You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Our timing/luck is lousy....we get on top after years of struggling to get back and instead of reaping the rewards and cashing in big time to kick on and build we are in a situation where we (and everybody else) are losing money hand over fist and financially we are probably no better off than we were before we finally climbed the mountain and we fucking should be....so bad timing/luck.

We should be flying on back of the success - revenues exploding and getting bigger sponsorship deals etc and really cashing in, but this poxy world we now live in has killed it.

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I remember trophies being earned and not bought.

I remember nutmegs and skill not megs and fucking techers.

I remember putting an accumulator in the bookies not typing in my acca.

I remember football fans called Ste and Billy, not Lawrence and Harvey.

I remember footballers not being injured all the time.

I remember dancing in stilettos in the snow.

Things change, some for the better some for the worse.

Ciao!

Marillion rep.

• Upvote 2

Some fucking luck, this. 

Squad is in desperate need of a rebuild in order to challenge again but we’re losing money hand over fist due to the pandemic and at a time whereby we’re almost certain to miss out on the Champions League revenue next season. Throw in our sky high wage bill and it’s not an ideal situation to be in by any stretch. 

We also have the small matter of Allison, Virgil, Fabinho and Salah all being out of contract two years from now and all, I’d assume, will be looking for more wages. Mane and Firmino are also top earners out of contract in 2023, but I’d imagine we’re more relaxed about renewing either of them at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

or we inflate ours and include stuff outside of typical wages. go and look at one of those websites that lists the wages of our players - while no doubt they're not completely accurate, they fit in with the general expected salaries we pay. Then add all those salaries up and they don't cross 200m. i reckon we must include agents fees in with that salary number. We do also include employers NI for sure (in the previous accounts that counted for around 25m iirc). 

as for a 45m loss ... well considering it is a pre-tax loss, so they will be able to recover tax they have paid in previous years, that isn't too bad at all - i am pretty sure they can go back 3 years, so they can probably recover all of that 45m. makes it all the more disturbing we have ben davies and not a footballer in january. 

The most accurate piece of information we have was Bobby's leaked wages. It was from 2017, he was making 70k per week plus 31k for an assist and 75k for a goal. It wouldn’t take a huge jump to expect he is on double that since his last contract. There will be win bonuses and trophy bonuses too. Its really not hard to imagine Mo was earning 500k most weeks for the last 2 years.

It's all speculation but the truth will be revealed next year when only Mo is picking up any type of bonus. I'd expect the wage bill to be at least 100m less.

2 hours ago, Numero said:

In what way are they sucking money out of the club? Which mechanisms are they using? How are they getting away with such a massive financial fraud that would cause people to go to prison if it was found out? 

It is not a criminal conviction to keep your detailed wage list internal

2 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

Some fucking luck, this. 

Squad is in desperate need of a rebuild in order to challenge again but we’re losing money hand over fist due to the pandemic and at a time whereby we’re almost certain to miss out on the Champions League revenue next season. Throw in our sky high wage bill and it’s not an ideal situation to be in by any stretch. 

We also have the small matter of Allison, Virgil, Fabinho and Salah all being out of contract two years from now and all, I’d assume, will be looking for more wages. Mane and Firmino are also top earners out of contract in 2023, but I’d imagine we’re more relaxed about renewing either of them at the moment. 

The financial experts on GOT were right, we're in big doodoo!

26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It is not a criminal conviction to keep your detailed wage list internal

Wages which have been historically reported on as being heavily incentivised increase significantly when significant success is brought to the club. 

Or are you suggesting “the payroll journalists” report our wages are heavily incentivised so Henry and FSG can all skim off the top?

If the latter is why your suggesting, I’m sure we’re front and centre of the protests on Saturday with all the other rabid anti-FSG posters from here.

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Wages which have been historically reported on as being heavily incentivised increase significantly when significant success is brought to the club. 

Or are you suggesting “the payroll journalists” report our wages are heavily incentivised so Henry and FSG can all skim off the top?

