You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 hour ago, waddy78 said:

The last two years transfer wise have been really poor (Jota aside) Thiago has always had injury problems he's also 29 years old hardly building long term Van Der berg was a 17 year old kid who might have made it but looks way out of his depth so far Elliot looks a player but again maybe not for a few more years. We now have a squad with its big starts all approaching 30 or just turned 30 with no one to come in and replace them or even to push them piss poor transfer policy it's king of here and now or in 5 years.

Virtually every transfer decision we have made is down to running a tight ship. Go back further to Torres and we splash out straight away on Suarez and Carroll. The money from Suarez was used to plug about 5 holes in the squad.

The only time there has ever been any ambition shown is when we sell a player for decent money - selling Coutinho to get Allison and Van Dijk.

They only moved to buy a cheap centre back and loan one on the last day of the window because the defence was decimated with injuries. Even that was offset by loaning another player. We should have had a defender signed and ready to integrate into the first team on the 1st of January. But no, let's play Russian roulette and wait til the last day when clubs are bent over a barrel. Is anyone convinced that Davies will play regularly for us?

We signed Thiago because he was a wold class player who was cheap. We bought Jota because we sold Hoever to Wolves and they let us pay him off like buying from a catalogue. 

We bought Minamino who looked lost from day one and no real idea how to use him. No real coincidence that he cost only £7m due to his release clause being lower than his alleged market value of £25m. Yet Haaland wasn't that expensive and they didnt bother with him. Shaqiri was bought because of his relegation clause. 

After the CL instead of buying a semi competent back up keeper they get an out of contract backup keeper who West Ham let go. Then buy two teenagers, one who they went to court to dispute the fee. 

The only success of their mingebag behaviour in hindsight was waiting a year to avoid paying £88m for Mr Glass Keita. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The bad squad planning is persevering with too many players who are injured all the time. It's meant we have no real depth or margin for error. I agree with the recruitment this summer. It was fine. 

Is it persevering or not having any option? What are we supposed to do with Keita and Ox? We can't give them away and nobody will buy them. Gomez had 2 bad injuries, is that injury prone? I wouldn't describe it that way, I certainly wouldn't have entertained the idea of selling him. Hendo and Milner are creeping into this category but you can't get rid of either of those. That only leaves Matip, who is a brilliant defender, possibly the 2nd best in the league when fit. A decision was made that its worth keeping him for 10-15 games rather than replacing him with an inferior but more reliable player. You couldn't argue with anyone that was happy to keep him and equally you couldn't say anyone was wrong if they wanted him shipped out. Its just horrible luck rather than bad planning. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Virtually every transfer decision we have made is down to running a tight ship. 

The only time there has ever been any ambition shown is when we sell a player for decent money - selling Coutinho to get Allison and Van Dijk.

They only moved to buy a cheap centre back and loan one on the last day of the window because the defence was decimated with injuries. Even that was offset by loaning another player. We should have had a defender signed and ready to integrate into the first team on the 1st of January. But no, let's play Russian roulette and wait til the last day when clubs are bent over a barrel. Is anyone convinced that Davies will play regularly for us?

We signed Thiago because he was a wold class player who was cheap. We bought Jota because we sold Hoever to Wolves and they let us pay him off like buying from a catalogue. 

We bought Minamino who looked lost from day one and no real idea how to use him. No real coincidence that he cost only £7m due to his release clause being lower than his alleged market value of £25m. Yet Haaland wasn't that expensive and they didnt bother with him.

After the CL instead of buying a semi competent back up keeper they get an out of contract backup keeper who West Ham let go. Then buy two teenagers, one who they went to court to dispute the fee. 

The only success of their mingebag behaviour in hindsight was waiting a year to avoid paying £88m for Mr Glass Keita. 

Fuck me we were quoted 88 mil for that???????  Jesus

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Until then maybe we should play differently to adapt to our new strengths and weaknesses. 

Or alternatively we could stick with our current set-up 4-3-3, and put out the best players possible in their best positions. That means we’d accept that our centre halfs are a bit rubbish and we will concede goals, but we’d have Fab and Hendo back in midfield, so theoretically midfield is no longer an issue. I accept that it’s not that simplistic e.g., the midfielders wouldn’t play the same way knowing you’d have Kabak covering you as opposed to the best defender in the world in VVD, but surely it’d still be better than what we’re seeing now. 

I’d like to see the below line-up given a run of 10 games.

Alisson; Trent, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago; Salah, Mane, Jota

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Or alternatively we could stick with our current set-up 4-3-3, and put out the best players possible in their best positions. That means we’d accept that our centre halfs are a bit rubbish and we will concede goals, but we’d have Fab and Hendo back in midfield, so theoretically midfield is no longer an issue. I accept that it’s not that simplistic e.g., the midfielders wouldn’t play the same way knowing you’d have Kabak covering you as opposed to the best defender in the world in VVD, but surely it’d still be better than what we’re seeing now. 

I’d like to see the below line-up given a run of 10 games.

