You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

59 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And do you know how those costs compare to other clubs. £63m costs of sales? Fucking mental. Is that cost of sales as in seats for the match, players or selling sponsorships? So we might be paying external companies each time we get a new water sponsor? 

And is that a typo, 496m administrative? That's a year's turnover. 

Clubs all display their profit and loss differently. 

e.g. Arsenal don't display a seperate cost of sales at all. 

They have "other operating charges" outside of staff costs and player trading etc of £78 million. 

Which would compare to our £171 million 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

The country was only on full lockdown for 4 weeks. Building/Construction didn't stop happening, it went mental after that

What about materials coming from other countries? 

And the other 2 points?

It’s a fucking daft suggestion. 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Wait... Liverpool were one of 12 clubs planning to form the ESL and that's somehow FSG doing something terrible to Klopp?

We should have brought in Centre Backs a few weeks earlier than we did (ie the start of January, not the end) but - again - how is that FSG doing something terrible to Klopp?  Are you sure that he was banging on their door for new signings and they were saying "No, you cunt, you have to wait 4 weeks"?

You're wibbling now, you silly person. 

Wibbling...

So yeah you have forgotten. Shame.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Clubs all display their profit and loss differently. 

e.g. Arsenal don't display a seperate cost of sales at all. 

They have "other operating charges" outside of staff costs and player trading etc of £78 million. 

Which would compare to our £171 million 

Shhh Scott has a job to do. I reckon he's furloughed but employed by the Club y'know stalking these boards on their behalf.

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Shhh Scott has a job to do. I reckon he's furloughed but employed by the Club y'know stalking these boards on their behalf.

Everton are more likely to win a trophy than I take financial advise from you and Daisy. 

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

But honestly, amortisation is an accounting distraction too. Just think of the cashflow. We bring in 500m in a pandemic year. We pay 326m on wages. So let's stop there a second for some context. So once our wages are paid, we then have a figure left that would run probably the bottom 10-12 clubs in the premier Leag

Not really a distraction, it’s just bog standard stuff. If you want to recognise the transfer fees over the period of the contracts then you’d be foolish to ignore depreciation and amortisation costs. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.  How much is D&A it if you don’t mind me asking? I want to understand if that’d help bridge this £174m gap you’re trying to explain.

28 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Not really a distraction, it’s just bog standard stuff. If you want to recognise the transfer fees over the period of the contracts then you’d be foolish to ignore depreciation and amortisation costs. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.  How much is D&A it if you don’t mind me asking? I want to understand if that’d help bridge this £174m gap you’re trying to explain.

Amortisation is likely to be includee in the 171m administration expenses. 

Amortisation for 2020 was £115m.

Like for like comparisons below

Arsenal main costs

Cost of sales = 0

Player amortisation = 129

Staff costs = 234

Other = 78

Total = 441

Liverpool main Costs

Cost of sales = 63

Player amortisation = 115

Staff costs = 325

Other operating = 56

Total = 559

We are spending considerably more money than Arsenal on something outside of wages and player purchases. 

Approx 40 million more

119 million (63 + 56) vs 78 million 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

I'm not trying to explain anything, I'm asking the same question I have for I don't know how many posts, where's the money go? I don't think there's clarity enough in the accounts for anyone to explain that (I haven't ready this year's in detail, but I have with other years), which is why I find it astonishing people defend the accounts. The bottom line is, we're 5th in the world rich list. We're always skint and barely give the manager a penny to spend. We somehow have a wage bill that is 15% higher than Manchester United, yet we don't ever seem to be able to compete on wages with them. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not trying to explain anything, I'm asking the same question I have for I don't know how many posts, where's the money go? I don't think there's clarity enough in the accounts for anyone to explain that (I haven't ready this year's in detail, but I have with other years), which is why I find it astonishing people defend the accounts. The bottom line is, we're 5th in the world rich list. We're always skint and barely give the manager a penny to spend. We somehow have a wage bill that is 15% higher than Manchester United, yet we don't ever seem to be able to compete on wages with them. 

I’m just trying work it out with you. You mentioned turnover was £500m and salary was £326m, and you don’t think the there isn’t enough clarity to explain the £174m gap. My hypothesis is depreciation and amortisation would explain a fair chunk. Do you know how much that is? Even from the previous year would be ok as a placeholder.

11 hours ago, Daisy said:

Amortisation is likely to be includee in the 171m administration expenses. 

Amortisation for 2020 was £115m.

Like for like comparisons below

Arsenal main costs

Cost of sales = 0

Player amortisation = 129

Staff costs = 234

Other = 78

Total = 441

Liverpool main Costs

Cost of sales = 63

Player amortisation = 115

Staff costs = 325

Other operating = 56

Total = 559

We are spending considerably more money than Arsenal on something outside of wages and player purchases. 

Approx 40 million more

119 million (63 + 56) vs 78 million 

Sorry I missed this, so basically the main variance driver is higher remuneration costs c.£100m. Given the state of our squad and management vs theirs and the fact the period covered us winning the CL finishing second in the league with the resulting incentive payments, it’s not that outrageous IMO. The rest is basically offsetting with net impact of £18m higher costs. We pay higher agent fees than most clubs so perhaps that’s one of the drivers.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Sorry I missed this, so basically the main variance driver is higher remuneration costs c.£100m. Given the state of our squad and management vs theirs and the fact the period covered us winning the CL finishing second in the league with the resulting incentive payments, it’s not that outrageous IMO. The rest is basically offsetting with net impact of £18m higher costs. We pay higher agent fees than most clubs so perhaps that’s one of the drivers.

No the cost difference is outside of renumeration 

39 minutes ago, Daisy said:

No the cost difference is outside of renumeration 

Just from your numbers you posted above, we spent c.£118m more than Arsenal, and salary cost is c.£100m higher, no? Or have you posted the numbers wrong?

35 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Just from your numbers you posted above, we spent c.£118m more than Arsenal, and salary cost is c.£100m higher, no? Or have you posted the numbers wrong?

No I havent posted them wrong read it again. We have 40 million extra costs on top of wages and player amortisation.