You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fair play to him for coming out with his tail between his legs and apologising. Cunt of a PR disaster. 

What a ducking cunt.  You didn't need to do what they've done to find out Liverpool supporters wouldn't like their sport being finished off.  The games already dying but it would be nice if Liverpool wasn't one of the clubs to take a sleedgehamner to it. 

2 hours ago, coachpotato said:

This is a government that believes in the kind of shit the ESL was trying to pull. Their ethos is exactly the same, protect the rich and powerful who then give them funds to keep on protecting the rich and powerful. The only reason they’ve come out and condemned it was because potentially some of their paymasters stood to lose out financially. There’ll be no German model in this country, it doesn’t suit them.

Yep,exactly.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

This is the thing - Peter Moores, Christian Purslow, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle...whoever else would have all had their club doing the same thing as Henry did. 

The communication from FSG was poor, as was it was from every ESL side about from that crackpot Florentino Perez. 

I’m not saying it’s right, and I’m not advocating it. It just brings home we don’t have the higher morals like to think we do over other clubs, we’re exactly the same.  

When you say 'We' you are speaking about the owners?

FSG have always been cheap greedy bastards and to me, anyone saying otherwise has been deluding themselves.

This latest shameful episode is typical of FSG so I don't feel any different about them now than I did four days ago.  So unless there's a generous multibillionaire  Liverpool supporter waiting in the wings I do not want FSG out.

If they become even more greedy and cheap and start brazenly fleecing/stripping the club then that will be a different matter.

Sorry for hiking the ticket prices. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for furloughing the staff. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for trying to ruin football. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Wonder what the next apology will be for?

Fuck off FSG.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yep,exactly.

Brexit Britain and Covid are contributing us to being in an interventionist cycle. I mean spurs and arsenal got massive loans off the government. It might not fit with their economics but does fit with flag waving and sticking one up at johnny foreigner. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Sorry for hiking the ticket prices. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for furloughing the staff. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for trying to ruin football. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Wonder what the next apology will be for?

Fuck off FSG.

They may be thundercunts but they really didn't try to ruin something that's been ruined for a couple of decades now. They merely tried to ringfence their little piece of it.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Denny Crane said:

Brexit Britain and Covid are contributing us to being in an interventionist cycle. I mean spurs and arsenal got massive loans off the government. It might not fit with their economics but does fit with flag waving and sticking one up at johnny foreigner. 

Spurs and Arsenal are situated in London.West Ham also basically got a free stadium. I wonder where West Ham are situated?

Best owners we've had for 30 years until this point.

Saved our club from G+H.

Anfield revamped.

New training centre.

First title for 30 years.

Another big ears.

Best coach in world football for our club.

Turned us into a serious team/club.

But this has been an epic failure. Apology is a start but I thought they'd learned their lesson during the ticket price hike debacle. Speculators gonna speculate, I guess. Always wondered why these rich fucks don't ever say "I've got $400 billion now, think I'll kick back and enjoy it" But no, it's always "I've got $400 billion now but I want $402 billion.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Spurs and Arsenal are situated in London.West Ham also basically got a free stadium. I wonder where West Ham are situated?

Only a few years ago a Tory government publicly attacking private ownership on this scale would have been unheard of. They might get away with empty rhetoric but they may well have opened up a can of worms. Who knows where a fan-led review would end up. 

21 minutes ago, TheRedMachine said:

Best owners we've had for 30 years until this point.

Saved our club from G+H.

Anfield revamped.

New training centre.

First title for 30 years.

Another big ears.

Best coach in world football for our club.

Turned us into a serious team/club.

But this has been an epic failure. Apology is a start but I thought they'd learned their lesson during the ticket price hike debacle. Speculators gonna speculate, I guess. Always wondered why these rich fucks don't ever say "I've got $400 billion now, think I'll kick back and enjoy it" But no, it's always "I've got $400 billion now but I want $402 billion.

They've never learnt their lesson with the fans.  Never.

It's happened time and time and time again.

They are - to use an old Croatian proverb - the cow that gives you 25 litres of milk, but then knocks over the pail with her hind leg.  Better the one that gives you 5 litres that stay intact.

They're a pain in the arse.

The caveats against their "achievements" - they're accidental tourists as far as Liverpool FC is concerned - are many.  They deserve scant praise.

They don't "get" us - they don't "get" 6 Big Ears - they don't "get" No 19.

