You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What are you talking about? The club is the owners as far as legal entities and tax is concerned. 

The tax refund is just another credit to the club’s P&L statement. No different to any other income e.g. tickets or sponsorship. Perhaps confirm your definition of “extracting money from the club” please Barry, and help me understand how corporation tax refund would fit that definition. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, aRdja said:

The tax refund is just another credit to the club’s P&L statement. No different to any other income e.g. tickets or sponsorship. Perhaps confirm your definition of “extracting money from the club” please Barry, and help me understand how corporation tax refund would fit that definition. 

Can you add some context, I'm fucked if I'm reading 2 billion posts to find it. To be clear I don't think they put money in their pockets. I do think they'll do absolutely anything possible that makes the company worth as much as they can even if it is to the detriment of the football team. And they'll use the media to promote whichever fucking agenda they have at any point in time to reduce fans expectations. 

First meeting with LFC representatives

Today, Tuesday 4 May 2021, Spirit of Shankly met with Billy Hogan and Liverpool FC representatives.

At the meeting SOS tabled the following requests:

• Two SOS representatives at LFC board level in relation to issues that impact fans and the Anfield community as a whole. This would involve a reconstitution of the LFC board that includes effective, elected and accountable fan representation, and not for members of the current LFC board to be that elected representative. This cannot be token representation, but one that has the ‘golden share’ or veto on the decision-making process. We believe this is desirable, practical and achievable both in the short and long-term.
  • A formal agreement between LFC and Athletic Grounds Ltd and SOS in order to improve collaboration and supporter engagement and involvement, and to ensure this is sustainable for the future.
  • FSG and LFC collaborate with SOS to lead the reform agenda ahead of/in conjunction with the national fan-led review.
  • We also asked for a commitment from FSG that any costs incurred in relation to the creation of and withdrawal from the European Super League will be funded solely by the owners and not by the club. We note that the Kroenke family have already made this commitment to Arsenal FC fans.

These motions were acknowledged, and received, by LFC. They have taken these away for discussion and will respond formally to SOS with a further local meeting expected in the coming days.

This initial consultation was positive, and both parties agreed there is a need for a new structure leading to meaningful and lasting supporter engagement.

We will keep all members updated as and when we have more information.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spiritofshankly

If I was SOS I’d prepare for disappointment. The last time they asked for fan involvement they were falsely accused of making demands in a threatening legal manner, and the little puppies in our fan base went with the lie hook, line and sinker. They have always been about divide and conquer and I don’t see the leopard changing it’s spots now.

Two SOS representatives at LFC board level in relation to issues that impact fans and the Anfield community as a whole.

I am really supportive of SOS - I think they have been good for Liverpool as a whole, but this is just ridiculous. Why SOS? Are they the representative of Liverpool fans? It should be 2 fans - and perhaps look using membership as a way to vote for them - at least it makes membership a bit more than just a 'chance' at a ticket. 

Using a membership scheme to vote for board representation would at least bring in money to the role. At least look to the club donating shares to a 'Supporter Trust' or something like that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

I hope we have some applicants from here to go on the board. 

It’d make an episode of Succession look like a kids picnic. 

"So we are replacing the scouse slice with a sausage, bean and cheese melt"

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

???? What has he said wrong there? 

People like to make claims and comments in here but don’t like being challenged to back it up. 

I’m a member of SOS, I might give it a go. 

Queue another hilarious joke about me doing it so I can nosh Henry or another equally hilarious zinger. 

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

People like to make claims and comments in here but don’t like being challenged to back it up. 

Queue another hilarious joke about me doing it so I can nosh Henry or another equally hilarious zinger. 

You need to not take is so personal scott, this is an Internet forum full of opinionated cunts, some will give their opinion and leave it at that, others will keep throwing it at everyone at every opportunity they get.

Individually it is up to the poster what type of cunt they want to be and no amount of arguing is going to change their type, might even make them more entrenched.

