You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Pisses me off that while we were gallivanting around Europe and here in the 70’s and 80’s winning everything, United, who’d been down into the second division (look it up you youngsters) in that time, were building a commercial empire that funded them once Ferguson got them on the perch. Admittedly the Glazers took over after that, but they’ve never been afraid to splash the cash ever since, and have had the wherewithal to be able to do so.

While we did next to fuck all in comparison which partially led to us not being able to stay competitive when we needed to, and it’s only been relatively recently we have gone out and bought big players.

It was always said that you strengthen while at the top but for some reason we haven’t followed that advice.

9 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Pisses me off that while we were gallivanting around Europe and here in the 70’s and 80’s winning everything, United, who’d been down into the second division (look it up you youngsters) in that time, were building a commercial empire that funded them once Ferguson got them on the perch. Admittedly the Glazers took over after that, but they’ve never been afraid to splash the cash ever since, and have had the wherewithal to be able to do so.

While we did next to fuck all in comparison which partially led to us not being able to stay competitive when we needed to, and it’s only been relatively recently we have gone out and bought big players.

It was always said that you strengthen while at the top but for some reason we haven’t followed that advice.

We tried to strengthen; we bought Jota and Thiago.

• Upvote 1

The more I think about the clusterfuck that is this season, the more it comes down to two games - Everton away and Midtjylland away. If our players hadn't been assaulted in both those games we're probably top of the league by now.

As a fanbase I feel like we blame the referees for too much of our own side's failings. (We might never get the decisions the mancs do, but no-one does except them.) In those two games, though, the officials completely failed to protect our players.

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

The more I think about the clusterfuck that is this season, the more it comes down to two games - Everton away and Midtjylland away. If our players hadn't been assaulted in both those games we're probably top of the league by now.

As a fanbase I feel like we blame the referees for too much of our own side's failings. (We might never get the decisions the mancs do, but no-one does except them.) In those two games, though, the officials completely failed to protect our players.

It's such a shame that the only referee in the PL, who is both fair AND competent (Michael Oliver), had such a massive brainfart on the key decisions in the derby; and that the VAR official, who should have helped him (David Coote) managed to 'forget' the rules and produce an outcome that favoured Everton.

46 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Yes, perhaps.

Mind you, we'd be in a helluva stoush with City. 

It would have been like 18/19, I reckon.

They're pretty good again.

And the empty ground thing would be working in their favour.

36 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

It's such a shame that the only referee in the PL, who is both fair AND competent (Michael Oliver), had such a massive brainfart on the key decisions in the derby; and that the VAR official, who should have helped him (David Coote) managed to 'forget' the rules and produce an outcome that favoured Everton.

It still wouldn't have stopped our players getting injured , just changed the disciplinary aspect for Pickford and probably given us two more points at Everton.

1 minute ago, ben48 said:

I’ve just been reading an article by Brian Reide in the Mirror, where he says that the only people that have let us down this year are the owners. They haven’t backed Jurgen up when he needed them most.

At least the national reporters are slating FSG. Just the local goons + Pearce got their nostrils perched on Henry's ball sack

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

We tried to strengthen; we bought Jota and Thiago.

Fair comment, but not many would’ve believed Jota would start the way he did, and he’s got to continue his form when he returns, Thiago has shown his pedigree elsewhere and I hope he gets to be the player we all thought we were getting when he’s properly supported in the future, but we still left the one area everyone knew we were vulnerable in vacant, and that’s what I was getting at mainly with my comment.

• Upvote 1

I’m with coach potato here, we are one of the top six in Europe and have been for donkeys years and yet, except for exceptional circumstance we have never really splashed out ( without selling someone) for ages. Again one of the top clubs in the world yet when we take off our centre forward who goes on , yep Mr Origi, who would scramble to score for Tranmere. Take of Mane and play Ox or Shack, the drop off is alarming.look at united’s or city’s bench and you will see a potential match winner.They say that Jurgen doesn’t want to do it like that, I can’t see it, he wants to win. I’m not saying that we should be buying Messi and the like, but the squad needs healthy competition.

• Upvote 1

It'll be a sell to buy policy again. This club is in desperate need of fresh legs but we'll be running with the same tired squad next season. Liverpool talk the talk of a big hitter but don't act like it one iota. Yes they've done some infrastructure work, great. But the playing side haven't seen the benefit of increased revenue from a bigger stadium. Or the benefits from adding sponsors. Henry and co in my view need to sell up and move on. Pandemic as scuppered us, the main reason is they can't now sell a big player for the money they wanted to fund signings. Jurgen won't stick it out like that for long. 

2 hours ago, ben48 said:

I’m with coach potato here, we are one of the top six in Europe and have been for donkeys years and yet, except for exceptional circumstance we have never really splashed out ( without selling someone) for ages. Again one of the top clubs in the world yet when we take off our centre forward who goes on , yep Mr Origi, who would scramble to score for Tranmere. Take of Mane and play Ox or Shack, the drop off is alarming.look at united’s or city’s bench and you will see a potential match winner.They say that Jurgen doesn’t want to do it like that, I can’t see it, he wants to win. I’m not saying that we should be buying Messi and the like, but the squad needs healthy competition.