Alisson; Trent, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago; Salah, Mane, Jota

Switch Thiago for Jones

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

Is it persevering or not having any option? What are we supposed to do with Keita and Ox? We can't give them away and nobody will buy them. Gomez had 2 bad injuries, is that injury prone? I wouldn't describe it that way, I certainly wouldn't have entertained the idea of selling him. Hendo and Milner are creeping into this category but you can't get rid of either of those. That only leaves Matip, who is a brilliant defender, possibly the 2nd best in the league when fit. A decision was made that its worth keeping him for 10-15 games rather than replacing him with an inferior but more reliable player. You couldn't argue with anyone that was happy to keep him and equally you couldn't say anyone was wrong if they wanted him shipped out. Its just horrible luck rather than bad planning. 

These aren't bad arguments, but the reality is we're feeling the consequences. There are plenty of clubs who quickly replace players who don't work out. And they take some losses sometimes doing that, but they're willing to do it. Keita's been here 3 seasons, Matip 5, Ox 4. We could have gotten rid. We really could have. We just didn't because it's not the soundest financial thing and because we believed in them. We shouldn't have. The result is that the depth isn't there and it's stopped investment because these guys take important spots in the squad. 

47 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's literally under contract for the next 3 years, pal. 

He signed that new contract as we were getting players telling us they didn’t want to come to us and current players didn’t want to sign new contracts if he was gonna go at the end of his contract next season. 

If these say to him your budget will buy you Kabak in the summer and you can have the money from the sales to rebuild the squad I reckon he’ll knock it on the head. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

These aren't bad arguments, but the reality is we're feeling the consequences. There are plenty of clubs who quickly replace players who don't work out. And they take some losses sometimes doing that, but they're willing to do it. Keita's been here 3 seasons, Matip 5, Ox 4. We could have gotten rid. We really could have. We just didn't because it's not the soundest financial thing and because we believed in them. We shouldn't have. The result is that the depth isn't there and it's stopped investment because these guys take important spots in the squad. 

Exactly.  

Ox though every fucker knew his history with injuries long before we decided to gamble.

51 minutes ago, Red74 said:

The keeper, Thiago and the front 3. Add other bums who phone unseen injuries in like Matip and Kieta to that list too. 

Fair enough, I wouldn't question Thiago's attitude, his suitability yes. Manè I'm not having at all, he's worked his bollox off, often on his own. Bobby I think is just done. Salah seems to be more choosy about the challenges he participates in and his overall game bar the goals has been way off previous years. The keeper had a couple of dodgy days, I don't think it was an attitude thing with him.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Jones nowhere near ready. He was awful tonight.

I agree with this but Klopp has no option other than to throw Jones in. He'd be making a few appearances as sub and the odd game but not much else in a perfect scenario. I can't help feeling that our wobbles this season began with both the Wijnaldum contract situation and then Mo's alleged 'come and get me' interview with the media. Once these signs of unrest happen then other players start to become unsettled too. They,or their agents,are greedy bastards and they look for the easy way out. Klopp is powerless against this because this is just how modern football is. We've lost our motivators like VVD,Hendo and Milner and we are rudderless.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

agree with this but Klopp has no option other than to throw Jones in

But we do Vlad, that’s the whole point of my post. We could play Phillips at centre back for the remainder of the season alongside Kabak, releasing Hendo from centre half duties.

On 18/02/2021 at 16:23, TheHowieLama said:

Roush Fenway Racing on Thursday announced plans to become to first carbon neutral team in NASCAR.

The team said that it has partnered with Castrol to support its carbon reduction and offset programs across operations on and off the track throughout the 2021 NASCAR season.

The partnership is aimed at helping manage its greenhouse gas emissions by “tracking, quantifying, and reducing those emissions, and offsetting the balance with high-quality carbon offsets,” the team said.

Roush Fenway achieved carbon neutrality for the entire organization according to the PAS 2060 standard, as verified by an independent 3rd party, for the race period of Jan. 1- Dec. 31, 2020. The team plans to celebrate its achievement with a new paint scheme for Driver Ryan Newman’s traditionally red and green car.

Could probably achieve this for a lot less money if Newman lost a few stone...........

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

Fair enough, I wouldn't question Thiago's attitude, his suitability yes. Manè I'm not having at all, he's worked his bollox off, often on his own. Bobby I think is just done. Salah seems to be more choosy about the challenges he participates in and his overall game bar the goals has been way off previous years. The keeper had a couple of dodgy days, I don't think it was an attitude thing with him.

I just feel that we lose all our discipline the longer the game goes on and we haven’t scored. There’s nothing coming from the manager and the apathy’s spreading to the team. Has there been any game you’ve watched this season that we’ve struggled to see out where you’ve thought we’ll step it up here. 

Our home forms horrific and we’re throwing the towel in after half an hour and just going through the motions. Manager included.

He keeps saying what we’re all seeing but then he sends the same team out to do the exact same thing the week after. 

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

But we do Vlad, that’s the whole point of my post. We could play Phillips at centre back for the remainder of the season alongside Kabak, releasing Hendo from centre half duties.

Even Shaqiri is a better option than Jones in midfield.