They're in it for themselves.

And while that's fine and understandable in the "modern world", as a supporter, you are entitled to reserve the right to simply say - if you feel like it - fuck 'em.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They may be thundercunts but they really didn't try to ruin something that's been ruined for a couple of decades now. They merely tried to ringfence their little piece of it.

Is right.

They're running a business and have investors.  They will not put their own money in for transfers and nor should they.  They’ve just tried to do something that would generate the club a shit tonne of money whilst actually implementing FFP.  The masses wanted the bastardised Champions league a non FFP league and Sky charging fortunes to watch West Brom vs Burnley.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It does make me wonder, given how Klopp didn’t know and the how the whole thing was super secret, why they didn’t canvas opinion beforehand?

Likely because 1.) they knew they would get some shit for it, probably not to this degree, especially from our own fans but shit nonetheless, and 1a.) something of this magnitude would leak if you brought in focus groups or some other shit like that to study the reaction so those involved wanted to make sure they were going to stick together as a block.

Then all of the English clubs capitulated to Sky and the fan frenzy (some organic to be sure but a lot media driven in my opinion), lead by the two who were only there because they wanted their seat at the top table even if it meant they had to throw the old heads a bone by giving them some semblance of competitive parity.

7 minutes ago, J-V said:

Is right.

They're running a business and have investors.  They will not put their own money in for transfers and nor should they.  They’ve just tried to do something that would generate the club a shit tonne of money whilst actually implementing FFP.  The masses wanted the bastardised Champions league a non FFP league and Sky charging fortunes to watch West Brom vs Burnley.

Exactly, but this way UEFA, Sky, et all can perpetuate the illusion that West Brom or Burnley have a real chance at winning the CL one day. Even though the reformation that's been announced means they conceivably will be passed over for one of the historic teams even if they should qualify.

FSG have let the mask slip this week. I've been willing to say they have the club's success and best interests at heart but this statement from Henry (plus the furlough and ticket pricing fiasco) have absolutely left their true intentions exposed. 

I hope the club's future success amongst the playing and coaching staff isn't affected long term by this but I have a feeling it will as Klopp has done really well given his resources. But it's obvious now FSG are just interested in bang for their buck rather than long term success. 

One for the truly shitness of modern football, scruff behaviour and signs of cuntiness threads. 

Well done, John.

The confusing thing for FSG, is they spend what they earn. 

The fans complain, well spend more.

FSG say we have come up with a way of earning/spending more. The fans will be made up.

The fans complain and say the only way to get past this is to spend more.

Not a defense but I think it makes sense from a logical point of view.

I just refuse to believe not a single club did any sort of in house survey on the reaction to this.

Either they didn't which is astounding arrogance on their part 

Or they did, figured people would get over themselves, which is astounding arrogance on their part.

Or they didn't knowing precisely what the reaction would be, figured people would get over themselves, which is astounding arrogance on their part.

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I don’t agree.  While football has been a mess for quite a while, it was still competitive in that 99% of matches had a material affect on a team. This project would have resulted in a load of games between big clubs with absolutely no negative outcome. It would literally not matter if you won or lost.  And on top of that, our reason to exist, our wine at the banquet, the European Cup, was gone for ever.  Nah, this one killed football. If this had gone ahead it would have changed football forever. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I don’t agree.  While football has been a mess for quite a while, it was still competitive in that 99% of matches had a material affect on a team. This project would have resulted in a load of games between big clubs with absolutely no negative outcome. It would literally not matter if you won or lost.  And on top of that, our reason to exist, our wine at the banquet, the European Cup, was gone for ever.  Nah, this one killed football. If this had gone ahead it would have changed football forever. 

If you think football is competative for all but a handfull of clubs then you're kidding yourself.

These cunts only see success as figures on the balance sheet and on pitch success is secondary or means very little to them. 

The fact they have given Klopp close to fuck all to spend the past 2 years and allowed us to meekly surrender our title by not spending shows you what they are all about. 

Yes they have done some really positive things such as the ground, training complex ect however they have failed in their number 1 responsibility and that is backing the manager.

30 years to win that title and they just surrender it like its nothing. We should have ramped up recruitment as soon as we won No 6 and reinforced the squad to ensure we remained competitive on all fronts. But they decided to kick back pat themselves on the back and signal mission accomplished. 

• Upvote 7