You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

11 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I agree with you that we do look for bargains when possible. I agree with that we purchased some players like Minamino and Shaq because they wereseen as good value. I disagree with you wrt the inclusion of some of the most expensive players the league has ever seen. I don’t think we bought Alisson because he was ‘good value’. We bought him because we need a world class goalkeeper, and he’s a world class goalkeeper. We could’ve easily purchased a cheaper alternative. Courtois went for half his price for example. Keita was meant to be a statement purchase. He was the second best player in Bundesliga when we sealed the deal. We did activate his release clause but so what? Doesn’t make it a bargain, with it without hindsight. I don’t think FSG is the ideal owner. Far from it. I don’t want businessmen owning the club. I want it owned and run by someone who wants to win at all cost. I just disagree with your assessment of some of our players/transfers.

Keita the 2nd best player in the German league? Let's take that to the keita thread. 

1 hour ago, Freddo said:

I read that. Shes just annoying her. How many times does it have to be said that these owners never spend. They didn't spend when we won the European Cup. Nothing changes for me. And all this talk about struggling to retain best players. I'm not having that. If some of these lads want to jump we all know fsg will push them. All about the dollar. The club is too big for Henry and co. 

Got to pull you up on that mate - we bought Adrian and Sepp Van Den Berg - two world class additions to the squad. A great example of strengthening while on top. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He was voted as the second best Bundesliga player when we signed him (a year before he moved).

George Burley, Harry Redknapp, Alan Pardew & Tony Pulis have been voted the best manager in England, but that has never been actually true. These votes mean nothing. But as I say, not for this thread. 

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Got to pull you up on that mate - we bought Adrian and Sepp Van Den Berg - two world class additions to the squad. A great example of strengthening while on top. 

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Hahaha. You've got to laugh haven't you. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's brilliant. Today the echo are running a piece on the club being too nice is costing them on the pitch. Exhibit one is letting minamino go to Southampton and his goals since have shown he is clearly ready for the premier league. So how is that is being too nice? It's about us being too tight or klopp failing to find a way to play him. Because after the palace game he got about 10 mins action till we let him go. 

Exhibit 2. Allowing lovren to join zenit was because we loved the player so much. There's no mention we could have just bought another centre back. There's no mention that we allocated his transfer fee to buy Kostas. Just being too nice harmed us. 

It's fucking insane the lengths the echo will go to to perpetuate positivity vibes around the management of the club. 

Should change it to the North Korea Echo or the Goebbels Gazette.

Not to be outdone, there's an article about the Anfield road end today. 

• Upvote 2

The Express say we want £26m for Grujic. Bit of a stupid valuation if true as no one would pay £4m for him.

We need to just cut our losses on these players who just get loaned out at the arse end of every transfer window and their contracts just ebb away.

The likes of Wilson, Grujic, Woodburn, Awoniyi, Karius, Ojo and Liam Millar wont make it here so just fucking sell them. Eddie Howe isn't at Bournemouth anymore. 

I'd also sell Rhys Williams as he's never going to make the jump from being on loan at Kidderminster to playing for a team trying to get in the top 4. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Nope. Leipzig said he wasnt leaving any earlier even if Liverpool offered more money. But let's not let facts get in the way of urban myth.

Maybe, but if they'd offered the going rate then would RBL have turned it down?

Moot point anyway as he's the biggest disappointment since Aquilani.

5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

signings for both the present and the future. it's like a dream come true. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Should change it to the North Korea Echo or the Goebbels Gazette.

Not to be outdone, there's an article about the Anfield road end today. 

I have been waiting for the road end one to come out. they must have been waiting to get everton's stadium news out of the way. it's fucking pathetic, it really is. 

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The same club that they have made 5 times more valuable? The one that got to three straight European finals and just won the league for the first time in 30 years?

That club??

Yes that club. That's what I have said. It is too big for their ownership. They are not helping is push on but hey it'll be all okay when Jurgen is asked to feed on scraps in the next window. So yeah, that club 

46 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The club that struggled to find an owner is too big for one of the top legitimate sports ownerships groups in the world?

What does too big mean?

Struggled to find an owner? They purchased the club at a knockdown fee due to all the trouble refinancing with RBS. They can't dine out on that forever. Too big means they cannot fulfil the ambitions in the long term of the club and its supporter base. It means they can't compete with our rivals in the sport. 

Nobody can say with any legitimacy that they have supported the manager in the last 2 years. Certainly not in 2019. What should have been an opportunity to try at the very least to cement our position they have not done so. 

If you look at other clubs, they have money put into them. This ownership group uses excuse after excuse as they are either risk averse or not ambitious enough for our club. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Struggled to find an owner? They purchased the club at a knockdown fee due to all the trouble refinancing with RBS. They can't dine out on that forever. Too big means they cannot fulfil the ambitions in the long term of the club and its supporter base. It means they can't compete with our rivals in the sport. 

Nobody can say with any legitimacy that they have supported the manager in the last 2 years. Certainly not in 2019. What should have been an opportunity to try at the very least to cement our position they have not done so. 

If you look at other clubs, they have money put into them. This ownership group uses excuse after excuse as they are either risk averse or not ambitious enough for our club. 

Fair enough.

Were there any other folks looking to buy the club at the time - and what are they doing now?

Who is an example of a big owner that is putting money in?

27 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Fair enough.

Were there any other folks looking to buy the club at the time - and what are they doing now?

Who is an example of a big owner that is putting money in?

Is this a trick question. We all know which owners are putting money in. We also have factual evidence that clubs not even in our stratosphere have spent far more than us.

I have no clue if anyone else was in the market for us all those years ago. That

at point is irrelevant. 

As I've said, they can't dine out on that forever. 

I purchased the Mrs a car once. I don't dine out on it forever. 

Do you not get tired of this ownership group constantly pleading poverty?

I do, it seems that winning things is expensive and too expensive for us. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Is this a trick question. We all know which owners are putting money in. We also have factual evidence that clubs not even in our stratosphere have spent far more than us.

I have no clue if anyone else was in the market for us all those years ago. That

at point is irrelevant. 

As I've said, they can't dine out on that forever. 

I purchased the Mrs a car once. I don't dine out on it forever. 

Do you not get tired of this ownership group constantly pleading poverty?

I do, it seems that winning things is expensive and too expensive for us. 

What do you mean a trick question? It is as straighforward as you can get.

You said we were not struggling to find a buyer - so there must have been a few potentials besides FSG right? 

I don't really remember another credible one but you might. Who?

TBH - I have no idea what any other clubs spend is but it seems like you do - so who are you talking about?

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

signings for both the present and the future. it's like a dream come true. 

I have been waiting for the road end one to come out. they must have been waiting to get everton's stadium news out of the way. it's fucking pathetic, it really is. 

I don't even read them anymore, the writing is so pathetic. They still do articles about the Coutinho transfer and how that paved the way to sign Van Dijk and Allison - three years after it happened. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They need to start spending that is for certain.

Yea, I think we are in a tight spot for a couple of reasons. These owners (and most) are not going to put substantial money in - regardless of the post above - as they know that (pick a number) 65 mil is not really going to change much, if at all for this season. And no legitimate owner is going to throw the 200 mil on top - much of it upfront - it would take to add two top CB's and an attacker and keep everyone else.

But the reality is going into next season with the squad we have all turning up most weeks - I fancy our chances.