You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

20 hours ago, aRdja said:

Barry, what do you mean a million miles from skint? Do you not believe the reported $46m loss or do you think we should be able to wear higher loss? Or is your real issue the articles posted in the echo?

I'm saying what you announce as profit and loss is only part of the story. We made 125m and 42m in the 2 year's before, but we weren't rich then either. They way players are bought, cash flow or P&L of 12 months ago isn't really relevant, it's what you're going to do going foward. And companies as profitable as LFC in non-pandemic situations would have no issue increasing their revolving credit if cashflow was an issue immediately. You seem to be suggesting we've only stopped spending since the pandemic, yet the cunts have been tight as fuck for pretty much their entire time here. 

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm saying what you announce as profit and loss is only part of the story. We made 125m and 42m in the 2 year's before, but we weren't rich then either. 

Mate, no football club is rich - most are a couple months away from bankruptcy.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Except that's simply not true. They've literally all just shown that through the pandemic when nobody has watched them for 18 month except in the odd case. So if you mean they stopped playing all together forever, well that's true, because it's a simple business model with every revenue stream linked to playing football - and if they unilaterally stopped playing they'd be kicked out of their league  . But most companies would go to shit if their revenue streams dried up and they stopped producing product. Football has just survived march 20-june20 without kicking a ball and that was in season. There was lots of moaning, but nobody in English footballs top flight got into shit, nobody. Not even close. Because the money was coming. If you have cashflow, people will lend. It's simple capitalism. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If you have cashflow, people will lend. It's simple capitalism. 

How do you pay it back - future revenues?

You are being incredibly myopic - the vast majority of "professional" clubs in England are in serious trouble that will affect them for years. 

In reality there are are a fair few big names that will feel the squeeze as well. Not sure it makes sense to comment on post Covid football fortunes until it actually is post Covid. The first league games are in three weeks - do you see those as open events?

Revisit this in a year or two.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I thought the redbird investment  wiped out the pandemic loss and meant we are where we should be pre covid or is it FSG are where they should be. We just got to be honest were poor but the good news could be last years shitshow reduces the bonus payments. 

That redbird investment was in FSG and not directly Liverpool.

On wider issues, this idea of borrowing to fund purchases is really just another name for loading debt onto a club, whether that be arsenal, spurs or anyone else that does it.

It might simple capitalism to some but, the more desparate you are to borrow, the more the lender will want to extract in the form of higher interest and hence repayment costs.

And if you do borrow once to fund transfers, the shouters then say 'you've borrowed once, do it again this season. And next season and next.'

36 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

Clever yet again - every other story either makes or saves us millions - Echo is shite

Liverpool could make millions after Real Madrid fans rave about former Reds winger - Liverpool Echo

Don't share or click on these type of links. What's the point? Everyone is sharing these links and calling them shite but only contributing or encouraging them to do more by clicks.

1 minute ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Don't share or click on these type of links. What's the point? Everyone is sharing these links and calling them shite but only contributing or encouraging them to do more by clicks.

I know its counter productive, but it just fucking annoys me.  Point taken though

13 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The evidence for this is that at least one football club is circling the drain every couple of months, Swindon Town being the current example. People go on about football being a business, yet it's a strange kind of business where companies never merge or are bought out by rivals, and going out of existence is a once-a-generation event.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm saying what you announce as profit and loss is only part of the story. We made 125m and 42m in the 2 year's before, but we weren't rich then either. They way players are bought, cash flow or P&L of 12 months ago isn't really relevant, it's what you're going to do going foward. And companies as profitable as LFC in non-pandemic situations would have no issue increasing their revolving credit if cashflow was an issue immediately. You seem to be suggesting we've only stopped spending since the pandemic, yet the cunts have been tight as fuck for pretty much their entire time here. 

I see, so you think the numbers are right, but you don’t believe the stories posted by LFC journalists around that. I have no issues with that. It’s the suggestion that they’re fiddling with the numbers, inflating salary costs, hand-in-hand with the auditors, only so that internet fans don’t get angry when we don’t buy the players they want is what I find laughable and QAnon-esque.

