You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

I get confused about the financials involved in football, but what I am more certain of is that we are probably in the best financial shape we’ve been in for years, if not ever. 
That is down to how FSG have handled the commercial side, and the fact that Jurgen, his staff and the players have handled their side of things.

That balance has been upset because of the injuries we have suffered and because the decision to take a chance on going into the season with the squad we had has backfired.

To that end, different action has to be taken than has before, and planning that relied on the expectations last summer has to be changed.

To not do so will be taking the foot off united’s neck that we’ve had there pretty much since Ferguson fucked off,  allowing what was a dispirited city to come back at us, and will allow several other teams, Everton included, to be given a sniff of catching us up when that hope for them was non-existent after last season.

I don’t believe that being concerned about this is over-reacting, but not doing anything about it is negligent.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm surprised we've not gone to 4231 when you think about it.

We've done it a few times over the years under Klopp and i've never really liked it but that's because we ended up having 2 samey midfielders doing pretty much the same role. It's totally different when one of the midfielders is a playmaker.

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The fucking list is miles bigger than that. We can start with the team that beat us yesterday. Then there's the team that beat us last week who are in the process of being bought for the same reason. I could keep going. The league is full of owners who are here to make money - even city are here to make money, just in an indirect manner to try and make their horrible oppressive country appear normal to allow them to be more palatable to do business with. 

The Glazers are making money out of Utd? Fucking hell.

Theres no way Citys owners are making money out of the club mate. They've spent over a billion quid on players since they've been there.

5 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Theres no way Citys owners are making money out of the club mate. They've spent over a billion quid on players since they've been there.

They just keep putting the transfer fees back onto the club, they pay themselves dividends and consultancy fees. Also Old Trafford has barely been touched since the 90s. 

Hope they stay there forever although they will probably sell it if someone offers a ridiculously high amount. 

“I am not a five-year-old kid any more and if I don’t get what I want I start crying. Most of the time in my life I didn’t get what I want, to be honest, so we are all pretty much used to that. I am responsible for a big part of this football club but there are people who are responsible for the whole thing and I cannot make their decision. I know they are with us and I know they want to support us and they do.

What we have to do is improve the football in the decisive areas with this squad. That’s my job, and not sitting here and being disappointed or frustrated with some decisions. I am not. Of course, we know what we would do in an ideal world but the world is not ideal and not only for us. So we have to deal with the situation.

Now we talk about a centre-half. Yes, it would help: 100%. Would we score more goals with a centre half? I am not sure. Would it give us a little bit more stability in specific moments? Yes, probably.”

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

City‘s owners have a different agenda. Positive propaganda for their regime.

• Upvote 1

I think its a combination. I dont think Klopp panicked initially and was asking for centre halves in Dec- results were ok in general. Its only when things started to get a bit shit.... transfers dont happen over night and we find ourselves in a collective fuck up based on a misplaced confidence we had that all would be fine.

If Klopp has been adamant around Christmas that he needed the position re-enforcing it would have happened. We've left it too late based on an unexpected arse falling out of the whole team.

Now we need a scapegoat      

• Upvote 2

Definitely what happened there.  Klopp just asked for the backing too late and that's the only reason he's been hung out to dry. 

Even though he's been talking about a lack of money since the summer and now publicly stating he's not getting the centre back he needs. 

Did he want a centre back in the summer? I must have missed that, as he had plenty of options.

Its a results business- they've fallen off a cliff and now we pin it on transfers.

Couple of weeks ago it was about the amount of pens United get. Then we lose to Saints and Burnley.   

Lazy to blame FSG- Klopp isnt backwards at coming forwards and would hardly be a yes man whilst it all unraveled- he's called it too late in the midst of a shit storm he didnt see coming.

Its on all of them    

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

When I get some time later this week I will dig out the proper facts in GBP, but we were not in the worst shape in 2010 from an income position, our problem at that point of time was the grift being run on the club by H&G. 

In 2010 they (United) made 1.64 our commercial earnings - the last year shown they made 1.66.

It is basically exactly the same.

We were closer @ 2015 but then they jumped 100 mil in the course of 2016 increasing their own commercial rev by @ 40% . What happened that season - is that a new shirt deal?

12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Tinterweb?

Of course, but you still end up losing loads of shop sales that you would have had with people freely browsing in the shops.

Some people prefer to buy in a store to try stuff on as well. I for one never buy clobber online as hate all the agg of sending stuff back. I'll buy trabs and shoes online and that is about it. 

It has to have had an impact on the sales....i'm sure they'll still be healthy, but they would have been healthier with shops open/people moving around.

Just now, an tha said:

Of course, but you still end up losing loads of shop sales that you would have had with people freely browsing in the shops.

Some people prefer to buy in a store to try stuff on as well.

It has to have had an impact on the sales....i'm sure they'll still be healthy, but they would have been healthier with shops open/people moving around.

I know mate just saying, we seem to have had no luck as you say.

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

This time last year the glazers took out about £12m in dividends. The previous year they took out about £23m. This is in addition to loading the acquisitional debt on the club, so there's a loan to buy the club and the club pay for it. They pay around £25m a year to service that debt. 

City are on a different agenda, it is indirect profiteering. They are here to legitimise their country in order to try and hide their appalling human rights record. They are attempting to make themselves more palatable to do business with by having a jolly face in the west connected to a leading sports team, in that context £1bn is spare change. It's the only reason they're at city, it has fuck all to do with anything but sports washing. In addition to this, in November 2019 the owners of city sold 10% of the group to a private equity firm firm for £389m. In 2015, they sold another 13% to a Chinese investment fund for £265m. But they're not here to make money. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

In 2010 they (United) made 1.64 our commercial earnings - the last year shown they made 1.66.

It is basically exactly the same.

We were closer @ 2015 but then they jumped 100 mil in the course of 2016 increasing their own commercial rev by @ 40% . What happened that season - is that a new shirt deal?

They did a bunch of deals around that time I think. Chevrolet, Adidas (which I think was 75m for 10 years) and the training sponsor. They hit quality deals that have maintained their rate despite their failure at times to make the CL or as in this season, make the knock outs. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They did a bunch of deals around that time I think. Chevrolet, Adidas (which I think was 75m for 10 years) and the training sponsor. They hit quality deals that have maintained their rate despite their failure at times to make the CL or as in this season, make the knock outs. 

Yea, seems weird - be interesting to know the terms of deals from 2016 - they are making less now than they did 5 years ago (and never really made much more). We are up 25% during that time, wonder where that places us amongst other top 6?