You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, seems weird - be interesting to know the terms of deals from 2016 - they are making less now than they did 5 years ago (and never really made much more). We are up 25% during that time, wonder where that places us amongst other top 6?

I think some of the smaller deals probably do that. The comparison should probably be with arsenal and spurs, I can't imagine city and Chelsea's are 100% legit. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, seems weird - be interesting to know the terms of deals from 2016 - they are making less now than they did 5 years ago (and never really made much more). We are up 25% during that time, wonder where that places us amongst other top 6?

Just found this, which is interesting (it's probably the most up to date one as I don't think we've done our 19/20 yet. 

eoyx4vpwoaeuc3u.jpg

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just found this, which is interesting (it's probably the most up to date one as I don't think we've done our 19/20 yet. 

eoyx4vpwoaeuc3u.jpg

I think we would be over 200 easily now - there was an article in MSN for 2020 that just the kit deal (Standard Chartered and New Balance) was 185.

It had Spurs commercial income for last year at 126.6

Arsenal at @ 180

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Which accounts are these? Genuinely interested.

This was in the Echo yesterday...

"There might be, I don’t know, there might be some clubs who have absolutely no financial problems.

"But this club always was and always will be, with these owners, very responsible with the things we do.

"If the world was in a normal place and everything was fine, we had won the league and recently won the Champions League and the club was in the best possible situation, and then you have three senior centre-halves plus Fabinho and kids but the three senior centre-halves get injured, is that a situation you'd usually do something? Yes, definitely. But we are not in that situation."

And it is not that I say 'by the way, a centre-half would be really nice' and they say 'wow, a centre half, really, why?'"

Klopp said on Friday: “We discuss the situation pretty much on a daily basis, and I make recommendations.

“But I cannot spend the money. I don’t make these decisions. There are people who are responsible for the whole thing, and I cannot make their decisions.

"I am not a five-year-old kid any more and if I don’t get what I want I start crying.

“Most of the time in my life I didn’t get what I wanted, so pretty much used to that. We talk about a centre-half, and yes, it would help 100 per cent."

"But it is the situation and on top of that we have January and it is not the easiest transfer window.

"On top of that it is not having the money exactly as you want."

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

eoyx4vpwoaeuc3u.jpg

Strip out the bogeys and we're 5th in the world behind clubs just as big as us but with a 20 year head start. 

This is the starting point for FSG. Our turnover as tripled while none of those above us even doubled. The level of growth left has plateaued at the top, the shirts are full and the training grounds are sponsored.image.png

11 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think we would be over 200 easily now - there was an article in MSN for 2020 that just the kit deal (Standard Chartered and New Balance) was 185.

It had Spurs commercial income for last year at 126.6

Arsenal at @ 180

Standard Chartered I know a bit of the deal. 40m with add-ons. Top 4 it hits 45m. Win the CL or PL there's other add-ons, but I don't know what they are. 

Wasn't the new balance out in court last year at 45m?

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I wonder if this could change things? Normally companies going through these phases cut all unnecessary spending as it impacts the value when the deal is finally signed - I've mentioned a few times in this thread that the redball deal could well be what is hampering purchases in the period between now and when the MBA would approve the deal (which requires Beane to stop his involvement with the As). 

The echos reaction will be interesting as they've pretty much built this up as the begginings of FSG world domination. 

11 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

eoyx4vpwoaeuc3u.jpg

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12198926/deloitte-football-money-league-liverpool-join-man-utd-in-top-five-for-2019-20

19 - 20 season. Up to 5th in list. Revenue down 8%. 

40 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Standard Chartered I know a bit of the deal. 40m with add-ons. Top 4 it hits 45m. Win the CL or PL there's other add-ons, but I don't know what they are. 

I wonder if this could change things? Normally companies going through these phases cut all unnecessary spending as it impacts the value when the deal is finally signed - I've mentioned a few times in this thread that the redball deal could well be what is hampering purchases in the period between now and when the MBA would approve the deal (which requires Beane to stop his involvement with the As). 

The echos reaction will be interesting as they've pretty much built this up as the begginings of FSG world domination. 

I was a little surprised FSG wanted this as it would have meant floating on the stockmarket, which in turn means you need to disclose your earnings quarterly.

It would become much harder to play smoke and mirrors in that scenario.

58 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well I’m going to assume nothing changes in the remaining days left of the window, if it does then I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it doesn’t I’ll be no more annoyed than I am now.

Why blindly defend anyone, i don't get it. If a company had a major issue they would fix it. We don't want mbappe and haaland, we literally need a player better than someone who was playing non league last year and probably fast forward the summer buy to now, so our best players can play in their preferred positions.

Spending on 2 cbs could get us back on the track in the race and will help in the cl. It's not a gamble, it's a necessity, and the rewards could be huge. We are making shedloads.

I still think something will happen this week but we are throwing points away due to inactivity and we shouldnt throw away anymore.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, INTORRESTING said:

Why blindly defend anyone, i don't get it. If a company had a major issue they would fix it. We don't want mbappe and haaland, we literally need a player better than someone who was playing non league last year and probably fast forward the summer buy to now, so our best players can play in their preferred positions.

Spending on 2 cbs could get us back on the track in the race and will help in the cl. It's not a gamble, it's a necessity, and the rewards could be huge. We are making shedloads.

I still think something will happen this week but we are throwing points away due to inactivity and we shouldnt throw away anymore.

I dont get it. Its a financial risk buying someone but doing nothing is a huge financial risk too. Theres no status quo in this scenario with long term injuries to Gomes and VVD plus matip being injury prone. Take some pressure off the team take the financial risk because we are at financial risk regardless.