You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

15 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

There are two 50+1 approaches they are calling for.

The immediate one is to do with giving season ticket holders a say and I'm not talking about dropping Firmino. The shareholding one is when they become available see #3. I think what is discussed happens in Germany and Spain maybe elsewhere. So it is far more controversial politically in the UK than culturally within global football. 

#2 EMPOWER SUPPORTERS WITH IMMEDIATE 50+1 LAW

Given the threat to our clubs remains real, we need to provide immediate safeguards for supporters to be able to act to protect the best interests of their clubs. We call on the Government to legislate to require all English clubs to secure a 51% majority of their registered season ticket holders on any major decision that fundamentally affects the club’s identity or future (for instance: a change of competition or league; a change of home ground; a change of name, club colours or badge)

#3 CREATE A LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORK TO PROMOTE GREATER SUPPORTER OWNERSHIP OF CLUBS, MOVING TOWARDS THE GERMAN 50+1 MODEL

While we can’t move to a German model overnight, we call on the Government and the game’s authorities to adopt it as the long-term direction and create a legislative framework to support it. Where clubs shares are being sold, either by shareholders or through new share issues, the legislation should require vendors to make shares available on a first refusal basis to recognised, democratically-controlled supporters’ trusts. This rule would apply until trusts own 51% of club shares. The effect would mean that any prospective owner would need the consent of the supporters.

The Government should consider other tax and financial incentives to help trusts build up the shareholding.

Good stuff.

Doubt #2 will happen since the largest company in the league is publicly traded with 24% on NYSE.

Also while checking that figure I noticed that Rock of Gibraltar is not mentioned in either McManus nor Magnier's wiki entries.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Also, does anyone know what's happened to Tony Barrett? Haven't heard much from him in over a year. His Twitter still says he's at the club, but as he hasn't posted since 2019 I'm guessing that might not be the case.

No crowds.

1FC4770FBE5AB5BEFB55D4DC25EC853E.JPG

Reading a lot of nonsense online about imposing punishment on the 6 clubs and a new ownership model - I think fans of other teams seem to think that if you remove greed from the game through new ownerships models the money remains! 

If we implement a model similar to Germany - then the bottom half of the Premiership can kiss goodbye to their £30m strikers, and £100m squads. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

"we’re trying to work in your club’s best interests. In this endeavour I’ve let you down."

John Henry quoted in the Grauniad.

No,  you mendacious arsehole. You were interested only in trousering even more cash

I found that "your club" business interesting too. Was this some type of we're just your custodians line, we're here only for you? They've never behaved in that way before. Just aloof cunts sitting in Boston counting the cash. I fucking despise them. I'm starting to despise them even more than Hicks and Gillette. At least they were in plain sight which made them an easier target. Not like these manipulative cunts. 

Incompetent cunts of the highest order. 

Surrendered our title with no fight by not backing Klopp in the transfer window. 

Allowing Gini to leave when he's a key player for Klopp. 

Signing bargain basement championship players who haven't seen the light of day just to sell in the summer for a bit of profit. 

Spent close to fuck all for almost 3 years now and are so short sighted that its going to cost us a champions League place for next season. 

And have made the entire club look like fools by trying to take us into this ESL shite and effectively trying to steal the club away from the fans and local community. 

And finally "Legacy Fans"

Just sell up, take your massive profit and fuck off back to dixie. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

"we’re trying to work in your club’s best interests. In this endeavour I’ve let you down."

John Henry quoted in the Grauniad.

No,  you mendacious arsehole. You were interested only in trousering even more cash

Yeah I'm sure every extra penny would be spent on the squad or stadium 

On 22/04/2021 at 06:42, 3 Stacks said:

There's no "project" if you're not in the Champions League. Liverpool can't sign the level of player of a van Dijk without it. He'd have found another project. 

This is rubbish. United signed Pogba without CL. I can name numerous other examples too. 

41 minutes ago, aRdja said:

This is rubbish. United signed Pogba without CL. I can name numerous other examples too. 

United could do that for financial and reputational reasons, we couldn't. Before our rebirth as a top club since 2019, we could never sign top players, at top prices without the Champions League. Someone like van Dijk,  coveted by City and Chelsea, and at a price at the top of the market, never would have signed for us.

Now we have cachet, so missing out for a year shouldn't matter too much in terms of attractiveness, but that was not the case 5 or so years ago. Anyway, this is a tired debate. We were talking about this in like 2016.

Keep seeing this shit, get out, sell up

Who do you think has the 2 billion to make them a offer they'll except another hedge fund, a dodgy russian,chinese gangster or a some more oil men with the human rights abuses they bring. There are no Jack Walkers that will pump money in anymore and even if there was a Jack Walker he wouldn't have even close to enough money to buy the club and fund the players people want. If people just want success and will deal with dodgy cunts at the top then fair play but just fucking say it. 

You are not going to get the best of all worlds anymore.

By all accounts we have 24 players earning over 50k a week

Over 140ml is spent on the base wages of the squad alone, then add Klopp and the coaches etc. 

They likely should be spending more and they are not putting their own money in but this was something that they said all along and people were just saying great we don't want to be City. Now im not the biggest fan of them but £70ml or so was spent last summer. But we spent it on a back up LB that hasn't started a league game, a midfielder that got injured and has struggled to cope and a forward that looks great but missed a few months by playing in a meaningless game. Without Covid hitting the world and fucking up the football calendar and without the injuries that screwed the balance of the side up we would likely be neck and neck with City for a second title and maybe in another European Semi final and very likely looking at a 3rd final in a row. 

