You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Just now, Scott_M said:

This is the first time I've looked at this thread in months. 

I didn't read what you put because your opening couple of sentences were pure bollocks. If you obviously know so much about injuries and optimising performance, you should send a politely worded to the club offering your services outlining your qualifications - don't we all want the club to be successful? I know I do. 

If you don't know about this stuff, you're talking shite, hoping some sticks and trying to play the tedious "Blame FSG for everything" game, then it only re-affirms why I've not looked in here in months, because it's the same boring crap going round and round and round. 

PS - it's bellend.

ha ha look at you defending the billionaires. Its a wonder you even understand the traditions of what this Club is all about.

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

For goodness sakes, its short term-ism though. How long do we expect to get those same 11-13 players to continually run through walls for?

The reason City can bounce back and win almost everything in sight is because they can continually rotate and when they bring players into the side theres very little performance drop off. We have that with about 13 players. They have that with about 18. If we had invested every window, bringing in a little more quality over time we would be in a far better position to absorb losses.

You simply can't compare us to City. 

Getting 97 points, winning the Champions League and then the year after, getting 99 points and winning the title were monumental unsustainable achievements. I get that people optimistically think that we and Klopp could have continued this and entered some period of dominance, but the reality is that City and Chelsea have a stranglehold on the league and have the platforms for success at all times.

Yeah, we could have made some better decisions, but because of how the club functions we were always headed towards a painful rebuild. This cursed season has simply accelerated this pretty much inevitable reality. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

This is the first time I've looked at this thread in months. 

I didn't read what you put because your opening couple of sentences were pure bollocks. If you obviously know so much about injuries and optimising performance, you should send a politely worded to the club offering your services outlining your qualifications - don't we all want the club to be successful? I know I do. 

If you don't know about this stuff, you're talking shite, hoping some sticks and trying to play the tedious "Blame FSG for everything" game, then it only re-affirms why I've not looked in here in months, because it's the same boring crap going round and round and round. 

PS - it's bellend.

BTW was it you who argued about keeping Origi around because "No one could get in the side ahead of the front three"? when people were saying he was useless?

And then we bought Jota...

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

You simply can't compare us to City. 

Getting 97 points, winning the Champions League and then the year after, getting 99 points and winning the title were monumental unsustainable achievements. I get that people optimistically think that we and Klopp could have continued this and entered some period of dominance, but the reality is that City and Chelsea have a stranglehold on the league and have the platforms for success at all times.

Yeah, we could have made some better decisions, but because of how the club functions we were always headed towards a painful rebuild. This cursed season has simply accelerated this pretty much inevitable reality. 

Im not trying to. What I am saying is we could have done more, much more to extend the life of this current team. As it stands we are looking at a mass clearout.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

ha ha look at you defending the billionaires. Its a wonder you even understand the traditions of what this Club is all about.

Yawn. There is a huge difference in defending them and just not don't blaming them for everything. My thoughts are clear in my hyperlink in my auto signature if you want to look.

I suspect I understand the values of the club better than you. While, although I wouldn't like a certain situation, I'm the type of person who'd look at the wider picture, knuckle down and word harder. You come across as the type who'd piss and moan like a little bitch. 

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If you can't spend like an oil state, doesn't it make more sense to buy a little quality once or twice per window? thats where the term, build from a position of strength. I know footy is different these days but thats the way the Club used to do it. Bring new faces in to challenge, keep the players on their toes, keep the players focused and sharp.

I'd argue the only time we have done that so far in the last few years was Jota and look what happened there.

For years we always had about 3 or 4 weak links. Having to try to paper over an Aly Cisokho or Jon Flanagan.

We eventually got to this position of an exceptional starting 11, due to excellent wheeling and dealing, whereby a top class player or two would be needed each window to maintain things. But these dopey cunts are letting the squad age and deplete.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

BTW was it you who argued about keeping Origi around because "No one could get in the side ahead of the front three"? when people were saying he was useless?

