You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Simply inexcusable from FSG not to bring in a free agent for 6 months or somebody on loan. It looks like Klopp has asked for it and told to get to work with Nat Phillips instead. 

Fabinho has been outstanding at centre back, but we're beginning to really miss his presence in midfield. He's the best holding player in the league and him away from the anchor role means shoehorning in Hendo or Thiago, which has a major knock-on effect further forwards. 

There's no reason why a club challenging on three (two after tomorrow) refuses to address a massive gaping hole in their squad while they have the chance to do so. 

And for all those holding out hope on the likes of us keeping our powder dry for Upamecano or somebody of a similar profile - I highly doubt they'll join a Europa League side, which is where we're heading until this shitshow gets addressed. 

31 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Simply inexcusable from FSG not to bring in a free agent for 6 months or somebody on loan. It looks like Klopp has asked for it and told to get to work with Nat Phillips instead. 

Fabinho has been outstanding at centre back, but we're beginning to really miss his presence in midfield. He's the best holding player in the league and him away from the anchor role means shoehorning in Hendo or Thiago, which has a major knock-on effect further forwards. 

There's no reason why a club challenging on three (two after tomorrow) refuses to address a massive gaping hole in their squad while they have the chance to do so. 

And for all those holding out hope on the likes of us keeping our powder dry for Upamecano or somebody of a similar profile - I highly doubt they'll join a Europa League side, which is where we're heading until this shitshow gets addressed. 

I don't think FSG are blocking free agents or loans. 

Baz, I agree with your comments to a large extent and appreciate you have been as vociferous as anyone else on here.
I think the big difference this time though is Klopp has come out openly and said he’s not being backed, whereas before he’s kept his countenance.

That marks a change for the worse for me and if FSG can let it get this far, perhaps they need a gee up from somewhere that they’re, once again, making the wrong decision.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

Baz, I agree with your comments to a large extent and appreciate you have been as vociferous as anyone else on here.
I think the big difference this time though is Klopp has come out openly and said he’s not being backed, whereas before he’s kept his countenance.

That marks a change for the worse for me and if FSG can let it get this far, perhaps they need a gee up from somewhere that they’re, once again, making the wrong decision.

So first of all he was asked directly. And let's be honest, there's only so far he can go credibly and not look daft. Of course he wants a centre back, why wouldn't he? He hasn't got any. But I bet you he wanted a backup left back last season too. It's just nobody is too arsed about asking that question and they weren't interested in asking it after the summer window shut and we were going into the season with vvd and 2 crisp bags. I feel in an ideal world klopp would have wanted a centre back too then. But he gets on and makes do, he's done it all his career. 

And he did call them out in the summer, he said he wanted players but the pandemic was making it difficult - then they managed to sell off enough to allow us to bring 3 in. The summer before he said he'd like to go into the market but we had bills to pay as we'd given a bunch of new contracts and he was glad we had been able to do that. The message has been around in some form or another. But I just think it feels more real to many people listening when we have had loads of games where we can't field a centr back. It's also been a time when we've lost some form, if we were winning I don't think anyone would be arsed. 

I also feel pretty certain he'd have one had we sold origi or raised some funds from gruijic and Wilson in the summer. Bottom line is our owners don't like transfer fees, but they accept them if they're self funded from sales. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sure Klopp has been asked directly about signing players before and not called out FSG as clearly as he has on this occasion.  This, coupled with his obvious unhappiness recently, does feel different.  The other difference now as well is the success. Klopp will have understood a reluctance for FSG to take "risks" previously however he wouldn't be human if he didn't feel disappointed at a failure not only to back him this transfer window, but to help out the players who've achieved so much for the club and it's value, they need some of the weight taking off too. He'll be pissed off for himself and for his players.

11 minutes ago, Moo said:

I'm sure Klopp has been asked directly about signing players before and not called out FSG as clearly as he has on this occasion.  This, coupled with his obvious unhappiness recently, does feel different.  The other difference now as well is the success. Klopp will have understood a reluctance for FSG to take "risks" previously however he wouldn't be human if he didn't feel disappointed at a failure not only to back him this transfer window, but to help out the players who've achieved so much for the club and it's value, they need some of the weight taking off too. He'll be pissed off for himself and for his players.

