You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

5 hours ago, ManéMan said:

This group of players have won the biggest trophies available over the last couple of years. They are winners and would've wanted to continue to add to their medals while they were at the top. Despite losing one key player very early on (Van Dijk) they kept going admirably and was still in a good position up to xmas.

However to then see player after player go down with long term injuries with no indication of being supported in the transfer window has no doubt had a demoralising effect on the team. It almost become impossible to compete yet the players were shown no support to help their ambitions to win, so it's no wonder it has come to this sadly. 

Yep, and one of the world's best midfielders expected to play centre back because the owners were too tight to pay for one to replace the one we've sold.

They must look at the owners and think they have no ambition to stay at the top.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

James Pearce now saying that missing out on champions league qualification would be disastrous, after saying yesterday we wouldn't be spending much anyway. 

Fans need to drive these cunts out

Where are you driving them to? Yes they're cunts, but let's not kid ourselves that a) we can get shut of them and b) there'd be a queue of people any different to them willing to buy the club and if the way they sell players is anything to go on, I dread to think what rich idiot would end up owning us, because they'd want an amount way in excess of our worth to go. 

All we can do is challenge them to do the right thing and on occasion put the team before their constant drive for increased capital value of the company. They've shown on plenty of occasions they don't like to be seen by the fans as the fucking leechers that they are. Sadly too many of our fans lap up this fucking PR machine they've got going in the press, so we've no chance of getting any traction until we end up like arsenal, by which time it will likely be too late for them and us. 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

James Pearce now saying that missing out on champions league qualification would be disastrous, after saying yesterday we wouldn't be spending much anyway. 

You would have thought the smartest cunts in the room would have heard of speculate to accumulate.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Where are you driving them to? Yes they're cunts, but let's not kid ourselves that a) we can get shut of them and b) there'd be a queue of people any different to them willing to buy the club and if the way they sell players is anything to go on, I dread to think what rich idiot would end up owning us, because they'd want an amount way in excess of our worth to go. 

All we can do is challenge them to do the right thing and on occasion put the team before their constant drive for increased capital value of the company. They've shown on plenty of occasions they don't like to be seen by the fans as the fucking leechers that they are. Sadly too many of our fans lap up this fucking PR machine they've got going in the press, so we've no chance of getting any traction until we end up like arsenal, by which time it will likely be too late for them and us. 

The Liverpool Lives Matter protest.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Haha, we are 100% seeing the likes of Van Dijk sold to cover the losses if we miss out. Two years left on loads of contracts, only bargain basement incomings with the leftovers. People say “who will buy in the current climate?!” as though City, United or Chelsea won’t produce the money to sign the right player.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Haha, we are 100% seeing the likes of Van Dijk sold to cover the losses if we miss out. Two years left on loads of contracts, only bargain basement incomings with the leftovers. People say “who will buy in the current climate?!” as though City, United or Chelsea won’t produce the money to sign the right player.

Looking forward to your Leipzig match thread.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've just seen the echo are running some nonsense about Barcelona's debt shows fsg are right because Barcelona are about to embark on a period of austerity. Conveniently forgetting austerity is our default position. Cunts. 

Barcelona fucked themselves over by paying Messi ridiculous amounts and signing about 4 players for over £100m.

It's the most extreme example possible. Maybe the Echo can explain why Everton, Villa, Brighton, Fulham and Arsenal who have never qualified or won the CL manage to outspend a club with no significant debt and no new stadium. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

You’re believing everything a journalist writes?

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

We've a few on here that fancy the taste of John Henry's taint sweat, maybe they can let this fine gentleman know that he should just shut up and be grateful to FSG for saving us from H&G, an event that will undoubtedly go down as one of humanity's most selfless acts.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

FSG don't give a flying fuck about us. They do give a fuck about their business though and aren't daft men. In fact, they are incredibly smart people. 

The loss of Virgil and others has cost us (them as well) potentially a title this year. It may cost us (them) top 4. That kind of thing causes them to shit themselves. As if they will jeopardise their business in the medium to long term by selling their crown jewels. 

They want us to be a success but unlike City, PSG or Chelsea, we aren't a plaything. I have no doubt if you offered them one title, two or three cups but top 4 every 7-10 years, they would be happy with that. We wouldn't because we want the success from the 70s and 80s. 

I don't like them but the club is in a better place under them than it was when they took over. Let's give the horrible bastards some credit and I was part of the walkout so I'm very sceptical of them. I actually think they will sell us in a few years (maybe before Jurgen goes) but the options are an oligarch, the Chinese or the Saudis. I don't expect our owners to be choirboys but I don't want them to be human rights violators either.

