You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

44 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This is exactly how I see it going myself. Without CL or European football at all I dont believe Klopp will have much of a budget and will have to sell to buy,again. The problem is that our fringe players wont fetch much in this market so I think one or two big fish will have to be sacrificed.

If we finish outside the CL places, I wouldn't bank on klopp being here next season. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

If we finish outside the CL places, I wouldn't bank on klopp being here next season. 

I think he will stay one more season. I think it's unlikely we have him until 2024 though. I think he will want to have a proper go at it next season and with a fully fit squad and a packed Anfield I would hope we are a different beast.

Really depends how the next few months go and that's separate from the goings on at the club. If he can have a nice break and recharge the batteries then I think he may be up for staying longer.

Jurgen owes us nothing. 

Regarding the summer and potential transfers, if they don't make money available then there should be hell to pay. I mean Jurgen may decide to spend sweet fa or bring in players he likes for 15 million rather than 60 million, but no excuses from them. Back the manager.

Was thinking of genuine positives this season and it's telling that Curtis Jones, Kev and Harvey Elliot on loan are probably the only ones I can think of. Curtis Jones has had a great season.

I would say Mo has been par for himself (i e very good) and maybe two or three others have as well. Gini has been about a 7 as has Fabinho. Hendo when he has been fit has been very good. Ali for most of the season was very good but it says something about what a great fella he is that he comes back last night so soon after the most horrendous tragedy and plays so well. The others have been mediocre to awful. Maybe a bit harsh on Robbo who was very good up until Christmas. That just isn't good enough and the lads need to take a good luck at themselves.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I think he will stay one more season. I think it's unlikely we have him until 2024 though. I think he will want to have a proper go at it next season and with a fully fit squad and a packed Anfield I would hope we are a different beast.

Really depends how the next few months go and that's separate from the goings on at the club. If he can have a nice break and recharge the batteries then I think he may be up for staying longer.

Jurgen owes us nothing. 

Regarding the summer and potential transfers, if they don't make money available then there should be hell to pay. I mean Jurgen may decide to spend sweet fa or bring in players he likes for 15 million rather than 60 million, but no excuses from them. Back the manager.

Was thinking of genuine positives this season and it's telling that Curtis Jones, Kev and Harvey Elliot on loan are probably the only ones I can think of. Curtis Jones has had a great season.

I would say Mo has been par for himself (i e very good) and maybe two or three others have as well. Gini has been about a 7 as has Fabinho. Hendo when he has been fit has been very good. Ali for most of the season was very good but it says something about what a great fella he is that he comes back last night so soon after the most horrendous tragedy and plays so well. The others have been mediocre to awful. Maybe a bit harsh on Robbo who was very good up until Christmas. That just isn't good enough and the lads need to take a good luck at themselves.

I don't think klopp will quit. i just wouldn't bank on fsg not sacking him. 

the midfield really has been the issue for me, but it is starting to infect everyone now i think. up until last night i hadn't thought the front 3 were that bad - well firmino hasn't been good, but he wasn't last season either. but i thought all 3 of them were woeful last night to be honest and they look absolutely frustrated. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I do have that nagging doubt in the back of my mind but dont want to say it. But Klopp is the type of person who tends to follow things through to the end so I think he will give it at least another season.

53 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think klopp will quit. i just wouldn't bank on fsg not sacking him. 

the midfield really has been the issue for me, but it is starting to infect everyone now i think. up until last night i hadn't thought the front 3 were that bad - well firmino hasn't been good, but he wasn't last season either. but i thought all 3 of them were woeful last night to be honest and they look absolutely frustrated. 

I just can't see them sacking him. He's the best manager in the world and thanks to him they have massively increased their wealth and won trophies.

Someone said this feels like a much shitter version of 1990/91 but definite similarities. A core of top players who are in their late twenties and early thirties is the biggest one for me. We really need to get the age profile down this summer, but I wouldn't be in favour of a big clearout. That ended horribly with Souey and these lads even taking into account the last few weeks, are a great bunch. I still back them to be ready to rock come next August. We just need to ensure that we get this generations Shearer or Keane rather than slumming it with one season wonders or hoping decent players turn out to be very good which was the Liverpool playbook for thirty years.

I would sign Botman and Lamptey for our defence. Both young players with a massive future. I would love Maddison in midfield, though he would cost a bomb. He's the type of signing we have to make. A proper top class forward as well and that's a really good summer. With or without Champions League, we need to make a statement. We are quick to take the piss out of the likes of Arsenal but they have put their money where their mouth is over the last few years without champions league.

