wiggle room with regards to our transfer spend. 

I'm happy with a lot of what they've done. The revenues are obviously much better and they finally got the management side of things right when they brought Jurgen in, so I'm not someone who is anti-fsg.

Take January for instance. If we had spent what needed to be spent and got our centre backs in early then the end of the season may have been a lot less dicey. 

56 minutes ago, index1000 said:

What fucking bollocks. So you are moaning for the fucking sake of it. You want owners who don't exist. Boo HOO they make a Profit Boo Hoo trying to maximise returns.

Exactly. It's always the owners should put money into the club or the new thing, take a loan so it can buy players. Why, if the owner's position is all clubs should spend what they earn, should they put extra money into the club making them hypocrites to what they say to city, chelsea and any others who do that?

People dont seem to realise if they put money into the club it means they will take it out at some point. Yeah, we know the usual say they are but they havent proven anything.

As for taking loans out to buy like arsenal and spurs are reported to have done, that's just loading debt on the club. Again, debt to be repaid.

It's the same with this shout of 'I dont expect the club to be buying £60m - £70m players' but then the same people say what's the point of us buying £30m - £40m players when city and chelsea are talking about spending £100m+ each for Kane, Grealish and Haaland?

Some on here have a pathological hatred of these owners. Myself, Im grateful Peter Lim or Gillett's hedge fund bankers looking to recover their losses didnt buy the club when they had the opportunity.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

A classic “I don’t understand the accounts, but I’m right and despite the fact I always bring it up,  I’m not discussing it anymore because I’m right” post from The Wrong One there. 

Yeah Ardja being a cock init 

• Downvote 1