Your not a bad poster but recently you are coming across as "I'm special cause I have been to loads of games and protests" if you are ok with that don't be surprised when people want to take a pop at you. 

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

You need to not take is so personal scott, this is an Internet forum full of opinionated cunts, some will give their opinion and leave it at that, others will keep throwing it at everyone at every opportunity they get.

Individually it is up to the poster what type of cunt they want to be and no amount of arguing is going to change their type, might even make them more entrenched.

Your not a bad poster but recently you are coming across as "I'm special cause I have been to loads of games and protests" if you are ok with that don't be surprised when people want to take a pop at you. 

I don't take it personally, I actually think most of the stuff is laughable. I get some won't change their mind no matter what, some of the claims about FSG are just unsubstantiated rubbish - see the above post from Dockers Strike as an example of the sheer stupidness of it.

I went at lengths last summer to state I'm not an FSG fanboy and I will have criticise when I feel there is something to criticise.

I'm not meaning to come across as a Super Fan or whatever. That point was originally made when Beef Stroganoff accused me of being some know-nothing 18 year old whose never been to Anfield, which I set him straight on. I'm incredibly lucky to have been to as many games as I have. I find the "Super Fan" an odd insult to be honest because I'm sure many are very envious of how fortunate I've been. 

I was rightly picked up on, on Sunday for a comment I made. It was drink induced and I did apologise for it. 

The points I'm trying to make on the protests etc (although inarticulately!) is if some are that unhappy with FSG, they have a platform now to show the world what they think of them. I absolutely deplore how the mancs went about it on Sunday, but at they made themselves heard.

What is the point in coming on here, sounding off in virtually every thread, trotting out the same old boring claims and then not backing it up? I'm no Arthur Scargill, but when I feel strongly about something, I try to get my point across for change, whether that e-mailing Deutsche Bank, going to a G&H march, the ticket walk out or sending Peter Moores a tweet on the Furlough. I'm not stupid enough to think I single handedly changed the above, of course not, but unity is strength and all that and I have the balls to put my money where my mouth is.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Why the fuck would I join SOS and go on a fucking panel? Supporting this club is one tiny fraction of my life, I don't obsess over it, its not the be all and end all. 

I just want the fucking manager CONSISTENTLY backed. They can make as much fortune as they like as long as first and foremost the manager and team come first. Our manager has worked wonders with what he has been given and it seemingly feels like all that effort has been wasted, we will see next season if the damage is longer term.

Thats it. Theres nothing remotely difficult to understand about that. And you can guarantee most of those on here who don't like FSG probably hold the same values.

Now fuck off you absolute tart.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don't take it personally, I actually think most of the stuff is laughable. I get some won't change their mind no matter what, some of the claims about FSG are just unsubstantiated rubbish - see the above post from Dockers Strike as an example of the sheer stupidness of it.

I went at lengths last summer to state I'm not an FSG fanboy and I will have criticise when I feel there is something to criticise.

I'm not meaning to come across as a Super Fan or whatever. That point was originally made when Beef Stroganoff accused me of being some know-nothing 18 year old whose never been to Anfield, which I set him straight on. I'm incredibly lucky to have been to as many games as I have. I find the "Super Fan" an odd insult to be honest because I'm sure many are very envious of how fortunate I've been. 

I was rightly picked up on, on Sunday for a comment I made. It was drink induced and I did apologise for it. 

The points I'm trying to make on the protests etc (although inarticulately!) is if some are that unhappy with FSG, they have a platform now to show the world what they think of them. I absolutely deplore how the mancs went about it on Sunday, but at they made themselves heard.

What is the point in coming on here, sounding off in virtually every thread, trotting out the same old boring claims and then not backing it up? I'm no Arthur Scargill, but when I feel strongly about something, I try to get my point across for change, whether that e-mailing Deutsche Bank, going to a G&H march, the ticket walk out or sending Peter Moores a tweet on the Furlough. I'm not stupid enough to think I single handedly changed the above, of course not, but unity is strength and all that and I have the balls to put my money where my mouth is.

