You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

45 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Agree with that, he was a big disappointment but he tried. I don’t understand how one can hate his own player. I hate Diouf though.

Repped for summing up the hypocrisy of football fans in one breath. 
And for hating Diouf.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The echo are outdoing themselves today. I couldn't get past the headline. 

Harvey Elliott can save Liverpool millions by solving three problems

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harvey-elliott-can-save-liverpool-20194159#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

They must do it knowing they are taking the piss now.

• Upvote 2

See how clever we are? We now let arsenal loan players for us to save money and we get to find out if he's good at football on their watch, not ours. The stories from the echo are becoming increasingly bizarre. This is going to be a long 3 weeks till the next game. 

Arsenal have just done Liverpool a favour in the transfer market

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-martin-odegaard-transfer-arsenal-20167611#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

I think Harvey Elliot will become a top class player myself. Ripping it up at Blackburn and only 17. He looks a generational talent.

Having said that, doing it against Barnsley is very different to doing it away at Chelsea in late March when you're chasing a title. 

We need a substantial improvement in our squad this summer. A truly top class forward is the biggest priority. If we are letting Gini go without a new contract, then a top class midfielder. I actually like Kabak and even though he is very raw, he deserves serious credit for coming into a side low in confidence with a makeshift defence. Potentially for 18 million, that could be a decent bit of business. A big thing for me are the bench and sqaud fillers. Serious lack of quality after about 16 players. I like Keita but he is always injured. Ox makes Joel look like superman. You can't be relying on the likes of them to give you quality off the bench. Having a bench of Jota like quality would be the dream across all positions. Serious talent that is good enough to start.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Surely. Or else it's someone on this thread's day job. 

'Virgil Van Who? Does string of clean sheets hint that Klopp can cash in on Dutchman this summer?'

If true i want to see more 'can go in the summer stories'

21 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Having a bench of Jota like quality would be the dream across all positions. Serious talent that is good enough to start.

But how can we possibly have something that most other top sides have got? Especially without Champions League football, which loads of other clubs don't have either? Good players won't sit on our bench the way they do at other clubs, it just won't happen.

Blah blah fucking blah.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

But how can we possibly have something that most other top sides have got? Especially without Champions League football, which loads of other clubs don't have either? Good players won't sit on our bench the way they do at other clubs, it just won't happen.

Blah blah fucking blah.

I'm holding fire General for a few more months, but if the start of next season, we essentially replace Gini with a cheap but talented alternative, try and sign a Taki type for up front and sign other bits of potential for the bench, I will be seriously pissed off.

This season can be filed under a bit of a one off with everything that could go wrong going wrong, but we seriously need to ensure that we are well stocked in every position for next season. 

I don't like FSG as people but they have done a lot more good than bad things as owners. This summer feels like a gigantic one. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world and unlike say AC Milan, we have the current pulling power to attract the best players even if we are in the Europa or the other competition. They need to invest because the squad needs a serious injection of young talent like Jota to come in and rip it up. If they don't, I think they will really get it in the neck and rightly so.

Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot and Kev have shown they have the talent, which shows the academy is healthy. Curtis is more than talent to be fair. He is a proper player. We might not get another academy player that has their ability for a few years, or equally we might get two or three more in the next year who look boss. I just hope they can go off and learn their trade like Elliot at Blackburn rather than be used as a reason to not sign proven quality. The articles about how Elliot can save us millions just put the lad under serious unneccessary pressure.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

That kind of shite is just insulting to us. Yeah he may be an incredible talent but doing it at senior level is a whole different thing especially at a club that has aspirations to win trophies. 

Pump and dump. Expect him to be offloaded to Blackpool for ten million and turn out to be shit. It's pretty impressive when you think about it, but largely illegal in some other industries.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

That kind of shite is just insulting to us. Yeah he may be an incredible talent but doing it at senior level is a whole different thing especially at a club that has aspirations to win trophies. 

It's really poor that the Echo and other sites do these pieces bigging up some 16 or 17 year old lad who just scored for the under-18's as the next breakthrough star. Cue thousands and thousands of people following him on Instagram and telling him that he's the next Messi. 

A few months ago the Athletic did a piece on Layton Stewart and were predicting him to be the next Torres. The problem is that this lad is 18 and hadn't yet cracked the under 23's, while at the same age Torres was starting for Spain in international tournaments. 

I guess this type of shite gets clicks and that's why we see so much of it but it doesn't do the youngsters any favours at all. 

• Upvote 1

These Echo journalists are fucking gimps trying to gaslight the fanbase into thinking spending any money is cheating. The excuses they came up with for not spending after the CL were fucking ridiculous. 

Never seems to stop Villa, West Ham, Everton and Fulham outspending Liverpool despite never being in the CL, having the lesser TV income, smaller national and worldwide fanbase as well as less sponsorship deals. 

