You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

10 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Bet he's also pre ordered his FSG baseball 4th kit top as well the blurt. 

Can't fucking stand super fans. 

The mad thing with a lot of our super fans is they think that's what Liverpool supporters are like and it's our tradition since shankly. But nothing could be further from the truth. There was never any love and loyalty to the owners, it was the holy trinity of manager, fans and players. And if the players didn't give 100% they were fucking told about it. I find this new worshipping of owners fucking bizarre. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Isnt it more akin to ive broken my arm i need medical attention.

Doctor: Deal with it!

That meme is basically asking for the impossible, a stupid impossible unreasonable solution. Its FSG kool aid. 

Some fella on the Anfield Wrap has been using Leeds imploding 20 years ago as a reason to defend the owners not spending. These FSG fanboys are all linked up to some mainframe system like the Borg. 

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

Some fella on the Anfield Wrap has been using Leeds imploding 20 years ago as a reason to defend the owners not spending. These FSG fanboys are all linked up to some mainframe system like the Borg. 

There's extremes on both sides. I just don't think it's unreasonable to buy or loan a centreback when we are currently playing two midfielders there. Fabinho will get injured or suspended at some point this season, matip will too. I want to see fabinho back in midfield.

44 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There's extremes on both sides. I just don't think it's unreasonable to buy or loan a centreback when we are currently playing two midfielders there. Fabinho will get injured or suspended at some point this season, matip will too. I want to see fabinho back in midfield.

Yep, even a loan deal would make more sense than having a club captain midfielder at the back.

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The mad thing with a lot of our super fans is they think that's what Liverpool supporters are like and it's our tradition since shankly. But nothing could be further from the truth. There was never any love and loyalty to the owners, it was the holy trinity of manager, fans and players. And if the players didn't give 100% they were fucking told about it. I find this new worshipping of owners fucking bizarre. 

Look, we live in an era where Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi each have more supporters than any club in the world. Real people who openly support an individual megastar ahead of all else.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

To be honest this centre back thing is a bit of a get out of jail card, we've got loads of world class players and none, none of them are doing their jobs.

The thing is, they know that even if they do do their jobs, there'll be an inevitable fuck up or four at the back, and all their hard work will be undone, as Salah's was today. It must be tremendously demoralising.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

To be honest this centre back thing is a bit of a get out of jail card, we've got loads of world class players and none, none of them are doing their jobs.

I think a lot of them have realised what the club is all about. 

When Roma won the Scudetto in 2001 Fabio Capello said loads of the people within the club thought that was it and job done, there was no desire to push on and win it again or build on it and he ended up fucking off eventually because of the lack of ambition.

Maybe a few of them have realised that there's no real desire at the club to keep us at the top. The main players at the club have had every bit if blood sweat and tears wrung out of them for 3 years and got us to the top but there just doenst seem to be any will to keep us there. I'm sure Wijnaldum leaving has some effect on the others as it looks like no one will get a bigger contract.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Im not being funny here but you have been watching this team the last few years haven't you?

Klopps teams are well oiled machines but they need the right ingredients to work. Fast, ball playing centre halves who push up allow this team to work, both with full backs bombing on and midfield/defence winning the ball further up the pitch and keeping teams pinned in.

We have none of that now as his system is broken,

We coped a lot longer than i thought to be honest but now the system is failing. We would have won today with two CBs and Fabinho in midfield. Utd wouldn't have been able to break.

Every switch to cover for a centre half messes with the system.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

You can't be serious? Surely!

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Klopps teams are well oiled machines but they need the right ingredients to work. Fast, ball playing centre halves who push up allow this team to work, both with full backs bombing on and midfield/defence winning the ball further up the pitch and keeping teams pinned in.

That’s not really true. Hummels and Subotic were very very slow for his title-winning Dortmund side. Their left back Schmelzer was serviceable, but he was a limited footballer. 

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

That’s not really true. Hummels and Subotic were very very slow for his title-winning Dortmund side. Their left back Schmelzer was serviceable, but he was a limited footballer. 

In germany though. You only need to be beating two teams to win it. The Premier league has its share of garbage but they get in your face and don't stop.

I’m not exactly over the moon at the lack of spending this window, but there’s also a lot of conjecture around the owners intentions.

No way would Lovren have been allowed to go if we could mind read the VVD injury.

That injury, to a player who is already 29 - yes that’s right: just two full seasons with us and he’s possibly now, thanks to his injury, past his prime. It was a shell shock. 
Factor in a quickly wearing out Henderson, injuries to two new purchases and with Gomez and Matip never exactly defensive stalwarts, and we get the position we are in now. Results failing us.

I agree, a loan move of an appropriate player at the very least would help.

It should be obvious to the owners at the end of this season that we need to drastically add depth and development. I simply refuse to believe that having invested in the stadium, and agreed to the signing of Jurgen Klopp, they are all about resting on laurels.

7 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I’m not exactly over the moon at the lack of spending this window, but there’s also a lot of conjecture around the owners intentions.

No way would Lovren have been allowed to go if we could mind read the VVD injury.

That injury, to a player who is already 29 - yes that’s right: just two full seasons with us and he’s possibly now, thanks to his injury, past his prime. It was a shell shock. 
Factor in a quickly wearing out Henderson, injuries to two new purchases and with Gomez and Matip never exactly defensive stalwarts, and we get the position we are in now. Results failing us.

I agree, a loan move of an appropriate player at the very least would help.

It should be obvious to the owners at the end of this season that we need to drastically add depth and development. I simply refuse to believe that having invested in the stadium, and agreed to the signing of Jurgen Klopp, they are all about resting on laurels.

Lovren might have been sacrificed for wages too,maybe? His signing pre dated Klopp and we were paying stupid money in wages for everybody back then. Look at Milner.