Jota is the healthy competition for the front three. Except, right now, he's not healthy.

Ox, Shaq and Origi were good enough back-up to get us 198 points in two seasons. The club recognised that it would be pushing our luck to rely on them for another year, so they quite rightly splashed the cash on a top forward.

If Jota hadn't been injured and/or if Mané and Firmino hadn't forgotten to score, we'd be contenders still.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Jota is the healthy competition for the front three. Except, right now, he's not healthy.

Ox, Shaq and Origi were good enough back-up to get us 198 points in two seasons. The club recognised that it would be pushing our luck to rely on them for another year, so they quite rightly splashed the cash on a top forward.

If Jota hadn't been injured and/or if Mané and Firmino hadn't forgotten to score, we'd be contenders still.

Really Mal. Really?

We flogged virtually the same starting 11 to death for those two seasons. At no stage did we rely on any of those three players to come in and do anything other than give some tired legs a rest. Well hey, now we're relying on them, and how has that worked out?

Fucking hell.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Really Mal. Really?

We flogged virtually the same starting 11 to death for those two seasons. At no stage did we rely on any of those three players to come in and do anything other than give some tired legs a rest. Well hey, now we're relying on them, and how has that worked out?

Fucking hell.

It's pretty darkly ironic that we were all shouting for a good back up forward for the last two or three years, but we win the Champions League and Premier League anyway.  Then when we finally get one, the season goes to shit.  Maybe we'd have been better off not buying Jota after all?

Anyway, I reckon everyone's right.  FSG are minge bags and not sanctioning a decent fee and having a quality central defender lined up for 1st January was an absolute disgrace.

Still the squad at the start of the season is our best squad under them, and the best the club has had in years.  Jota is obviously a better back up forward than we've had previously.  Thiago was a class player poached off a European heavyweight (reigning CL champs) in his prime.  It turned out that Fabinho was a quality back up option for centre back.

The main thing that has fucked us this season has been the most ridiculous run of injuries ever. 

Other issues like obviously no fans in the stadium, VAR shit decisions and then these have all added together to make smaller issues like Firmino and then Mane having poor runs of form into bigger problems.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

It's pretty darkly ironic that we were all shouting for a good back up forward for the last two or three years, but we win the Champions League and Premier League anyway.  Then when we finally get one, the season goes to shit.  Maybe we'd have been better off not buying Jota after all?

Anyway, I reckon everyone's right.  FSG are minge bags and not sanctioning a decent fee and having a quality central defender lined up for 1st January was an absolute disgrace.

Still the squad at the start of the season is our best squad under them, and the best the club has had in years.  Jota is obviously a better back up forward than we've had previously.  Thiago was a class player poached off a European heavyweight (reigning CL champs) in his prime.  It turned out that Fabinho was a quality back up option for centre back.

The main thing that has fucked us this season has been the most ridiculous run of injuries ever. 

Other issues like obviously no fans in the stadium, VAR shit decisions and then these have all added together to make smaller issues like Firmino and then Mane having poor runs of form into bigger problems.

You could say though that the continuing injuries are partly due to a paper thin squad being run into the ground for three years

Echo says we are saving millions again because of the youngsters. Quite the timing when seeing Sarrs againt claims a deal was done but we could not afford 40 million Euros. 

Could not afford 40 fucking million Euros. What the flying fuck is wrong with our owners. I have no idea if that kid is worth 40 million, but Klopp and Edwards must think so. Embarrasing striking a deal and not being able to afford it. And if we can't afford a measely ammount like that they must be either skimming of the top or just not being in willing to spend any money at all.

Bunch of fucking jokers. Not giving a shit about the club just becomes clearer every year going by. Klopp is living of scraps, if he walks at some point I wouldn't blame him. The hedgefund cunts are slowly milking every penny out of the club and probably sits there with a smug smile on their face doing so.

John W. " see I told you so, lets buy this club, raise the value and feed the fans a bone here and there, we'll make billions out of this and the red sox will be much sounder in the end. English cunts that lot, another tea party in making here. Laugh it up boys and open up that Louis XIII cognac "

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

Could not afford 40 fucking million Euros. What the flying fuck is wrong with our owners. I have no idea if that kid is worth 40 million, but Klopp and Edwards must think so. Embarrasing striking a deal and not being able to afford it. And if we can't afford a measely ammount like that they must be either skimming of the top or just not being in willing to spend any money at all.

That all comes from Sarr's agent. If we couldn't afford €40m for Sarr how did we find the €50m we subsequently paid for Jota? The bloke is talking out of his hoop. 

Sarr has scored 5 goals in the Championship this season by the way. 

I think we bought Jota because of the payment structure and the fact that they wanted Hoever so that paid for some of his fee.

Sarr looked ok when he was in France and the odd game I saw in the World Cup but he hasn't really done much at Watford. Yes he's ridiculously fast but doesn't seem to have much of an end product. €40m is a lot for him. 

• Upvote 1