If the latter is why your suggesting, I’m sure we’re front and centre of the protests on Saturday with all the other rabid anti-FSG posters from here.

You are such a bellend

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You are such a bellend

Clearly tell me what your suggesting then with comments on FSG taking money from us and our reported wages are inaccurate?

Seems fairly bold but baseless claims. 

If you’re suggesting FSG take money from our wages pool, then surely you protested?

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The Inland revenue would appear not to agree with you. We made 42m last year, 125m the year before and 40m the year before that. That's a profit of over 200m in the previous 3 accounting periods. 

Screenshot_20210427-130327.jpg

We’re talking about to carrying back trading losses here aren’t we? So this page is probably more relevant IMO.

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/company-taxation-manual/ctm04510

Losses may only be carried back against profits of a preceding accounting period if the company was carrying on the trade (in which the loss was incurred) at some time in that accounting period.

The preceding period is usually the twelve months preceding the accounting period in which the loss is incurred. A temporary extension to this rule was introduced by FA09/S23. This extended the loss carry back to 3 years for accounting periods ending between 24 November 2008 and 23 November 2010. After carry back to the preceding year, a maximun of £50,000 of unused losses was available for carry back to the previous two years.

They’ve increased it again for Covid, but the net impact is only additional £800k max.

https://home.kpmg/uk/en/home/insights/2021/03/tmd-temporary-extension-to-carry-back-of-trading-losses.html

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Clearly tell me what your suggesting then with comments on FSG taking money from us and our reported wages are inaccurate?

Seems fairly bold but baseless claims. 

If you’re suggesting FSG take money from our wage pool the surely you protested?

You know I sit somewhere in the middle on this issue. I believe FSG have done some good things but also some shockers so I'm not being argumentative here but do you think the sums add up and why? Where have our profits gone,increasing wages,longer contracts etc?

24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You know I sit somewhere in the middle on this issue. I believe FSG have done some good things but also some shockers so I'm not being argumentative here but do you think the sums add up and why? Where have our profits gone,increasing wages,longer contracts etc?

Believe it or not, I’m in the middle as well. Like you, I think they’ve done some good and there are obvious areas of improvements. See my auto signature linked post for my thoughts on these.

However, posters just making shit up again and again and then passing them off as truth is just absolutely pathetic. However, when you call out these posters, you get insulted and called the crazy one. 

Anyway, whatevs. 

I’m not an expert is the accounts, nor do I pretend to be. I also certainly won’t be coming in here making wild and baseless claims against everybody at the club. 

However, reading the Athletic article and what’s on the official website, nothing stands out to me as highly questionable. It all seems to make sense.

We’ve lost out on Premiership money, CL money, paid more in wages, paid some of the training ground off, lost income from matches. I don’t think any of that is debatable. 

You could query each individual figure, but none of us here are qualified to do that. 

17 minutes ago, an tha said:

Probably at our all time high for actual turnover and value of club - but in bad shape financially/skint.

I don’t understand all the figures. Obviously on the surface, they don’t look good.

I think it depends how things look this time next year. 

* We’ll have an extra £28m from the TV deal.

* Our CL money will be up next at year.

* The Nike deal will kick in.  

* We will be saying we’ve lost c.£85m in gate receipts. 

* This Redball whatever kicks in.

* CL be without CL football. 

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Assuming you were front and centre at the protest on Saturday?

You're a gobshite mate.

You and your ilk are the reason we've just had a season like this and the years of garbage in-between. You are systematic of the fall in high standards over the years that this Club used to thrive on. 

You're the sort of fan that just can't abide any criticism of the club whatsoever. You are the reason we don't win trophies year in year out.

From top to bottom, I think only Jurgen and some of the players can hold their heads up as true winners with the standard we need. We have owners who are fair-weather, winning is a bonus, but not essential, money and profit is paramount as witnessed by the amount of investment we've had into the squad over the years culminating in this disaster. 

