You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t like it either, but what’s the alternative? Raise £1.6bn to buy 51% of the club. Unfortunately, it’s not gonna happen.

They wouldn't sell 51% of the club, especially if the objective was to do commercially counter-intuitive things that would make their remaining 49% worth less. So fans would have to raise billions to buy the club, then be happy with the club being financially left behind by the super-clubs. I haven't read too much into this, I haven't seen the reason why a few are saying they've killed the club or how it's now imperative that they're overthrown - or whatever else - but I assume they're the ring leaders in all of this? If not, it would be an interesting expectation for any owner of a current big club to miss the boat on a super league. It would likely shrink the value of the club by a bloody lot, and relegate the club to being second tier in status. Like I say, I've not really seen the proposals in any depth. What I do know is that football seems rotten to the core and has been for a long time. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, lifetime fan said:

It isn’t, and never should have been a defence of them. 

It’s not a defence, it’s just the reality of the considerations that need to be made when calling for them to be fucked off. The reality might well suck arseholes, but who could we possibly get to buy the club for a cool three or four billion - or whatever insane number it would take - and then miss the gravy train of a super league when the big clubs. On the face of it it seems that the expectation is for the club or a new owner to happily sit by and become a second tier football club, devalue itself, and drift into irrelevance on principle. 

I’m genuinely not sure how to react to the news. I’ve heard a lot of people state how shit it is and how it’s the end of football and they’re all greedy cunts. Nobody has really stated why it’s the end of football, not just a different shade of the shit that’s there now. The closed loop is still a closed loop. Maybe it’ll be completely shit, maybe it will be the end of football. I’m certainly not taking the words of Boris or the money men who currently control football though. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Got this as a forward... There will be a riot if Klopp walks away

IMG-20210419-WA0011.jpg

What a bizarre piece of fanfiction. @_Sadio_Escobar probably wanks to the idea Klopp would quit and then he'd use his tears to wank some more if it was to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

It’s not a defence, it’s just the reality of the considerations that need to be made when calling for them to be fucked off. The reality might well suck arseholes, but who could we possibly get to buy the club for a cool three or four billion - or whatever insane number it would take - and then miss the gravy train of a super league when the big clubs. On the face of it it seems that the expectation is for the club or a new owner to happily sit by and become a second tier football club, devalue itself, and drift into irrelevance on principle. 

I’m genuinely not sure how to react to the news. I’ve heard a lot of people state how shit it is and how it’s the end of football and they’re all greedy cunts. Nobody has really stated why it’s the end of football, not just a different shade of the shit that’s there now. The closed loop is still a closed loop. Maybe it’ll be completely shit, maybe it will be the end of football. I’m certainly not taking the words of Boris or the money men who currently control football though. 

It’s fucked already, you won’t have me try to argue otherwise. 

But ‘they could be worse’ has been used as a defence, time and time again. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Does anyone actually think Klopp wasn't aware this was going on?

It wouldn't exactly be surprising if he didn't. 

This is the biggest shake up to European football. The organisers have had to take out all sorts of legal advice and put relevant legal procedures in place. 

I'd imagine everyone would have had their cards close to their chests. 

Who knows though. 

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I still saw posts on Twitter last night saying "we would be nowhere if they hadn't have bought us"

till this mate i gave them the benefit of the doubt but now fuck em they dont give a shit about the club or the fans

The “game” has been a business for decades now, even back in the sixties we had business people taking over and beginning to run things, Moore’s at Everton, Edwards at United etc. etc. and likely before then.

So is this the same, but on a bigger scale? Maybe that’s too simple an analogy.

Of course there’s massive hypocrisy at work from those, happy to take financial advantage of changes in the past, who stand to see their particular gravy train run out of steam, such is football these days.

Ultimately, it’s the supporter who has to suffer the most. 
Their choice is simple but not easy, do you carry on and support your club or bin it all off?
For having put supporters in that position, ALL those running the industry (it isn’t a sport now) be they agents, owners, associations, officials, media or whoever, should be disgusted they have presided over this development and previous developments that have led here.