Because its a fucking forum you melt. People come on here to express.

Happiness, joy, fed up, pissed off, angry. We can all come on here and vent. I'd rather have foul mouthed rants on here than take it offline in the home, office etc. Its an easy out.

I can't stand our owners but I don't go on twitter and foul mouth to Henry and Linda. He fucking owns the Club and can do what he likes, within reason.

But that doesn't mean I have to suck up everything they do and be happy with it. I can't just fucking forget when you see our manager taking a battering in front of the cameras for what they did with the ESL, and then simply write it off the next week when they change their mind. I can't praise them, or forget when the manager cries out for help in the transfer market when we have an unprecedented injury list to our backline and just shrug that off whilst watching us get shafted by absolute garbage teams week in week out. Or idly watch as we ask cheap options to step up for the team, players Jurgen obviously doesn't trust, just because our owners want to keep their prized profit intact.

personally I think this season they've done a lot of damage. We will see if they can rectify it in the summer and get the team firing again and more importantly to the whole setup, our boss full of life again and effervescent, because it looks like its been kicked out of him, and if thats gone you can forget it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why the fuck would I join SOS and go on a fucking panel? Supporting this club is one tiny fraction of my life, I don't obsess over it, its not the be all and end all. 

I just want the fucking manager CONSISTENTLY backed. They can make as much fortune as they like as long as first and foremost the manager and team come first. Our manager has worked wonders with what he has been given and it seemingly feels like all that effort has been wasted, we will see next season if the damage is longer term.

Thats it. Theres nothing remotely difficult to understand about that. And you can guarantee most of those on here who don't like FSG probably hold the same values.

Now fuck off you absolute tart.

Now see, this is what I’m talking about .

1) “Supporting this club is one tiny fraction of my life, I don't obsess over it, its not the be all and end all”.

Well, you seem to complain about FSG enough in here so why don’t you use your time constructively instead?

2) I just want the fucking manager CONSISTENTLY backed.

Everybody wants that. Some of us are willing to understand why we might not be able spend as much currently. I fundamentally struggle to see the difficulty in understanding this. You were sounding off for weeks last year we hadn’t improved the squad and then we signed Thiago and Jota and you fucked off until we needed a new centre back to continue moaning where you left off. 

Queue the inaccurate Origi comment now. But no, you don’t obsess over it?

3) Our manager has worked wonders with what he has been given and it seemingly feels like all that effort has been wasted, we will see next season if the damage is longer term

Winning the Champions League, Super Cup, CWC and Premiership is wasted effort?

4) Theres nothing remotely difficult to understand about that. And you can guarantee most of those on here who don't like FSG probably hold the same values.

Do something about it then. 

5) Now fuck off you absolute tart.

Hilarious. X.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Because its a fucking forum you melt. People come on here to express.

Happiness, joy, fed up, pissed off, angry. We can all come on here and vent. I'd rather have foul mouthed rants on here than take it offline in the home, office etc. Its an easy out.

I can't stand our owners but I don't go on twitter and foul mouth to Henry and Linda. He fucking owns the Club and can do what he likes, within reason.

But that doesn't mean I have to suck up everything they do and be happy with it. I can't just fucking forget when you see our manager taking a battering in front of the cameras for what they did with the ESL, and then simply write it off the next week when they change their mind. I can't praise them, or forget when the manager cries out for help in the transfer market when we have an unprecedented injury list to our backline and just shrug that off whilst watching us get shafted by absolute garbage teams week in week out. Or idly watch as we ask cheap options to step up for the team, players Jurgen obviously doesn't trust, just because our owners want to keep their prized profit intact.

personally I think this season they've done a lot of damage. We will see if they can rectify it in the summer and get the team firing again and more importantly to the whole setup, our boss full of life again and effervescence, because it looks like its been kicked out of him, and if thats gone you can forget it.

Yawn. 

Likewise it works both ways. If you come here to chat, what I think is complete shit, prepare to deal with objections. 

• Downvote 1