You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

You do. If none of the other clubs signed anybody/spent any money, would you care so much that our club seemingly doesn't either?

As i've just explained, as long as the boss has the things he needs for the season so he can achieve the best results he can, I'm fine. The other teams have got nothing to do with us, although yeah when they strengthen it makes things a bit more challenging.

Jurgen is a midfielder and MAYBE an attacker light going into the season. Theres still too many injury prone players we can't rely on and a lot of dead wood he just doesn't fancy floating about the squad. The fullback cover has always been an issue but at least he can give that greek lad a try with a pre season under him.

The other major issue we have is unlocking deep lying packed defences, which seems to be our achllies heel when we come up against well organised opponents.

We've also lost that aura of invincibility we had after last years debacle between Jan and April.

Theres a world of difference between making do and having the tools you need to achieve your goals, as we saw last year. FSG have a shit ton of work to do in the next few seasons, because in my opinion they've not managed the ins and outs of the squad well, relying too much on cashing in on a big sale that just won't happen now.

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yup. Follow you around like Police.

Bottom line is as far as Im concerned theres holes in this squad that still haven't been rectified with 3 weeks to go. That is on the owners and no one else.

You don’t think the squad as it currently is isn’t good enough to beat Norwich and Burnley?

As long as we don’t get injuries, it’s good enough to beat Chelsea as well. 

We 100% need a midfielder, attacker and, IMO, a right back before the window closes, the sooner we buy these players the better for all, but to be panicking already is fairly childish.  

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

You don’t think the squad as it currently is isn’t good enough to beat Norwich and Burnley?

We 100% need a midfielder, attacker and, IMO, a right back before the window closes, the sooner we buy these players the better for all, but to be panicking already is fairly childish.  

We have 2 players coming back form long term injuries and we don't know their level yet, 3 if you count Matip who will pick up injuries.

Milner not getting any younger.  Hendo will pick up injuries, Keita, Ox etc - Its fair to say that we will have lots of players out.  

Its fine to sell the dead wood, as long as we replace them 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Again who is panicking? Im not lying awake at night.

The only thing i do dread is running into another block of form like last winter, it was an horrendous watch, made even more unbearable by seeing our boss dumbstruck and helpless.

If everyone could stay fit, if we could rely on Keita and Ox and Matip to contribute and for Firmino to rediscover his samba, I'd be much happier. But we've seen over the last few years unless Jurgen can keep his best eleven completely fit and free from injury and by sacrificing a few lesser cup comps, we will struggle a bit.

1 hour ago, Marko121 said:

We have 2 players coming back form long term injuries and we don't know their level yet, 3 if you count Matip who will pick up injuries.

Milner not getting any younger.  Hendo will pick up injuries, Keita, Ox etc - Its fair to say that we will have lots of players out.  

Its fine to sell the dead wood, as long as we replace them 

In the first 3 games of the season? We’d be horrifically unlucky.

Not doubting something needs doing before the window closes though. 

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

And you give the impression you couldn't care less how we fare over a season. So what?

I quite clearly do, hence why I’ve repeatedly said we need reinforcements. I’m just not criticising every when we have 5 weeks to sort it. 

31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Who is making them?

Besides you.

SKY and The independent. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/virgil-van-dijk-liverpool-andy-robertson-joe-gomez-jurgen-klopp-b1890697.html

The PA news agency understands it is unlikely there will be further additions to the squad following the £36million arrival of centre-back Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig.

On 24/07/2021 at 12:31, dockers_strike said:

Some people seem to misunderstand the difference between what the club is 'worth,' what turnover is and what profit is.

I'll keep saying it, people need to produce evidence of financial misappropriation within the club by the owners because just saying repeatedly they think something's 'wrong' just makes them sound like a flat earther saying the world's flat, not a globe (or oblate spheroid for the pedants).

Facts, evidence and not rumour or gut feeling.

Facts!!!!!!! Facts!!!!!!!!! you've just ruined this entire fucking thread

• Upvote 1