You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

25 minutes ago, m0e said:

You can't be serious? Surely!

I am, it's daft that people are placing all the ills of the team at the feet of one position. We were shipping goals aplenty when virg was playing and actually tightened up after he was injured. Our attack has been shite as have our fullbacks, our 'second string' have been predictably shite too. 

The idea that this is all down to a teenage centre back is a bit daft and lets people off Scott free who don't deserve to be. 

One new centre back isn't going to fix this, the lads need to get their shit together. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I am, it's daft that people are placing all the ills of the team at the feet of one position. We were shipping goals aplenty when virg was playing and actually tightened up after he was injured. Our attack has been shite as have our fullbacks, our 'second string' have been predictably shite too. 

The idea that this is all down to a teenage centre back is a bit daft and lets people off Scott free who don't deserve to be. 

One new centre back isn't going to fix this, the lads need to get their shit together. 

The irony is that I think you've oversimplified things.

It takes a lot for such a confident team to suffer like we have.

And a large part of that is the injuries and the quality of the replacements.

To suggest otherwise is totally unfair in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And he didnt see it out. Maybe it was because Klopp knew he needed to keep him at that moment in time? Things change.

Well he only left with a year to go didn't he? 

And of course he needed him at that moment. He knew if he left, he'd only get that fee to replace him because that's the way fsg roll. Some might like to think selling to buy is ok, but when the players you sell have a pretty low value, it becomes really tough to replace them.  In lovren, despite his obvious issues, he had a lad who knew the system and was liked in the dressing room. 

11 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There's extremes on both sides. I just don't think it's unreasonable to buy or loan a centreback when we are currently playing two midfielders there. Fabinho will get injured or suspended at some point this season, matip will too. I want to see fabinho back in midfield.

This is the thing for me.  I'm not screaming for anyone to break the bank, just bring in a competent, Klavan-level CB who can do a job.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Does anybody understand the quoted £310m figure for wages ?

Just using fag packet maths if you say we have 18 top players and average each generously at £200k per week , it only comes to £180m, so where does the other £130m go ?

The people who work in the Boot Room cafe are on 85 grand a week.

• Upvote 1

There is no defending these clowns. They knew VVD is absolutely crucial to our success. They knew he was out for the season after the Everton game. They knew we hadn't replaced Lovren, they knew Matip hardly fucking plays. They knew Gomez was also out for the season at the start of November. They had months to prepare a replacement or two for January, and what did they do? Fuck all. We've been forced to play our best midfielder at the back which has taken away a huge part of what Fabinho brings to our midfield. He's been forced to play alongside novices, or sometimes our 2nd best midfielder Henderson, whose effectiveness and influence is also greatly reduced when playing at the back. Despite rave reviews for Fabinho, neither are especially good in defence and it's not their fault, they shouldn't be playing in defence in the first fucking place.

Our title defence has been left in ruins, and I lay the blame squarely at the feet of John Henry, Tom Werner and the rest of tight-fisted twats at FSG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

The shit these cunts have pulled is unforgivable in my opinion. Klopp has brought them success they could only dream of and they have slapped him in the face. I wouldnt blame Klopp if he fucks off in the summer as its as clear as day hes not been backed. 

They have completely sabotaged his team and our season and the cunts think they know better while sitting in their shit hole of a stadium in Boston. 

They are no better than Hicks and Gillet expect they are more crafty. Fuckers are moving the clubs money somewhere as its not going back into the club thats for sure.

30 years to win the title and these twats are happy just to hand it back without so much as a fight. Its clear they don't give a fuck about winning and just care about their balance sheet and profit line for their shareholders. 

The twats are never getting a penny of my money ever again. 

If we're being fair and balanced, it was a strategic mistake by Klopp and staff to accept having Fabinho as 4th cb and stacking the team with midfielders instead of building the depth equally throughout the squad. It was fine in theory and I was fine with that, but in practice, clearly a disaster waiting to happen.

And then FSG have compounded the problem by not funding a CB purchase to rectify it. 

Shit show all around.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

If we're being fair and balanced, it was a strategic mistake by Klopp and staff to accept having Fabinho as 4th cb and stacking the team with midfielders instead of building the depth equally throughout the squad. It was fine in theory and I was fine with that, but in practice, clearly a disaster waiting to happen.

And then FSG have compounded the problem by not funding a CB purchase to rectify it. 

Shit show all around.

If we're being fair and balanced you should probably stick to fisting moose(meese?) and pretending to be a Ligue 1 Uber Eats expert.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Shit show all around.

