You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

I’ve audited everyone on this thread and concluded that the problem each of you face is that an excessive number of thetans have attached themselves to you. For just £2000 each we can begin the journey to cleanse you of these troubling attachments. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

Sorry Barry where has this come from? It’s been a robust but respectful discussion I honestly thought. I’d regret it if I had come across any other way. 

I just don't want to go round in circles. I think we're a million miles from skint. In fact I think considering out last 3 accounts are profits of +125m, +42m, -46m (with a pandemic), that would back up my point of view. It's a narrative. It's a narrative to shut the fans up and be grateful for any scraps they throw our way. So my view is if we rarely net spend on footballers, if we have wages to turnover ratio of just 66% in a pandemic (58% the preceding year when there were fans in the ground and UEFA recommend 70%) our other running costs should be reasonably low, where's the money? What are fucking up that makes us not in a position to invest in the team? We keep getting told how clever we are compared to our rivals, yet we're always the peasants despite being the world's 5th richest club. So to be told "well the accounts have been audited", sorry it doesn't add up. The money is there if there's a will to spend, there's just no will to spend. 

4 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

From my experience of audits, yes you can push things in a certain direction to show what you want, but you can't just make shit up. 

Our previous 2 years account showed we made about 140m profit, we then made a 46m loss and from the sounds of it we made a loss of about 120m for last season. 

I get as frustrated as the next person about not signing players but to think the club are just holding back money to syphon out of the club through an accounting process is ridiculous. Audits might not be 100% correct but it they were doing this it would be obvious in the detailed account that would be submitted to the auditor. 

No Auditor is going to risk their reputation to look the other way on something like this, as they could go to jail themselves if it came to light.

I'm not claiming LFC are doing something illegal. But I am saying they'll paint a picture the club want it to be seen. All companies do it. And while it runs not too far off line, all auditors will pass it. As per the last post, if our revenues are so high, our revenue to wages ratios are good (despite this "spiralling wage" narrative being pushed by the club through its lackies), our costs outside of wages should not be high - where's the money? It seems we're doing everything right, yet we still can't afford footballers without selling. 

Then we get stories like this one below from the echo "they can't buy because of the home grown rule". Well who's fault is that? I thought we were cleverer than everyone else, yet we can't add up to 17? Why have we kept Adrian? Why did we buy minamino? Why did we buy kostas? Our squad is flooded with mediocre foreign talent who can't get a game. Why isn't our staff management better than it is? And if we had less foreigners, would we just be getting told we're skint like last week's narrative? It's all absolute shite. As I said in the previous post, they want us to be grateful to be fed scraps. 

Michael Edwards and FSG are being stopped from making more Liverpool signings

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/edwards-fsg-liverpool-transfer-news-21141173#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’ve audited everyone on this thread and concluded that the problem each of you face is that an excessive number of thetans have attached themselves to you. For just £2000 each we can begin the journey to cleanse you of these troubling attachments. 

Just the kind of bullshit I'd expect from an SP.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I just don't want to go round in circles. I think we're a million miles from skint. In fact I think considering out last 3 accounts are profits of +125m, +42m, -46m (with a pandemic), that would back up my point of view. It's a narrative. It's a narrative to shut the fans up and be grateful for any scraps they throw our way. So my view is if we rarely net spend on footballers, if we have wages to turnover ratio of just 66% in a pandemic (58% the preceding year when there were fans in the ground and UEFA recommend 70%) our other running costs should be reasonably low, where's the money? What are fucking up that makes us not in a position to invest in the team? We keep getting told how clever we are compared to our rivals, yet we're always the peasants despite being the world's 5th richest club. So to be told "well the accounts have been audited", sorry it doesn't add up. The money is there if there's a will to spend, there's just no will to spend. 

I'm not claiming LFC are doing something illegal. But I am saying they'll paint a picture the club want it to be seen. All companies do it. And while it runs not too far off line, all auditors will pass it. As per the last post, if our revenues are so high, our revenue to wages ratios are good (despite this "spiralling wage" narrative being pushed by the club through its lackies), our costs outside of wages should not be high - where's the money? It seems we're doing everything right, yet we still can't afford footballers without selling. 

Then we get stories like this one below from the echo "they can't buy because of the home grown rule". Well who's fault is that? I thought we were cleverer than everyone else, yet we can't add up to 17? Why have we kept Adrian? Why did we buy minamino? Why did we buy kostas? Our squad is flooded with mediocre foreign talent who can't get a game. Why isn't our staff management better than it is? And if we had less foreigners, would we just be getting told we're skint like last week's narrative? It's all absolute shite. As I said in the previous post, they want us to be grateful to be fed scraps. 

Michael Edwards and FSG are being stopped from making more Liverpool signings

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/edwards-fsg-liverpool-transfer-news-21141173#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

You don't go into a transfer window shouting "we've got loadsa money" you get taken to the cleaners by whichever club you are asking about purchasing their players, also if you don't buy anyone you then have loads of people spouting off about us having a huge budget but not spending it.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Barry, what do you mean a million miles from skint? Do you not believe the reported $46m loss or do you think we should be able to wear higher loss? Or is your real issue the articles posted in the echo?

