You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

20 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Probably, our wages have been highly suspicious under them. Tell me how our wage bill is that high with a straight face. They are saving on everything they can. Furlough the staff. That's their thinking, how in gods name can you believe the wages are that high without bursting into a right laugh of how gullible they believe us to be. But it's your opinion they don't and fairplay to that. 

I'm not sure of the legal status of the document everyone is arguing about but are you saying they are committing some sort of fraud? I mean stuff like that happens but I don't really see this lot as the types to commit outright theft and fraud. Is that what you're suggesting they are doing? Something illegal?

29 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Probably, our wages have been highly suspicious under them. Tell me how our wage bill is that high with a straight face. They are saving on everything they can. Furlough the staff. That's their thinking, how in gods name can you believe the wages are that high without bursting into a right laugh of how gullible they believe us to be. But it's your opinion they don't and fairplay to that. 

ha ha bang on. AS IF these tight bastards are paying through the nose on salary. As if!

This is the same bunch that instead of taking advantage of Origis high stock after Madrid, thought they'd save a few quid on transfers by offering him an extension.

And the same bunch that brought in a loanee and a cardboard cutout in January and covered it with the loan of Minamino.

As you say, gullible. Gullible goldfish.

6 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

I'm not sure of the legal status of the document everyone is arguing about but are you saying they are committing some sort of fraud? I mean stuff like that happens but I don't really see this lot as the types to commit outright theft and fraud. Is that what you're suggesting they are doing? Something illegal?

How would they be doing something illegal? They own the Club outright don't they? Its theirs. They could do what they want with their investment, it wouldn't be illegal at all. They just don't need anyone to know the finer details.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Er... so they don't have to spend?

Ah, so the grand plan is to pretend the wage bill is high so they can keep the fans off them when they don't spend as much as they want them to spend?

Pure genius. FSG are even smarter than I thought. Only makes me like them more.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

How would they be doing something illegal? They own the Club outright don't they? Its theirs. They could do what they want with their investment, it wouldn't be illegal at all. They just don't need anyone to know the finer details.

Well I'm not familiar with all the relevant laws in the UK, and that's why I'm asking about the legal status of the document everyone is talking about. If they are official financial statements and they are misrepresenting the actual wage bill that would be problematic. What is the purpose of making this document public? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Performance incentives.

6 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

No I'm not saying they are commiting fraud. My personal take is that they are paying themselves a bonus without it being reported as other than wages. I know they've stated that they don't take anything out of the club. But the maths doesn't add up for me at least. There's alot of factors though. We have alot of non playing staff, tea ladies, kitmen, matchday personel, physios, doctors, coaches, chefs etc. 

I have no idea what a tea lady is on, but I guess she works the minimum wage. I have no idea what the minimum wage is in England 30k per year ?. 

I just can't get the numbers to add up no matter how much I try to. I really wish they would release a detailed wage account where all staff is listed. Players, non playing etc. No personal detalils ofcourse, but just general wage colums. But that's not going to happen. I wish they'd do and make me look like a complete idiot. But until then I can't see to look past the fact that there is a bonus payment to the owners. And that would actually be fair enough, they own it and can do what they want to a certain extent. 

I'm hope I'm wrong in my assumptions.

49 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Bore off.

I would suggest in the strongest possible terms, it’s the conspiracy nuts, like yourself, who need to bore off.

Or are you readying the forums finest for a protest march on the 10th?

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

How deep does this conspiracy go? Any audit would clearly be able to show the tax fraud if they were fiddling payroll figures. Makes me wonder how such clear and evident fraud - to the point where lads on a footy forum know that year on year on year they’re stealing many millions and committing large scale fraud - yet the accountants, who I think will be criminally liable for this, haven’t said anything and those looking at the accounts can’t spot the fudge. Mad isn’t it. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I would suggest in the strongest possible terms, it’s the conspiracy nuts, like yourself, who need to bore off.

Or are you readying the forums finest for a protest march on the 10th?

Fucking yawn.

We live in a greedy, selfish world. You don't make money by being nice. Certainly, you don't get into John Henry's shoes by being all straight laced. You'd think people dying from a virus would be proof enough that we could all band together rather than say, give your mates businesses golden handshakes and massive contracts off the back of it.

But thats the reality we live in. Money moves the world around and shapes every decision, every day. Nothing to do with "conspiracy" or any other nonsense people spout to discredit and shut down conversation.