And then we bought Jota...

No it wasn't. But like most of this thread, the truth or facts don't really matter.

58 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

not that i am saying this would happen, but equally not I am not saying it won't. What would people think here if we finished say 6th or 7th, failed to win the CL and they sacked klopp? I don't know much about their rounders team, but i think they have not been slow to respond in the face of poor results. finance is very much a results led business where people fire and ask questions later, i don't think there's much tolerance for failure in werners business either - in fact I might go as far as to say, it is very much part of american culture from my experiences. this is only something that occurred to me since this rafa talk and him saying about he might come in in a crisis. i have got to to say i wouldn't be shocked if they did get rid of klopp if that's where we finished. obviously it would be devastating, but it wouldn't surprise me.  

Kinell Baz - even for you that is a stretch in having a hypothetical pop at them. They have had three manager changes in the time they have owned the Red Sox and won 4 Series'. Hell they waited for Cora for an entire season when he had to sit out and brought him back.

She's got a great ass, and you've got your head ALL THE WAY UP IT.

Pacino is great in that film. Completely OTT in every scene. Apparently there a couple of deleted scenes where he's shown doing coke, which explains his constant shouting and behaviour.

I often think some of the regular posters in this thread are on drugs. Not the good shit though, more like desomorphine or flakka or something.

• Upvote 1

Klopp goes right now and we're all fucked FSG included.

In a financial landscape skewed by the cheats what this team and manager have done for the past 3 years should go down in history as the biggest achievement English football has ever seen because i don't see anyone not owned by an Oligarch or Oil state ever repeating it.

And that's the unease we all feel, City and Chelsea and their fucking cheat modes have skewed everything, between them they've fucked our game up forever.

It's obvious FSG need to spend more on squad building but even then over time we'll compete with the cheats up to a point then we become Arsenal under Wenger.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

American business is pretty ruthless. Henry, Werner and co didn't get where they are by being kind, generous and caring.

see below

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Getting rid of Klopp off the back of this season wouldnt just be ruthless thing to do, it would be the dumbest thing anyone would have done ever

yeah, i agree it would be stupid too. but i have seen things like this happen in the states - admittedly in investment banks and hedgefunds. i have been taken aback a few times. they all just seem to take it on the chin and see it as a price of doing business. 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Kinell Baz - even for you that is a stretch in having a hypothetical pop at them. They have had three manager changes in the time they have owned the Red Sox and won 4 Series'. Hell they waited for Cora for an entire season when he had to sit out and brought him back.

i thought i read recently (might have been our mates in the echo) they'd had nearly as many coaches as seasons in recent years (4 in 5 or 3 in 4 or something)? 

18 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Klopp goes right now and we're all fucked FSG included.

In a financial landscape skewed by the cheats what this team and manager have done for the past 3 years should go down in history as the biggest achievement English football has ever seen because i don't see anyone not owned by an Oligarch or Oil state ever repeating it.

And that's the unease we all feel, City and Chelsea and their fucking cheat modes have skewed everything, between them they've fucked our game up forever.

It's obvious FSG need to spend more on squad building but even then over time we'll compete with the cheats up to a point then we become Arsenal under Wenger.

Spending nothing after Madrid was madness, that was pre Covid so no excuses.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Spending nothing after Madrid was madness, that was pre Covid so no excuses.

30 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's not just that, it's the smug patronising way it was reported by the FSG arselicking journalists. 

This place is full of Captain Hindsights, if only people had mentioned it at the time.

We bought no one, went on to win the league.

We bought players and have fallen to bits. Logic says the best thing to do is buy no one ever again.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

This place is full of Captain Hindsights, if only people had mentioned it at the time.

We bought no one, went on to win the league.

We bought players and have fallen to bits. Logic says the best thing to do is buy no one ever again.

No hindsight, loads said it at the time, our first eleven has been run into the ground since Madrid.