Like you Barry, if it was up to me I’d rather if the club was a multibillionaire’s vanity project, not unlike City, who could just keep buying expensive flops until they find the right player. However I’m in my 30s and without a doubt, the best time I’ve had as a Liverpool supporter has been under their ownership. I don’t recall another Liverpool team having at least seven of the absolute very best players in for world in the squad (Salah, Mane, Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Robbo, and Thiago) so no, I don’t hate FSG as much as you do. If they can keep it up, I’m happy for them to stay.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

I know we rightly mock The Echo, its a complete shadow of its former self, but IMO, that is actually a good news story. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

I see, so you think the numbers are right, but you don’t believe the stories posted by LFC journalists around that. I have no issues with that. It’s the suggestion that they’re fiddling with the numbers, inflating salary costs, hand-in-hand with the auditors, only so that internet fans don’t get angry when we don’t buy the players they want is what I find laughable and QAnon-esque.

Like you Barry, if it was up to me I’d rather if the club was a multibillionaire’s vanity project, not unlike City, who could just keep buying expensive flops until they find the right player. However I’m in my 30s and without a doubt, the best time I’ve had as a Liverpool supporter has been under their ownership. I don’t recall another Liverpool team having at least seven of the absolute very best players in for world in the squad (Salah, Mane, Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Robbo, and Thiago) so no, I don’t hate FSG as much as you do. If they can keep it up, I’m happy for them to stay.

Have to disagree about the vanity project ownership. No way would I fund that, I'll go and support Tranmere or Marine if that ever happens. We should be fighting to stop that model of ownership spreading through football never mind wishing to join it.

People bang on about Leicester being a good model to follow but in my humble opinion, they are just a smaller scale of chelsea and city. Their owner has pumped money into the club to build a new stadium, a £100m training centre etc.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, deiseach said:

The evidence for this is that at least one football club is circling the drain every couple of months, Swindon Town being the current example. People go on about football being a business, yet it's a strange kind of business where companies never merge or are bought out by rivals, and going out of existence is a once-a-generation event.

and you manage to flirt with insolvency despite having pretty much a reliable steady cash flow that you know in advance for the coming year through TV money, and attendance (Covid obviously impacted this but that is one year)know excuse for teams like Bolton or Sunderland to find themselves in the positions they have. 

• Upvote 2

FSG saved us from doing a Leeds, got us the best manager in the world for us, built a new training ground, broke the transfer record for a defender and a GK, expanded Anfield brilliantly (and continue to do so), and bought us number 6 and our first title in 30 years without putting us in debt.

They are currently running us responsibly through a pandemic that has cost us multi millions in lost revenue. 

FSG out blerts can do one.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, TheRedMachine said:

FSG saved us from doing a Leeds, got us the best manager in the world for us, built a new training ground, broke the transfer record for a defender and a GK, expanded Anfield brilliantly (and continue to do so), and bought us number 6 and our first title in 30 years without putting us in debt.

They are currently running us responsibly through a pandemic that has cost us multi millions in lost revenue. 

They sacked Kenny,appointed an arrogant blert and broke our transfer record on Andy Carroll. The appointment of Klopp has basically been the catalyst for any worthwhile success they've had. And I'm not anti FSG,just merely pointing out that they were a bit clueless for a while too,and still continue to make some baffling decisions along the way.

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They sacked Kenny,appointed an arrogant blert and broke our transfer record on Andy Carroll. The appointment of Klopp has basically been the catalyst for any worthwhile success they've had. And I'm not anti FSG,just merely pointing out that they were a bit clueless for a while too,and still continue to make some baffling decisions along the way.

They actually identified Jurgen Klopp as the man they wanted to manage the club after the King. What were they to do when Jurgen said 'No thanks, not yet.'?

I know you're not anti FSG but come on, who were they supposed to appoint? Despite what loads think about Rodgers, but for Hendo's red card (sure, it's hard to pin the blame on him, it was just the ill fortune to happen at a very critical  stage of the race), he'd have been the first Liverpool manager to hoist the PL trophy.

The owners have made some poor decisions over the years. Some hold that against them and see it as an indicator for a change in ownership despite the elephant in the room: who is better?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, TheRedMachine said:

Fuck off Tom or is it John?