You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

44 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I'm a bit confused if I am honest. I can't quite find a way forward, get rid of them and we get the same, do nothing they don't get better. Ask for them to get better people think you are forgiving them. 

I think all owners are cunts. They are here for money. Unless that culture changes - I don't see what will change. They are not Hicks and Gillett, those two were quite happy for the club to disappear to make a few million - FSG never did that. But, lets not forget Parry and Moores were red's, they genuinely had the best of the club at their hearts - and yet they failed us by selling to Hicks and Gillett! As I have said elsewhere FSG hit us personally this time - they viewed us as a hindrance and seemed quite happy to leave us behind and I suppose you can argue that that is just as bad really? 

If the government changes come in - they will sell anyway. If they don't, then I'm not sure what to do. Just do what we've always done and go the game. Maybe not praising them, not engaging with their shit is the best way forward at the moment. 

Yes, the entire game needs structural changes. Swapping one group of hateful billionaires for another isn't going to fix anything.

And the only way that could possibly be changed is through collective organisation between fans of different clubs. Which won't happen. Paddy Power culture isn't going to go away any time soon, in football or wider society.

Looks like whatever lingering goodwill (can't think of a better word) remains is overwhelmingly centred around the fear of getting somebody worse (and there definitely are worse, to be fair). That's not a particularly encouraging position to be in, as a football club.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

Looks like whatever lingering goodwill (can't think of a better word) remains is overwhelmingly centred around the fear of getting somebody worse (and there definitely are worse, to be fair). That's not a particularly encouraging position to be in, as a football club.

IMO there are no buyers at what the club is valued at.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

So, what's going on? We forcing them out, or what? What's the vibe?

We want them out, as long as we get to pick who the buyer is.

Unfortunately there's no mythical scouse billionaire waiting for his chance to shine. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Elite said:

Back Jurgen in the summer and they can salvage this shit. History tells us they won't though.

Back him with what.  We’ve lost shit loads of money due to the pandemic He/FSG won’t just give us money for transfers this was the way to generate money needed for the club.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Unfortunately there's no mythical scouse billionaire waiting for his chance to shine. 

Yes, because being Scouse gets you beyond corruption just ask chippy tits.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Back Jurgen in the summer and they can salvage this shit. History tells us they won't though.

And herein in lies the problem with football fans. Not directed at the poster but the sentiment it speaks of. Instead of football fans realising the power of the collective and looking to change things across the board for the better of everyone we will all now just look within our own ranks and be satiated by fickle things like transfer war-chests and trophy challenges. 

• Upvote 1

Nice of John Henry to give us 2 and half minutes of his time.

John Barnes speaks more sense in 7 minutes that most 'pundits' do in 7 years.

FSG will not walk away from the club until the get MORE than their valuation.

That isn't going to happen. Probably ever.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

And herein in lies the problem with football fans. Not directed at the poster but the sentiment it speaks of. Instead of football fans realising the power of the collective and looking to change things across the board for the better of everyone we will all now just look within our own ranks and be satiated by fickle things like transfer war-chests and trophy challenges. 

Because the 'collective' thing never works, it might solve one problem but creates another.

The greed that's infested the game isn't going away.

I'm all for change but it's not going to happen. I want us to be successful on the pitch, it's that simple. If FSG make that a reality, I'm happy. Sadly they won't though. Well, for a prolonged period.

I noticed everyone patting the back of the German owners - especially Rummenigge for his stance - but, what seems to have been ignored is his comments last night - which were basically 'yeah, it is a shit show but I wonder if Jurgen would be unsettled, that'll be good for us'! 

Nobody pulled him, or mentioned his comments - which were a bit tasteless I felt, just ignored what he actually meant and inferred what they wanted from him. Bayern Munich will win their 8th straight title, probably it'll turn into 10, maybe 11, 12 or more! At what point do you stop and ask 'is this right'?

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Grovelling has started....

https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_2lpzjyjc/

It wasn't really grovelling was it? The echo are well pissed off with them, took him apart word for word almost. They just be upset they found out about this even after chapel Street. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Sorry for hiking the ticket prices. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for furloughing the staff. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for trying to ruin football. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Wonder what the next apology will be for?

Fuck off FSG.

Don't forget the pricks tring to copyright all liverbirds and the word Liverpool and trying to put all the independent badge and t-shirt sellers  out of business. They're nothing but a bunch of cunts who'd sell their ma for a dime. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

New Owners will at least have to acknowledge from the very start that if we concede a late equalising goal to West Brom then its on them

46 minutes ago, m0e said:

Nice of John Henry to give us 2 and half minutes of his time.

John Barnes speaks more sense in 7 minutes that most 'pundits' do in 7 years.

FSG will not walk away from the club until the get MORE than their valuation.

That isn't going to happen. Probably ever.

Barnes was excellent on Talksport this morning.

Everyone should listen to it. I thought they were going to cut him off at one point

You don't have to get fan ownership to handicap owners. Independent regulator, windfall taxes, visa changes and tweaks in taxation policy can drastically change the landscape of football ownership. 

The "big six" have managed to be on the wrongside of their natural allies in free market politicians at maybe the wrong time. This is Brexit Britain and they are looking at inflaming nationalistic instincts. 

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Like all the biggest revenue/salary leagues in the world, the Premeirship should regulate itself via wage cap/salary taxation if it truly wants to promote parity. 

The fact is, it doesn't want that.

I'm pretty sure that was tried in the past and violated EU law. Obviously that may be different going forward, but as it stands at the moment I think UK law just completely replicates what was there from the EU and will continue to do so until it is picked off little by little.