ITK Mo Chatra done a twitter thread a few months back about how he was gonna tell us exactly were the wages were going. After he’d dealt with the footballers he still had over £200 million to get rid of.

By the end he was snookered and had the girls serving the pies in the stands earning £10 grand a game.

The clubs worth over £2 billion now. The first team budget shouldn’t be taking a hit for new stands and training grounds being built. These are only going to add more value. Losing Klopp and going back to the bad old days of buying shite every summer and being miles off the top 4 will certainly bring that value down.

Im not advocating paying that level of money for the likes of sancho but Klopp shouldn’t have had to compromise over bringing players in. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Red74 said:

ITK Mo Chatra done a twitter thread a few months back about how he was gonna tell us exactly were the wages were going. After he’d dealt with the footballers he still had over £200 million to get rid of.

By the end he was snookered and had the girls serving the pies in the stands earning £10 grand a game.

The clubs worth over £2 billion now. The first team budget shouldn’t be taking a hit for new stands and training grounds being built. These are only going to add more value. Losing Klopp and going back to the bad old days of buying shite every summer and being miles off the top 4 will certainly bring that value down.

Im not advocating paying that level of money for the likes of sancho but Klopp shouldn’t have had to compromise over bringing players in. 

What, you and this Chatra reckons the players are only paid £120m collectively ie £325m less over £200m?

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What, you and this Chatra reckons the players are only paid £120m collectively ie £325m less over £200m?

No, I said chatra wrote it. It’s pretty clear what I said.

Wtf is wrong with you anyway. This is an open forum and you go to pieces at the slightest bit of questioning of anything FSG related. 

Looking forward to you activating the multis to back you up on this. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Wtf is wrong with you anyway. This is an open forum and you go to pieces at the slightest bit of questioning of anything FSG related. 

Goodness, sounds like I got a nibble. Nice that you avoided what was a pretty straightforward question though.

So, we can deduce this 'ITK Chatra' reckons over £200m of the wage bill, amounting to £325m doesnt go to the players. That means by this 'ITK's reasoning, our players collectively earn around £125m. Think he needs to try harder.

Oh, and funny how those accuse me of multiple accounts do what they preach.

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

So why were we skint before covid? We spent nothing after winning the European cup because we "had to pay the bills". In the 2 years we were supposedly skint pre-covid, we made 125m profit and 42m profit. 

The road end is 60m, but they're not paying that now, they're borrowing it (and so they should, borrowing is cheap at the moment). Even with revenues down because of covid in the latest accounts (including the end of the season being played in the financial year yet to be released), we still turned over 490m, with a wage bill of 326m.

It's a simple question, what's the rest going on? It's not a complex business model. We maintain a small office in town. An even smaller footprint in Bloomsbury. All of our non-playing wage bill including directors is included in the 326m.  We made enormous profits pre pandemic, yet we were skint then. 

Suck up the "we're skint" story if you like, I think it's fucking nonsense. 

Is the Road end only £60 million?  I thought it was more, there you go. 

On the financial reporting revenue was down £120 million for the 19-20 Financial year against the previous one, with a £46 million loss.

For the 20-21 Financial Year it will be worse right, because there were no fans in the stadium at all - so lets be generous and assume a rough £100 million loss over the two years.

The next season 21-22 is also going to have reduced revenue - maybe we break even, but who the hell knows what's going to happen with COVID.

Add in the conservative nature of FSG and you can see why they aren't countenancing much outgoings.  

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I’ve been more than patient, John. But we are a little over three weeks away from the start of the season, so the time has finally come.

Buy somebody, you cunts!

There is fuck all happening anywhere. 

SmartSelect_20210726-084845_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, Red74 said:

Yup. Follow you around like Police.

Bottom line is as far as Im concerned theres holes in this squad that still haven't been rectified with 3 weeks to go. That is on the owners and no one else.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Who gives a shit what other teams do? FFS

You do. If none of the other clubs signed anybody/spent any money, would you care so much that our club seemingly doesn't either?

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

Barry, what do you mean a million miles from skint? Do you not believe the reported $46m loss or do you think we should be able to wear higher loss? Or is your real issue the articles posted in the echo?

The post ignores the previous losses and the forecasts c.£80m impact in the next accounts. 

2010 = -£49.3m

2011 = -£40.5m

2012 = Couldn’t find, likely not a positive. 

2013 = -£49.3m

2014 = +£0.9m

2015 = +£60m

2016 = -£19.8m

2017 = +£39m

2018 = +£125m
2019 = +£42m
2020 = -£46m
2021 = Whatever it’s going to be -c.£80m. 

Obviously 2015 was the Suarez money & 2018 was the Coutinho money. The Alisson, Fabinho & Keita money came out of the 2019 money.

So, you can more or less offset the 2019 & 2020 money against each other & 2021 obviously isn’t looking pretty.