You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

Not signing a centre half is unforgivable.

Fabinho has done well there but as time goes by you can see that he isn’t a natural CB and we also miss him in midfield.

Thiago hasn’t been as impressive as he can be, because he needs someone to do his running (which Fabinho and Hendo can help with but the former is always playing CB and the latter has had to fill in as well).

It’s unfair on Williams and Phillips to put them in and keep playing in the same way, asking our CB’s to be brave and try to win the ball high; they aren’t good enough, it’s

not their fault.

The CB problem has a ripple affect right through the team, it’s inexcusable for them to sit on their hands.

Fuck knows where Thiago fits in our side cause our 8s are supposed to be put in a hell of a shift.  Sure won't be as simple as the other two doing his running. 

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

Does anybody understand the quoted £310m figure for wages ?

Just using fag packet maths if you say we have 18 top players and average each generously at £200k per week , it only comes to £180m, so where does the other £130m go ?

Boatload-of-Money1.jpg

• Upvote 1

The whole self sustaining club experiment was cute whilst it lasted, but now it's about time they started acting like every other football club owner ever and pony up some of their own cash. They're going to make in excess of a billion quid on their original investment anyway.

Seriously, who buys a football club with turning a profit in mind? I've prepared a list:

1. FSG

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Pretty certain he played two in front of them to protect them. 

I wrote a big post saying almost the same thing and deleted it. He also played two quick full backs,like we do. The Dortmund CBs were always good footballers too. I think Hummels may have played in,or originally been a midfielder?

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I wrote a big post saying almost the same thing and deleted it. He also played two quick full backs,like we do. The Dortmund CBs were always good footballers too. I think Hummels may have played in,or originally been a midfielder?

Think it was Gundogan and Kehl(sp) it was 4231?

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Schmelzer wasn’t quick. 

You'd have thought FSG would realise a successful LFC makes them far more money than an unsuccessful one and of there is an issue affecting the ability of LFC to be successful they'd move to remedy it.  But then perhaps I'm just a simpleton not seeing their big picture? 

8 hours ago, Red Shift said:

....and knew how to get us to a Europa final.....

My gut feeling, is that Lovren would be a better fit now having continued to learn under Klopp. However, it’s just musing. The reality at the moment is far worse.

Lovren while being an accident waiting to happen, it fucking light years ahead of the choices we have today. 

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

How else would you explain having 8 first team midfielders and 3 centre backs other than it being an intended strategy?

I think had we managed to sell Origi, Wilson or Grujic, we'd have got a centre back. Klopp prioritised a left back over a centre back in the early dealings, then it is down to Edwards to get the other players out of the door. Because he doesn't succeed, we're left with a squad that hadn't completed its rebuild. The cause of the issues we face now are down to the fact we have to raise transfer funds by selling players. I think you're right that klopp carries so many midfielders to cover all eventualities, he sees those guys as having the ability to plug gaps forward and back. I think he'd prefer not to be plugging such critical gaps. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Are we really that good at commercial deals or is it just more spin from the owners?

We are further behind Manchester United now than we were when they took the club over in 2010. There was a lot of posts on that on this thread earlier in the year. We're closer now over the last season or two, but we've been miles off. They made massive leaps around 2015, which we failed to do. We were going in a very good direction when Ian Ayre was commercial director and then we seem to have a lot of ordinary years once he stepped up and passed the torch on to Billy Hogan once Ayre was officially made MD/CEO or whatever it was. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

There's never been a signing in football that is a slam dunk to fly from minute one. Thiago is an example of that. You would never sign a player again if that was part of your recruitment criteria. It's just complete and utter shite to distract from they don't want to spend. Klopp told us that himself last week. It's not we can't find anyone at all, it would frankly be ludicrous a club with our scouting resources couldn't find anyone. We're not buying because fsg don't want to spend. There's barely a centre back playing professional football who isn't better than Williams. 

I wish they had trophies for keeping powder dry, we're fucking experts at it. 

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

The whole self sustaining club experiment was cute whilst it lasted, but now it's about time they started acting like every other football club owner ever and pony up some of their own cash. They're going to make in excess of a billion quid on their original investment anyway.

Seriously, who buys a football club with turning a profit in mind? I've prepared a list:

1. FSG

The fucking list is miles bigger than that. We can start with the team that beat us yesterday. Then there's the team that beat us last week who are in the process of being bought for the same reason. I could keep going. The league is full of owners who are here to make money - even city are here to make money, just in an indirect manner to try and make their horrible oppressive country appear normal to allow them to be more palatable to do business with. 

You know its real bad when klopp is speaking out.  This is a man who has kept his head down and used a broken sturridge,  Solanke, lallana, oxocube and Origi as back up to our front three.  Two of them still stinks the place out years after they should have left. 

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

With homeschooling, missus not working, restrictions everywhere, this is the last thing I wanted to be worrying about but I have been greatly. Ive tried to brush it aside and take the notion that this season is an anomaly anyway but it was one of the things that was keeping me sane up until the last few weeks!!!

Not worth worrying over, life’s too short.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There's never been a signing in football that is a slam dunk to fly from minute one.

tumblr_pfxt34zaM11w50dq4o1_540.gif&f=1&n

Well of course that's easy to say now. But that wasn't the case when we signed him, there was an obvious risk. And he could have been injured like thiago was. Every single signing is a risk. We could spend 50m on a centre back today and he could get injured on Thursday and be out for the season.