4 minutes ago, Numero said:

How deep does this conspiracy go? Any audit would clearly be able to show the tax fraud if they were fiddling payroll figures. Makes me wonder how such clear and evident fraud - to the point where lads on a footy forum know that year on year on year they’re stealing many millions and committing large scale fraud - yet the accountants, who I think will be criminally liable for this, haven’t said anything and those looking at the accounts can’t spot the fudge. Mad isn’t it. 

Are you seriously suggesting nothing kosher could happen? is that your definitive truth?

Some of you are worse than those that think there can't possibly be no corruption in a billion dollar sport industry that has so far seen the italian league corrupted, the world cup sold off and a a billionaire sports washing regime get off scot free by refusing to collaborate and lie their way through rule breaking.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Fucking yawn.

We live in a greedy, selfish world. You don't make money by being nice. Certainly, you don't get into John Henry's shoes by being all straight laced. You'd think people dying from a virus would be proof enough that we could all band together rather than say, give your mates businesses golden handshakes and massive contracts off the back of it.

But thats the reality we live in. Money moves the world around and shapes every decision, every day. Nothing to do with "conspiracy" or any other nonsense people spout to discredit and shut down conversation.

Eh? We’re talking about FSG and Liverpool FC, not Boris Johnson. 

It isn’t conversation that’s being shut down. It’s baseless accusations you and serval others keep making. 

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

Yeah how much tax did we pay HMRC last year? Not £40m. Didn’t you say our total profit was £42m last year?

Well corporation tax is 19 or 20% (I can't remember which, which is why I had an FD). so they can recover that. plus some of the 2 previous year and carry more forward. the bottom line here is the sob story about how harsh covid is, is ignoring the fact the club made 200m profit across the previous 3 accounting periods and they can recover loads of those losses from hmrc. we apparenty don't pay dividends. So after such minor losses and such good years before, especially in comparison to out rivals, we are apparently the skintest people on the block. but it's lucky we're clever. yawn. 

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

I think the poster Daisy did. Man City’s situation is not really comparable. It’d be a lot easier to give players extra incentives outside of salary from outside the club, than it would be to get away with including non salary items as remuneration expenses. NI contribution makes sense as part of remuneration as would things like annual leave or sick leave. Agents fees wouldn’t thought and I doubt that’s how we report them. 

So you doubt that's how they report them. Fair enough. So make a reasonable crack at why you think our wage bill is 325m per year. i am happy for you to provide any evidence you can find to support it. Unless you think Gina in the ticket office is earning about 1.2m a year, it's going to be a struggle. 

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

C'mon Bazzer - you said (I think it was you) in another thread that Salah with incentives was trousering 500k most weeks - if that is not competing we probably shouldn't.

I absolutely did not say that, I think it might have been @No2 . I replied saying I believe the players on their 1st contract were highly incentivised, and once they got to contract number 2 it was more about basic wage (this was using the publicised firmino contract from about 4 years ago). Which is actually why I don't think salah is even half of 500k per week. i would guess he does about 200k, plus small bonuses. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Is there a difference between being on the take, and big John just paying 100m a year in wages to himself and the other directors? 

Well, quite.

I have only skim read the last few pages so forgive me if I have missed anything, but why is it so hard to believe that the owners could be paying themselves a wage?

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Was FSG "siphoning" money out of the club when it was the best team in the world?

The question over where wages are going has come up before, yes including when we were the best team in the world.

9 minutes ago, Moo said:

Well, quite.

I have only skim read the last few pages so forgive me if I have missed anything, but why is it so hard to believe that the owners could be paying themselves a wage?

You could also flip that and ask why are some posters so adamant they are?

Without a breakdown by member of staff, we'll never know. So posters talking about this as if it's a fact, is completely daft.

Just now, Scott_M said:

You could also flip that and ask why are some posters so adamant they are?

You can flip it of course but you can do so while answering the original question too.

Doesn't it seem like the most obvious answer?  We do have a very large wage bill especially compared to others, and well, don't most business owners earn money from the business?  Why is it an outlandish suggestion?

1 minute ago, Moo said:

You can flip it of course but you can do so while answering the original question too.

Doesn't it seem like the most obvious answer?  We do have a very large wage bill especially compared to others, and well, don't most business owners earn money from the business?  Why is it an outlandish suggestion?

I don't think so, no. It's well reported we provide players with heavily incentivised contracts and in a period we won everything, I'd expect them to be high.