You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve said something similar to this in the past and again yesterday and I fully agree with scrapping the EL.

Drop the EL group stages. Have a 64 team group stage. Top 16 or 32 clubs play for the CL, the next 16 or 32 clubs play for the UEFA Cup and even now, the bottom 16 play for the Conference Cup.

That would allow 7 or 8 English clubs to qualify for it each season and how well you do is based on merit. 

Allow some sort of weighting to the TV deal (ie a group game of PSG v Man Utd gets more revenue than Prague v Salzburg or something) and clubs to organise their own sponsorship deals for the games and boom, done, simples 

Project Big Picture should also come into play. Bin off the League Cup, have more CL Group games. Reduce the Premiership to 18 sides. 

I don't disagree with any of that but the last bit is impossible. That is the big clubs issue, anything that takes money away from the smaller clubs, i.e. less teams in the premier, is voted down by said smaller clubs, so it will never happen. 

They all vote in their own interests, but the set up now favours the smaller clubs and status quo. This breakaway is an extreme way to push it the other way.

I would imagine, but don't know, it is the same with TV rights for I dividual games. Plus UEFA would want their fingers in the sponsorship deals pie. 

Therein is the issue. Something has to give, but what ? 

31 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I don't disagree with any of that but the last bit is impossible. That is the big clubs issue, anything that takes money away from the smaller clubs, i.e. less teams in the premier, is voted down by said smaller clubs, so it will never happen. 

They all vote in their own interests, but the set up now favours the smaller clubs and status quo. This breakaway is an extreme way to push it the other way.

I would imagine, but don't know, it is the same with TV rights for I dividual games. Plus UEFA would want their fingers in the sponsorship deals pie. 

Therein is the issue. Something has to give, but what ? 

No idea how they’d get round it.

Threaten a Super Duper Premiership break away?

They need to get out of our club ASAP now in my opinion.

I appreciate that could mean a bumpy ride whilst they find a buyer and make the sale, and we'll suffer no doubt in short term with chronic lack of funding....but time is up now.

You greedy bastards - Get out of our club.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

They need to get out of our club ASAP now in my opinion.

I appreciate that could mean a bumpy ride whilst they find a buyer and make the sale, and we'll suffer no doubt in short term with chronic lack of funding....but time is up now.

You greedy bastards - Get out of our club.

Let’s be honest though, the options are a murderous regime, leveraged buy-out merchant or someone else with exactly the same risk-averse mindset of FSG.

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Let’s be honest though, the options are a murderous regime, leveraged buy-out merchant or someone else with exactly the same risk-averse mindset of FSG.

If the risk averse mind set don't also drag out name through the mud like these then it will be an improvement.

12 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The actions of the Leeds fans and players is exactly the kind of shit that will push a proportion of our fans to get behind the ESL.

Would be hillarious if City and Chelsea walk from the 12 and become the saviours of the Premier League. Can picture their PR machines sticking the blame on others. We're committed to East Manchester bla bla bla.

Turns out it’s not hilarious!

• Upvote 3

They are just utterly clueless cunts if they thought this was going to go down well eith the fans. The European cup is ingrained into our clubs DNA and after owning us for over 10 years they should know that. 

The league is our bread and butter but the European cup is the desert. 

Utter fucking clowns of the highest order. 

17 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

They are just utterly clueless cunts if they thought this was going to go down well eith the fans. The European cup is ingrained into our clubs DNA and after owning us for over 10 years they should know that. 

The league is our bread and butter but the European cup is the desert. 

Utter fucking clowns of the highest order. 

It's unbelievable that successful businessmen with loads of well paid advisors can fuck everything up so often. 

On 19/04/2021 at 14:06, Doctor Troy said:

I still saw posts on Twitter last night saying "we would be nowhere if they hadn't have bought us"

Was it LFD? I had to unfollow him today, I could not take the FSG excuses anymore. 

• Upvote 1