A lot of reactionary shit going on. If I was Michael Edwards, you would be letting on you don't have too much money to the likes of the Echo because when you are chasing your targets in the summer, you hardly want other clubs know you have loads of cash. That's been the problem with the Mancs over the last few years. Regarding our net spend, that is also down to Jurgen and Michael Edwards who have bought and sold well over the last few years.

Let's judge them at the end of the summer window. If they don't deliver, then we give them serious stick, because Jurgen will bring us trophies over the next few years if he is supported.

4 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Let's judge them at the end of the summer window. If they don't deliver, then we give them serious stick, because Jurgen will bring us trophies over the next few years if he is supported.

Im not having a go mate, but that seems to have been a fairly common call during their tenure, let's judge them here or let's judge them there. I've seen enough to judge them so far and they deserve all the stick they get.

Having said that, I wouldn't want us to be owned by obvious cunts like City or Chelsea. The problem is that whilst we're playing in the same arena as said cunts, but not playing the same way, we're never going to stay on top for a sustained period. If FSG don't start spending or the rules don't change (and I can't see either happening), we'll just have to resign ourselves to mostly fighting for top four finishes with the occasional league or cup win. It's just the way it is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Im not having a go mate, but that seems to have been a fairly common call during their tenure, let's judge them here or let's judge them there. I've seen enough to judge them so far and they deserve all the stick they get.

Having said that, I wouldn't want us to be owned by obvious cunts like City or Chelsea. The problem is that whilst we're playing in the same arena as said cunts, but not playing the same way, we're never going to stay on top for a sustained period. If FSG don't start spending or the rules don't change (and I can't see either happening), we'll just have to resign ourselves to mostly fighting for top four finishes with the occasional league or cup win. It's just the way it is.

Ten fucking years and the road end is still a drawing. The one promise was to resolve the stadium issue and we're still waiting. The main stand is funded from club funds and not part of the acquisition. And I know the fan boys will point to the training ground - a training ground is a cost of doing business, like Tesco needs to build shops or it can't sell. Leicester have just built a training ground too and it cost a shitload more than ours, it's not like we're doing anything extravagant here. 

If anyone needs another summer to test these cunts, they need to stop and have a real think of what they're saying. They've 10 years to look at. As someone has just posted previously, we've spent £7m since winning the champions League. The previous spending was funded by coutinho. 

I don't think there's any doubt they've been reducing spending because they were.seeking external investment. The worry for me after the Redball agreement fell through is they're still on the lookout for external investment and this zero investment will continue and they'll use the covid cover story as their excuse. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Ten fucking years and the road end is still a drawing. The one promise was to resolve the stadium issue and we're still waiting. The main stand is funded from club funds and not part of the acquisition. And I know the fan boys will point to the training ground - a training ground is a cost of doing business, like Tesco needs to build shops or it can't sell. Leicester have just built a training ground too and it cost a shitload more than ours, it's not like we're doing anything extravagant here. 

If anyone needs another summer to test these cunts, they need to stop and have a real think of what they're saying. They've 10 years to look at. As someone has just posted previously, we've spent £7m since winning the champions League. The previous spending was funded by coutinho. 

I don't think there's any doubt they've been reducing spending because they were.seeking external investment. The worry for me after the Redball agreement fell through is they're still on the lookout for external investment and this zero investment will continue and they'll use the covid cover story as their excuse. 

The training ground is an extension to the academy which was part funded by the sale of Melwood which was £10m. Also, the sponsorship of the new facilities is rumoured to be around £20m a year so it pays for itself.

Leicester's new training ground cost £100m. Most top flight teams now have state of the art facilities but you'd think our owners have constructed a space station like Drax in Moonraker listening to the Echo. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You know full well the Anfield Road End would be well under way but for Covid. The stadium is not a stick you can use to beat them with. They inherited a shit show on the stadium and worked their way through it piece by piece, let's not rewrite history and pretend it was easy.

The net spend as a number is too low, no arguing there. In player terms we have traded Mingolet, Ryan Kent, Brewster and Lovren for Jota, Thiago, Tmisikas,  Adrian and the 2 new defenders. Also Curtis Jones for Lallana and Neco for Clyne. The uplift in quality in the new players (should be) is night and day.

When we played Brighton 6 of the clubs 7 most expensive signings weren't available. There are loads of fancy answers why we are shit but the most fucking obvious one is staring us in the face.

• Upvote 2