But one season out of the CL is as bad as the Duke brothers losing all their cash at the end of trading places.  The Echo want to brainwash the fanbase into thinking spending a bit of money means you want to be a FIFA generation Man City/Chelsea twat who wants every signing to be £80m. 

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

These Echo journalists are fucking gimps trying to gaslight the fanbase into thinking spending any money is cheating. The excuses they came up with for not spending after the CL were fucking ridiculous. 

Never seems to stop Villa, West Ham, Everton and Fulham outspending Liverpool despite never being in the CL, having the lesser TV income, smaller national and worldwide fanbase as well as less sponsorship deals. 

But one season out of the CL is as bad as the Duke brothers losing all their cash at the end of trading places.  The Echo want to brainwash the fanbase into thinking spending a bit of money means you want to be a FIFA generation Man City/Chelsea twat who wants every signing to be £80m. 

Why does anyone get wound up by the shite written in the Echo, for fuck's sake?

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The Echo isn't the issue. They have to produce pages of LFC content on a daily basis when there just isn't any news. All they can is make it up or rehash some old shit.  The problem is those getting wound up by it or even reading it in the first place.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Does any other club have the local journalists in their arse pocket as much as FSG seem to have?. It's embarassing and it never seemed to happen under any previous owners. 

I get wound up by it because they just constantly push the agenda of never wanting to spend money, telling everyone how clever they are and hyping up any lad from the academy who has a decent few games. It's supposed to be the local paper reporting on Liverpool Football Club, not constantly licking the owners ringpieces.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Does any other club have the local journalists in their arse pocket as much as FSG seem to have?. It's embarassing and it never seemed to happen under any previous owners. 

I get wound up by it because they just constantly push the agenda of never wanting to spend money, telling everyone how clever they are and hyping up any lad from the academy who has a decent few games. It's supposed to be the local paper reporting on Liverpool Football Club, not constantly licking the owners ringpieces.

Are you serious? Who the fuck cares what the 'manc' Echo journos write? Have you read Doyle's ludicrous 'player ratings' even when we were playing well? So what if some articles are cringeworthy, how's that the club's fault?

Have you read that Stewart Bannan or whatever he's called who writes about city in the manc evening news? His tongue is browner than doyle, gorst and the rest of them put together.

Yes Im sure other local papers suck up to their local club. The only time Ive been aware a local paper doesnt suck up to a club is when there's a dispute with the owners.

What do you want that ex journo Tony Barret fella to do, complain to the Echo that they are bulling the club up too much and to stop it because they're very, very naughty people?

All of the Mirror group owned "local" papers are a fucking joke these days. The Chronicle is exactly the same as the Echo, occasional "here is what the North East used to look like" and just general vague waffly bollocks and pretty much no decent news content at all. Plus lots of articles featuring locals complete with compo face because a lamp post doesn't work or similar. 

Plus they must have what is quite possibly the most badly designed website on the face of the planet. I was knocking out better organised and functional sites using notepad and plain HTML than these fuckers are churning out. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Are you serious? Who the fuck cares what the 'manc' Echo journos write? Have you read Doyle's ludicrous 'player ratings' even when we were playing well? So what if some articles are cringeworthy, how's that the club's fault?

Have you read that Stewart Bannan or whatever he's called who writes about city in the manc evening news? His tongue is browner than doyle, gorst and the rest of them put together.

Yes Im sure other local papers suck up to their local club. The only time Ive been aware a local paper doesnt suck up to a club is when there's a dispute with the owners.

What do you want that ex journo Tony Barret fella to do, complain to the Echo that they are bulling the club up too much and to stop it because they're very, very naughty people?

The Echo are supposed to be the local paper but lots of foreign fans read the web version and use it as a source of information rather than the national press who stick the boot in whenever they can.

They do some ok articles, especially when they do articles about past players. They have done some good articles about about Clemence and Ian St John who have both passed away recently. 

I dont even click on the stories about FSG apart from one the other day which I posted about. But the arselicking articles are pathetic and it's not about the club itself, it's about how great the owners are and rehashing the same things over and over again. I don't mind reading about the players in the u18s and U23s as long as it isn't because the owners just want to push the "let's save some money". 

Every time they want to put it out there that there's no money or whatever excuse for not spending they brief the lackeys in the local press are happy to oblige. That Melissa Reddy was comical saying FSG sorted Liverpool's centre back problem with a shrewd last minute spend of £1m when she should have been asking why they didn't have a proper plan in place to get a centre back in as soon as VVD was injured. 

I know we are going to disagree as you think the owners are great and I think that they are blag artists. 

The Echo is still written by journalists in the offices based in Liverpool, it is printed in Oldham. 

• Upvote 2