Everything that could have gone wrong has and we have not reacted well on or off the pitch. The players look dead mentally and physically. The club fucked up massively by not having a CB signed and ready to join Jan 1st, the players have been unbelievable poor since the covid break and lack of fans in the stadium. The owners take some of the blame for the off field stuff and the recent stupidity of the ESL but if you think any new owners we had wouldn't have signed up for the ESL you are nuts, all these clubs whinging and wanting point deductions are just playing to the gallery like the wankers in Government, everyone of them would sign up in a instant. 

To be honest all the crap from Rotheram and the other guy about forcing fan ownership, i would rather he shut the fuck up and actually held the government to account for the shit they are doing rather than getting involved in the cheap point scoring with football fans. You and the whole Labour party have been a fucking disgrace for over a decade of infighting and being maybe the worst opposition this country has seen in living memory. But you hardly say a word, but the chance to run your mouth about football and appease the masses and there you are calling for fan ownership, when they know the chances of getting that past any court is pretty much non existent. Forcing people to sell 49% of a bussiness they owned would cause all sorts of shit to happen outside of football. Shut the fuck up and do your job as a MP/Major and take the cunts who are leaving kids in poverty while handing out to mates and family billions of pounds in dodgy contracts.

Anyway FSG are not great, but we had far far worse and any sale will just be too whoever fronts the most money and they'll be just and probably more fucking shady than these lot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Lee, Labour have had a bit on football ownership in their election manifestos for around a decade. The focus has been on good governance and supporters trusts to get stakes in football clubs. The sound argument put forward has long been that football is incapable of regulating itself. It needs people whose sole aim isn't growth to have an influence or veto. This is why we are where we are today. A sport with Oligarchs, Hedge Fund owners and Sheikhs dictating the terms of how football evolves. 

But @Denny Crane the governing model of Liverpool hasn't changed since the club's founding has it?  The club has always been owned by a variety of rich people and governed by a board made up of these rich people.  In the past there have been different majority shareholders, right now it's FSG.

I think there would have been an outside chance of majority fan ownership at the price that Moores sold at - plus he might have been persuaded into it rather than looking to maximise his cash out - but it would have needed to be managed by the club itself and not competing supporters groups.  Unfortunately at the time the club board and Parry had no vision whatsoever, and couldn't even keep the season ticket waiting list on a computer.  Never mind being able to organise a membership scheme. 

The only way we're getting a different ownership model now is if the club goes bust or you have a time machine.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Grammar errors aside not a bad shot across their bows...

EzmqBDgWQAUI6lw?format=jpg&name=large

If you're going to be asking for a seat on the board, it would be helpful to have that read over by a primary school teacher 1st. It just makes them look daft and illustrates why they shouldn't have a seat. I fuck up with that type of thing all the time , but I wouldn't be releasing a public statement asking for the seat on the board of a company while typing on my phone on the bog, which pretty much is how that reads. 

3 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

I thought a new corporate structure was required but here he walks through the steps. 

Personally I think that is way too simplistic. Every company has its own articles of association and memorandum of association which can define the objectives and purpose of the company. It doesn't seem impossible to me within this for there to be board members who's objective it is is to ensure any financial decisions made by the club are not to the detriment of the sport as a whole or the customer base - or even the club can't act outside the broader interests of the game. This may not exist today (in fact I would feel certain it doesn't), but these articles can be changed. 

What needs to be remembered though is having a seat at the boardroom table is not always enough. By all accounts Billy Hogan found out about this on Sunday with everyone else. He is our CEO. I'm not sure how that is possible (that he doesn't know) - but again, we don't know how decision making is defined within the club. Not every contract signed needs board aporoval. 

The club has mechanisms today to get the thoughts of the supporters. They litterally don't give a fuck. It didn't take a genius to know what the reaction in the wider game was going to be. They did it anyway. Because they can. 1 seat on the board won't fix this. Different memorandum of association might - but why would they change them? They don't give a fuck. 

The bottom line here is the owners will do what the fuck they want unless the law says otherwise. There's ways around absolutely everything until there isn't and that is fixed in law. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

But @Denny Crane the governing model of Liverpool hasn't changed since the club's founding has it?  The club has always been owned by a variety of rich people and governed by a board made up of these rich people.

Not exactly true. Liverpool were in existence for over 90 years until the FA changed rule 34. There was actual legislation that restricted director pay, dividends, selling grounds and benefiting financially from selling a club.

I have David Conns book somewhere. I will dig it up and copy a few pages and upload later today or tommorow. 

• Upvote 1

How exactly does fan ownership work? I don't want fans directly involved in the day to day decision making process - elect a president and judge them on their performance, but that is it. A cursory glance at this forum alone highlights that every time we elect a president there will be about 10 thousand candidates! I am of the view that it is better to curtail the current owners powers through government legislation than get new owners at the moment. 

There is an unrealistic expectation on the owners - spend millions on transfers but don't increase ticket prices, and stop with the commercial side. The increase in value of the club and therefore the increase in value of their asset should come from improving the club as a whole - as they have done to be fair - not increasing ticket prices, or signing up for super leagues. I still think the TV rights, especially international is up for discussion and, we absolutely should be selfish over that. 

I am not going to say 'grass Isn't always greener' and just accept them, I think they need their wings clipped - but, United moved from PLC to the Glazers. Without Government regulation and a serious commitment to a genuine fit and proper rule - I think better the devil you know is a fair approach. 

Before the next tv deal the Big 6 need to get another few clubs on board regarding negotiating their own deals. The lesser clubs are hypocrites just as much, the relegated clubs received £100m from broadcasting etc the £40m in parachute payments in the first year, £30 the second. How is that fair on the other Championship clubs? I understand money talks in the PL but you should live within your means as a lower club who are not big TV draws. It’s dog eat dog unfortunately, not good but true.