Obviously his whole language and attitude is different, we haven't scored a league goal for a month. I don't argue he might be pissed off. I just reckon he's probably been pissed off before, but the questions have been different, the context different and the overall vibe different. He was pretty clear in the interview to laugh and ask why anyone is surprised because this is how it's always been. 

Ultimately the only people who know are klopp, Edwards and the board and owners. For me it feels no real different to before, it's just results are shit and our luck with injuries has highlighted the vulnerabilities in the squad. I've read countless times on this forum the fear many had around a long term injury to vvd, alisson, robbo, Trent, mane or salah. Well now we've got one. Do people think klopp didn't always realise this was a possibility? Of course and he'd have liked more squad depth. But he also knew from day 1 the rules and decided to work with them. That's how I see it. It's pretty much what he said yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Obviously his whole language and attitude is different, we haven't scored a league goal for a month. I don't argue he might be pissed off. I just reckon he's probably been pissed off before, but the questions have been different, the context different and the overall vibe different. He was pretty clear in the interview to laugh and ask why anyone is surprised because this is how it's always been. 

Ultimately the only people who know are klopp, Edwards and the board and owners. For me it feels no real different to before, it's just results are shit and our luck with injuries has highlighted the vulnerabilities in the squad. I've read countless times on this forum the fear many had around a long term injury to vvd, alisson, robbo, Trent, mane or salah. Well now we've got one. Do people think klopp didn't always realise this was a possibility? Of course and he'd have liked more squad depth. But he also knew from day 1 the rules and decided to work with them. That's how I see it. It's pretty much what he said yesterday. 

Klopp is an over-achiever, and seems happy to work that way.

He knows the drill with FSG, I think.

Dortmund was a similar situation - he worked brilliantly with sling shots against Bayern Munich's intercontinental ballistic missiles.

It eventually, inevitably, unravelled because it is not sustainable.

And he left - amicably wasn't it?

I see parallels here.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, skaro said:

Dortmund was a similar situation - he worked brilliantly with sling shots against Bayern Munich's intercontinental ballistic missiles.

I see parallels here.

Yip disturbingly similar. Really thought we had changed tact when a backup left back purchased but selling lovren and not replacing him left a gap that turned into a chasm when VVD butchered. Don't even mention Gomez and Matip all you had to consider was how many times Lovren had to play in the previous two seasons due to that pairs unavailability. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

This shit doesn't even make sense from the point of view of the cunts that own the club. We're going to finish about 6th, which you'd imagine isn't going to be fantastic financially. 

This could well be the beginning of the end for Klopp, I wouldn't blame him for leaving if he's not being backed to the hilt with what he has achieved so far he'll never be. Risky and bad business this. 

2 hours ago, skaro said:

I see parallels here.

Yeah, there's a lot of parallels. I seem to remember his teams were dominating matches and struggling to score too. But I think the big difference is (at least from this distance) it felt they were all glad when he called it a day, everyone was ready for a change and it was amicable as he agreed to go before the season was out and they gave him a great send off (and I think a good finish to the season). If what's happening at the club now forces klopp to want to leave, there'll be fucking riots as no matter how bad it gets, I can't imagine very many Liverpool fans will be looking at klopp for the reason it's gone wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Bet he's also pre ordered his FSG baseball 4th kit top as well the blurt. 

Can't fucking stand super fans. 

Used to work with a lad like that, would buy every home and away kit every season, have his desk plastered in LFC stuff.

Would never criticise the players, managers or owners, even when Hicks and Gillette were here. Always used to go on about these great players we had in the academy like David Raven and John Welsh who ended up dropping down the divisions. If you ever talked about a foreign player he would instantly dismiss them. He once thought Kevin Nolan was a better player than David Silva and would have been a better fit for us when Silva wanted to leave Valencia.

• Upvote 1