You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

We'd need to sell one of Ox or Keita to make space in the squad. More likely Keita as Ox is homegrown and more versatile. 

Neither should still be here next season in my view - both occupy too much in wages and space in squad whilst offering fuck all.

Seeing them both go and a player come in who actually contributes and can be available when required would represent an improvement.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Neither should still be here next season in my view - both occupy too much in wages and space in squad whilst offering fuck all.

Seeing them both go and a player come in who actually contributes and can be available when required would represent an improvement.

Let's hope Peter Moore can work his magic again.

Edit,he wont be here will he?

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Wijnaldum - gone - free

Shaqiri - two years left - may go as I think the little fella wants to play

Origi - three years, not going anywhere

Davies - who?

Arroyo - who?

Larouci - out of contract - gone - free

Karius - out of contract - gone - free

Woodburn - one year left - loan - not sure we get a fee for this fella

Grujic - two years left - loan - fee

Wilson - gone - free

Ojo - gone - free

Adrian - gone - free

Awoniyi - gone - free

Barbara - who?

Millar - didn't he sign a new contract?

Not alot of wages saved there other than Wiji and the two senior keepers is there?

No transfer value in that entire lot outside of maybe 12-15 for either Shaq or Origi

Shaqiri on 75 grand a week and Origi is on 50 grand a week. Think Wijnaldum is on around 75 too.

All the others who hang around on that list basically contribute fuck all and collectively must be a drain on the finances.

We may have to pay Matip off to get shut of him. 

49 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Shaqiri on 75 grand a week and Origi is on 50 grand a week. Think Wijnaldum is on around 75 too.

All the others who hang around on that list basically contribute fuck all and collectively must be a drain on the finances.

We may have to pay Matip off to get shut of him. 

As stupid as it sounds,I'd keep Matip. At least he's good when he plays.

Still barely believable how bad Keita has been. It defies logic. 

Tsimikas another one, and it's a peculiar signing as he was hardly a regular starter for Olympiakos.  

Chamberlain has been a weeping sore for Klopp for 3 years. 

That's £100m of signings right there who have been catastrophic in real terms. 

We can't afford to waste £100m if we want to haul City back, we need to buy better, buy smarter, not blame bad luck, nobody cares about our luck.  

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Still barely believable how bad Keita has been. It defies logic. 

Tsimikas another one, and it's a peculiar signing as he was hardly a regular starter for Olympiakos.  

Chamberlain has been a weeping sore for Klopp for 3 years. 

That's £100m of signings right there who have been catastrophic in real terms. 

We can't afford to waste £100m if we want to haul City back, we need to buy better, buy smarter, not blame bad luck, nobody cares about our luck.  

To be fair,our signings have been an overwhelming success in recent years but now we are having a bit of a struggle the failures become more pronounced because they were needed to step in.

On 28/04/2021 at 21:51, aRdja said:

I don’t think we could recover “loads” tho. That’s the point we’re discussing. It’s complicated but they’d be able to recover the some (most?) of the tax they paid last year plus c.£800k from the the two preceding years. I don’t really feel like going through the accounts, but I doubt it’d be double digit. 

Why do you think we paid just 800k tax last year. Corporation tax is 19% and we made a 42m profit, which should be 10 times the amount you've quoted. As I pointed in my previous post from HMRC, last years tax claim back is unlimited.

My understanding how it works (although I've never made a loss to need to do this) - is last year we paid tax on 42m, we can recover all tax paid. We're able to claim back 2 more years to a maximum of 2m profit per year. So that's 42+2+2, which coincidentally is 46m, the exact loss we made this year. So the tax paid on that entire 46m loss can be recovered (which should be about 8.75m). We will have shifted all other losses into next year to maximise our tax recovery - so the losses we make through 20-21 we will then carry forward to reduce tax liabilities when we're back to making profits by 21-22. 

Screenshot_20210428-080213.jpg

34 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why do you think we paid just 800k tax last year.

I certainly don’t. I said £800k over and above the tax we paid last year. I don’t know how much tax we paid last year (and I cba checking), but if our profit in the previous was £42m then there’s no way we we’d recover the entire loss we’ve made last year (£45m) as you suggested in this post below. 

Yes, the figure we’d be able to recover would be closer to the £8m I would’ve thought, but it’s never really that simple, as P&L is typically recorded on an accrual basis (as opposed to cash) so there’s always a bit of timing/phasing variance every year. 

15 hours ago, Moo said:

What was our wage bill like before we started winning stuff, say 2016-18?  I assume it was dead low by comparison if winning stuff has caused it to shoot up?

This (in the graph/table at the bottom) shows our wage bill historically.

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

I certainly don’t. I said £800k over and above the tax we paid last year. I don’t know how much tax we paid last year (and I cba checking), but if our profit in the previous was £42m then there’s no way we we’d recover the entire loss we’ve made last year (£45m) as you suggested in this post below. 

Yes, the figure we’d be able to recover would be closer to the £8m I would’ve thought, but it’s never really that simple, as P&L is typically recorded on an accrual basis (as opposed to cash) so there’s always a bit of timing/phasing variance every year. 

You're right, they won't recover the whole lot. They recover around 1/4. But certainly not 800k! And this on the back of 200m profits in 3 years. It's a drop in the ocean. Especially for owners who claim not to be interested in extracting money from the club. 

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

You're right, they won't recover the whole lot. They recover around 1/4. But certainly not 800k! And this on the back of 200m profits in 3 years. It's a drop in the ocean. Especially for owners who claim not to be interested in extracting money from the club. 

Just to make sure that we’re aligned, it’s the club (not the owners) who’d be recovering that tax back, and the figure would be reported in the P&L statement.

54 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The bar is being set high for the Anti-FSG brigade next Monday night...

Considering the next home game is on Saturday night, the timing would be off if nothing else!

I've no issue with fans protesting about the owners' greed and the ESL plans outside the ground, it's when it turns into vandalism, breaking into club property and violent clashes with police that I think it's knobheads using the pretence of protest to just behave like cunts.

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Considering the next home game is on Saturday night, the timing would be off if nothing else!

I've no issue with fans protesting about the owners' greed and the ESL plans outside the ground, it's when it turns into vandalism, breaking into club property and violent clashes with police that I think it's knobheads using the pretence of protest to just behave like cunts.

So it is. I though it was Monday for some reason. 

IMO, this isn’t a protest about the ESL. They are using it as an excuse to protest about the Glaziers. Like how Arsenal used it as an excuse to protest with Kroenke.

12 minutes ago, Trumo said:

It's always the way in every protest. We have one dickhead smash a coach window and that becomes the focus rather than the reason the vast majority of people where there be it to support or protest. The same will go for united fans too. Although I don't think this is an ESL protest it's an I want an oligarch oil state protest. Its not unique to them either, fans of all clubs seem to remember issues that didn't matter when they were winning. If we have protests at our next home game it will have little to do with the ESL and just be an excuse for a load of scallies to feel they have a cause to act like twats.

• Upvote 1

On 30/04/2021 at 23:46, aRdja said:

Just to make sure that we’re aligned, it’s the club (not the owners) who’d be recovering that tax back, and the figure would be reported in the P&L statement.

What are you talking about? The club is the owners as far as legal entities and tax is concerned.