I want owners who want to win competitions first, not second. Im happy if we are not successful but are seen to give a toss about winning. Watching Jurgen have to prioritise is embarrasing for a Club of our stature.

I'm not sure how this lot have managed to keep their heads above water after all the shit they've pulled, but here we are again with people like you who are happy to endorse them, a little over a week after pulling our name through the mud and throwing our manager under the bus. I seem to remember your stirling defence of Origi last year who has done the square root of fuck all too.

Sums you up.

• Upvote 3

Surely everyone is in the same boat, lost revenue wise, if not worse, apart from probably United City and Chelsea. I think alot of clubs will have alot of players they won't be shifting because the arse has fallen out of their value and they won't be prepared to write them off in their accounts. Could see a fair few loans happening around Europe

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

How do we have a bigger wage bill than Man United. They pay players 350k a week. 

If you add back the lost revenue, we would have only just about made a profit - in a year when we didn't buy anyone. Yet people believe FSG aren't sucking money out 

If we assume that the below links are relatively close to the real wage bills;

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/payroll/

This has United about 40 million ahead of us, so with Performance based payments it does sort of make sense how we would have paid out more than United.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If we assume that the below links are relatively close to the real wage bills;

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/payroll/

This has United about 40 million ahead of us, so with Performance based payments it does sort of make sense how we would have paid out more than United.

The accounts are fully audited isn’t it, one would hope that EY would’ve covered salary expense recognition comprehensively in their testing, given that’s likely our largest expense type. 

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You're a gobshite mate.

You and your ilk are the reason we've just had a season like this and the years of garbage in-between. You are systematic of the fall in high standards over the years that this Club used to thrive on. 

You're the sort of fan that just can't abide any criticism of the club whatsoever. You are the reason we don't win trophies year in year out.

From top to bottom, I think only Jurgen and some of the players can hold their heads up as true winners with the standard we need. We have owners who are fair-weather, winning is a bonus, but not essential, money and profit is paramount as witnessed by the amount of investment we've had into the squad over the years culminating in this disaster. 

I want owners who want to win competitions first, not second. Im happy if we are not successful but are seen to give a toss about winning. Watching Jurgen have to prioritise is embarrasing for a Club of our stature.

I'm not sure how this lot have managed to keep their heads above water after all the shit they've pulled, but here we are again with people like you who are happy to endorse them, a little over a week after pulling our name through the mud and throwing our manager under the bus. I seem to remember your stirling defence of Origi last year who has done the square root of fuck all too.

Sums you up.

In a season with no supporters, its supporters like me who are the problem. Absolute Classic. 

People who endorse them? I like to think I call it as I see it. Read the hyperlink in my auto signature for proof. I wasn't happy about last week, but I wasn't somebody who was super outraged either. The whole ESL was a sham, from every single club. Unfortunately we were one of them. I didn't like the concept of a closed shop, but I also have no love for UEFA picking finals in the most difficult places imaginable, giving shit allocations, charging extortionate prices, costing supporters fortunes and treating supporters like shit. I fully think something needs to change in football, the ESL just wasn't it.

I would like you to post this mythical defence of Origi from me please, because I can assure you it's never happened. I was happy for him to stay after Madrid but he's contributed nothing since. I was clear in the summer I'd contribute to his statue but it's time to go and I still feel that way. But hey, continue telling porky pies long enough and it becomes the truth, right?

The only interaction I've had with you today is over the protest. So I'll ask again, seeing the eyes of the world were on the ESL clubs at the weekend and you had an opportunity to go and protest about FSG and have your message seen and heard, did you do it? Yes or no.

If yes, regardless of my feelings on the matter, fair play to you for backing up words with actions.

If no (which I strongly suggest is the answer), on a forum where posters have been to David Moores' house and the Court case v Hick & Gillett, I think you and your fellow Anti-FSGers need to wind your neck in because you had a chance to stand up for what you believe and did fuck all.