This summer makes it or breaks it for me with FSG. 

If we lose Milner from the squad this summer and that is a possibility, it is concerning that we could allow Gini, who is not just a top class player, but a popular player in the dressing room go so easily. Give him the four years and if he declines in two or three, you would still be able to sell him to a lot of clubs who would bite your hand off for him.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I just can't see them sacking him. He's the best manager in the world and thanks to him they have massively increased their wealth and won trophies.

Someone said this feels like a much shitter version of 1990/91 but definite similarities. A core of top players who are in their late twenties and early thirties is the biggest one for me. We really need to get the age profile down this summer, but I wouldn't be in favour of a big clearout. That ended horribly with Souey and these lads even taking into account the last few weeks, are a great bunch. I still back them to be ready to rock come next August. We just need to ensure that we get this generations Shearer or Keane rather than slumming it with one season wonders or hoping decent players turn out to be very good which was the Liverpool playbook for thirty years.

I would sign Botman and Lamptey for our defence. Both young players with a massive future. I would love Maddison in midfield, though he would cost a bomb. He's the type of signing we have to make. A proper top class forward as well and that's a really good summer. With or without Champions League, we need to make a statement. We are quick to take the piss out of the likes of Arsenal but they have put their money where their mouth is over the last few years without champions league.

This summer makes it or breaks it for me with FSG. 

If we lose Milner from the squad this summer and that is a possibility, it is concerning that we could allow Gini, who is not just a top class player, but a popular player in the dressing room go so easily. Give him the four years and if he declines in two or three, you would still be able to sell him to a lot of clubs who would bite your hand off for him.

I am not saying they will sack him. but i wouldn't be putting money on them not - especially if this form runs till the end of the season. 

I agree too that letting Gini go is mental, but it feels like that ship has sailed now. 

I know nothing about botman except he was available for 7m last summer and we weren't interested, so i would be really surprised if it changed to an extent we'd pay 25m. and how good can he be if we didn't think he was worth 7m last summer? 

as for lamptey. i don't see us signing him - he left chelsea to play, so unless we plan to shift trent into midfield and play lamptey at full back, then it doesn't seem realistic he would want to come. 

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

FSG fire Klopp?? Yea right.

The one top manager who is willing to work within their framework and who keeps the fanbase massively on side and they will sack him for not winning?

They don't care about winning, remember.

they care about winning financially. they care about top 4. 

41 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

We will lose Gini and replace him with Loftus Cheek or whatever his name is Chelsea reserve and English moneyball signing . That's the sort of shite we will be at instead of blowing the budget on Maddison 

Your confident.  It'll be spun that the woeful Thiago was his replacement and now has a year under his belt. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Your confident.  It'll be spun that the woeful Thiago was his replacement and now has a year under his belt. 

Nah boosting English quota due to Brexit will be the line. Though not prepared  to pay the premium. Therefore Chelsea rejects (and a few have been successful) and some cute buys from Championship. Wouldn't surprise me that the ex Preston CB stays with us next year. 

35 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Nah boosting English quota due to Brexit will be the line. Though not prepared  to pay the premium. Therefore Chelsea rejects (and a few have been successful) and some cute buys from Championship. Wouldn't surprise me that the ex Preston CB stays with us next year. 

Wouldn't be against an astute signing from Chelsea. They've some pretty good young lads who won't play much for them. 

LeBron James has joined Fenway Sports Group as a partner, the Boston Globe reported, with the NBA star increasing his stake in Liverpool as a result.

The 36-year-old Los Angeles Lakers forward purchased an undisclosed number of shares in FSG, which has also approved a $750m private investment from RedBird Capital Partners, the Globe reported, citing a source with knowledge of the deal.

FSG did not respond when approached for comment by Reuters.

James has had a relationship with FSG since 2011, when he signed a marketing deal in exchange for a small ownership - two per cent - stake in Liverpool.

Principal owner John Henry will remain in control of FSG, while chairman Tom Werner stays as the second-largest shareholder. RedBird Capital Partners now owns the third-largest share with President Michael Gordon fourth.

According to Forbes, James is expected to make $95.4m in salary and endorsements in 2021, with $31.4m of that from his Lakers contract. He was supposed to make $39.2m this season, but players' salaries are being reduced as the NBA works through the COVID-19 pandemic.