They should be disgusted but I doubt they will be.

Personally, I hope this is a game of brinkmanship and it won’t go as far as a breakaway competition, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Does anyone actually think Klopp wasn't aware this was going on?

1 hour ago, John102 said:

It wouldn't exactly be surprising if he didn't. 

He's just said in pre match that he only found out about it yesterday. 

FSG are all over it if something good happens, but any hint of trouble or something that might kick up a stink they are nowhere to be seen and the players and manager are cut adrift and left to deal with the shit. 

They are a cowardly bunch of cunts and now are somehow managing to actually stand out as even bigger cunts in a sport which is more than well stocked in total cunts. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, andyj said:

till this mate i gave them the benefit of the doubt but now fuck em they dont give a shit about the club or the fans

Okay, fair enough, but what is it about this that has turned you against them? Also, what would you have done if you were an owner, would you have said no and then let the other teams do it by themselves? That’s a genuine question to anyone who wants to answer it. With all the ramifications that come with it, you’d have said no, while others took the spot at the top table? 

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

Okay, fair enough, but what is it about this that has turned you against them? Also, what would you have done if you were an owner, would you have said no and then let the other teams do it by themselves? That’s a genuine question to anyone who wants to answer it. With all the ramifications that come with it, you’d have said no, while others took the spot at the top table? 

The way the whole thing has been done dropped like a bomb without a care for the people that pay to go to games or buy a overly priced top, thats my main issue. What would i do different.....i think id have signalled intent to join the ESL without committing and perhaps see what the reaction was etc and even approach the supporter groups for outside views but then when i was in business id always sound out what those around me thought if i was making big changes. But like i say for me its how its been done 

Just now, andyj said:

The way the whole thing has been done dropped like a bomb without a care for the people that pay to go to games or buy a overly priced top, thats my main issue. What would i do different.....i think id have signalled intent to join the ESL without committing and perhaps see what the reaction was etc and even approach the supporter groups for outside views but then when i was in business id always sound out what those around me thought if i was making big changes. But like i say for me its how its been done 

Right, so it’s more a communication issue rather than what has actually been done? That’s fair enough, although I think fans groups would say ‘fuck no’ anyway, so what do they do then? They’re left with saying ‘well, tough shit’ or ‘fair enough, we will let our rivals become super clubs whilst we sit and watch’. I dunno, it’s not an easy thing to deal with. I just don’t know what the alternative is, mate. To FSG, I mean. If they’ve done something wrong here, and they need removing, then where the fuck do we go? 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Imagine not telling the manager of the football club until hours before the announcement. Fucking hell. Klopp must have been fucking livid. I can't imagine he took the news well.

They will do whatever they like as long as they think it’s good for the value of the global brand. Klopp wont be too important in their bigger commercial picture.

57 minutes ago, Numero said:

Right, so it’s more a communication issue rather than what has actually been done? That’s fair enough, although I think fans groups would say ‘fuck no’ anyway, so what do they do then? They’re left with saying ‘well, tough shit’ or ‘fair enough, we will let our rivals become super clubs whilst we sit and watch’. I dunno, it’s not an easy thing to deal with. I just don’t know what the alternative is, mate. To FSG, I mean. If they’ve done something wrong here, and they need removing, then where the fuck do we go? 

Good post, a balanced view on this fucked up situation. 

As a club one alternative would be of course to take a stand and say we wont be part of this. But as we’re not primarily a football club any more, I do see that that isn’t a very realistic option.

As a fan, and once a supporter, the best option is perhaps to fuck the whiole thing off, I dont know.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, andyj said:

I wasn't especially a fan of theirs, but my viewpoint was largely that other than being the plaything of a money launderer of an oil state it was unlikely anyone could get anything more out of us I could at least tolerate them.

I'd quite happily see them fuck off now though. 

FSG act of cowardice forces Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp into impossible position

Given the club's owners had refused to put their own statement out there at the same time as their very strong private backing, to leave it to Klopp to be the first voice from Liverpool FC to field questions on it was an act of cowardice.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-cowardice-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-20421927?Df=