You keep going on about this like it's a fact. There was a preseason match where Matip was surprise surprise a doubt to play in but turned out it was nothing serious, so when Klopp was asked about it he said it was relief that he's okay given the situation we have at CB - this was after Lovren was sold and clearly indicates that Klopp accepted that we was light in this area.

4 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

You keep going on about this like it's a fact. There was a preseason match where Matip was surprise surprise a doubt to play in but turned out it was nothing serious, so when Klopp was asked about it he said it was relief that he's okay given the situation we have at CB - this was after Lovren was sold and clearly indicates that Klopp accepted that we was light in this area.

How else would you explain having 8 first team midfielders and 3 centre backs other than it being an intended strategy?

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

How else would you explain having 8 first team midfielders and 3 centre backs other than it being an intended strategy?

Thiago was signed as replacement for Wijnaldum. Jones, well he's only just starting to establish himself but wouldn't expect a team operating at our level to rely on him and should only be coming on to gain experience. 

Milner and Ox...are about as capable back up as Sturridge, Origi and Brewster have been for the front three, with whom we've taken a bigger gamble with for the duration of Klopp's time. All three (Sturridge/Origi/Brewster) were clearly unwanted from the beginning by Klopp yet one is still here and and the other two we only managed to offload recently.

5 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Thiago was signed as replacement for Wijnaldum. Jones, well he's only just starting to establish himself but wouldn't expect a team operating at our level to rely on him and should only be coming on to gain experience. 

Milner and Ox...are about as capable back up as Sturridge, Origi and Brewster have been for the front three, with whom we've taken a bigger gamble with for the duration of Klopp's time. All three (Sturridge/Origi/Brewster) were clearly unwanted from the beginning by Klopp yet one is still here and and the other two we only managed to offload recently.

This does not answer my question even a little bit. We kept Gini, and Milner and Ox when fit have regularly featured. They are considered as legitimate squad depth and Milner and Ox especially are used in multiple positions. And Jones has been fast-tracked due to injuries, but he was going to get games at some point anyway as the club clearly rate him. 

Again, you won't find a club in the world with as many midfielders as we do. Hence, you have to assume this is a strategy, and unfortunately this has been part of the problem this season. People can't ignore that.

Not signing a centre half is unforgivable.

Fabinho has done well there but as time goes by you can see that he isn’t a natural CB and we also miss him in midfield.

Thiago hasn’t been as impressive as he can be, because he needs someone to do his running (which Fabinho and Hendo can help with but the former is always playing CB and the latter has had to fill in as well).

It’s unfair on Williams and Phillips to put them in and keep playing in the same way, asking our CB’s to be brave and try to win the ball high; they aren’t good enough, it’s not their fault.

The CB problem has a ripple affect right through the team, it’s inexcusable for them to sit on their hands.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well he only left with a year to go didn't he? 

And of course he needed him at that moment. He knew if he left, he'd only get that fee to replace him because that's the way fsg roll. Some might like to think selling to buy is ok, but when the players you sell have a pretty low value, it becomes really tough to replace them.  In lovren, despite his obvious issues, he had a lad who knew the system and was liked in the dressing room. 

....and knew how to get us to a Europa final.....

My gut feeling, is that Lovren would be a better fit now having continued to learn under Klopp. However, it’s just musing. The reality at the moment is far worse.

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

Not signing a centre half is unforgivable.

Fabinho has done well there but as time goes by you can see that he isn’t a natural CB and we also miss him in midfield.

Thiago hasn’t been as impressive as he can be, because he needs someone to do his running (which Fabinho and Hendo can help with but the former is always playing CB and the latter has had to fill in as well).

It’s unfair on Williams and Phillips to put them in and keep playing in the same way, asking our CB’s to be brave and try to win the ball high; they aren’t good enough, it’s

not their fault.

The CB problem has a ripple affect right through the team, it’s inexcusable for them to sit on their hands.

The ripple effect is right - the fact that a quality signing like Thiago ends up looking like others need to do his running for him, for example.

It's a total shitshow.

(Yesterday was a tidy enough attacking performance but to ship three to a pretty timid United strike force... )

Unless Mo suddenly starts burying all of his chances and Mane joins him on the scoresheet, and we score our way out of trouble, I think we're fucked.

And I think the LFC response will be to try to sweep this season under the carpet.

Which is quite a bit easier when you haven't got fans around to create a stir, agitate and make their feelings known directly.

We all sit at home, helplessly watching the game with our TV dinners on our laps, while these arseholes fiddle on the sparkling decks of their you-know-whats.

If they carry on like this and into next summer with no champions league budget to spend then you can easily see mass protests / walkouts being organised when we are finally allowed back in the stadium. Even chief of propaganda James Pearce is now having a bit of a go at them