You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

9 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Surely there’s a Litmanen , Anelka even Fowler (2006) type loan player out there that gives the players the club and the fans a huge boost to kick on for the rest of the season ?

No, we need to be smarter than that by spending fuck all, plus they will block Leighton Clarkson's path to the first team. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

No, we need to be smarter than that by spending fuck all, plus they will block Leighton Clarkson's path to the first team. 

Operating out of an abundance of caution, they also need to make sure that Leighton Clarkson's son's Anfield future isn’t put at risk by having a strong squad now.

Easiest solution to all this malarky is Christian Eriksen. Inter doesn't want him. Got a mean longshot with both feet, great vision, excellent passer, decent freekick. Will be an instant upgrade on most of the midfielders we have. Can't take a corner to save his life though as he always hits the first defender and his wages are probably skyhigh aswell.

Danish tabloid shit have reported that Leicester are in talks with him, if true we should be able to match his wages for a loan stint with option to buy or whatever. Fuck me this football manager thing is easy.

We don't need another midfielder without getting rid of a bunch. We have a billion already. And in fact, that's one of the reasons why we haven't invested in other backup positions, because we have like 9 midfielders and some of them can play in other positions. And Eriksen is mostly done, anyway.

38 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Easiest solution to all this malarky is Christian Eriksen. Inter doesn't want him. Got a mean longshot with both feet, great vision, excellent passer, decent freekick. Will be an instant upgrade on most of the midfielders we have. Can't take a corner to save his life though as he always hits the first defender and his wages are probably skyhigh aswell.

Danish tabloid shit have reported that Leicester are in talks with him, if true we should be able to match his wages for a loan stint with option to buy or whatever. Fuck me this football manager thing is easy.

We ain't that savvy. Leicester have bought some great players recently.

I wanted us to sign him before he went to Spurs. They got him very cheap. Even though he's not impressed me in recent years with his overall attitude (always had the talent), he'd be worth a punt to nothing given our zero creativity in the team. Never gets injured (might be wrong) which is a good start given our current crop of cripples.

We should have tried to sign Zlatan before he went back to Milan. Guy can play for another few years.

You can be smart in the transfer market without having to spend £50m on every player.

2 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

There is no point getting any with anyone at the club or anyone on here.

Nothing will ever change unfortunately.

The only thing we can do is hound them out like we did with our other American cancerous cunts.

I remember it well.

Daughter rang me, "where are you Dad?"

"Still on the Kop after the game love, singing, you lying bastards"

FSG must be so happy there's no crowd as we would have cracked by now.

53 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Klopp is being stubborn and doesn't want to spend. The money is there but he just doesn't want to use it..

I believe all klopp has to do is ask and they'll back him. 

52 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

is he good at centre back? just get a fucking centre back. get fabinho back in the 6 role, get thiago further up the pitch. christian eriksen hasn't had a good game for about 2 years

it's not like buying a centre back is a waste of money. we have 3 for 2 positions. 2 of them are made of glass. 2 are currently recovering from major injuries, so there's no guarantee they'll even be the same player when they come back. this time last year when he was about to start playing again Laporte was regarded as the 2nd best centre back in the league behind VVD. He's now behind Eric Garcia. 

JUST BUY A FUCKING CENTRE BACK YOU CUNTS. 

• Upvote 1

There's a lot of weird sarcasm on here right now. I think the logical conclusion based on past evidence is that Klopp isn't really interested in a loan or short term CB signing, and FSG doesn't want to sanction the purchase of a top CB under the current circumstances. As a result, nothing is happening. I think it's a little naïve to only blame one party here. And again, this isn't me letting FSG off the hook, but there are some moves we could make that are financially doable that we're also not making.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

It's not rocket science

It's not Football Manager either.

Having said that now it's obvious the cheap bastards will, once again, not loosen the purse strings I wouldn't be against a loan.  I just don't think it's as easy as you suggest as there will be fees and wages involved, and anything in the Out column will not be welcomed.

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Surely there’s a Litmanen , Anelka even Fowler (2006) type loan player out there that gives the players the club and the fans a huge boost to kick on for the rest of the season ?

The expectations are a lot different now though to those situations. 

At this point i'd be happy even with bringing Harvey Elliott back from Blackburn and seeing how he does. 

I mean, Elliott could actually be a top player in the making. I wouldn't downplay what his impact could be down the line. City didn't replace David Silva because they're giving a shot to Foden, that's a real thing.

Now Elliott would have to prove himself here before we give him a real opportunity as well, but he's one where an early investment on a player may actually have a real impact in the squad.

We actually need 2 centre halves.....1 as the long term partner for VVD and one to bring us back up to 4 for next season.

So if we can't buy the main one now, then buy the one now who would bring us up to 4 again next season (who would be the cheaper one)

He can play from now until end of the season and help us and next season help us have enough depth/compete for a place.

Also helps that we are then not trying to settle 2 players in at back at same time.

• Upvote 2

These twats are going to ruin the best thing thats happened to them since they got their greasy, hotdog selling, foam finger wearing grubby paws on this club. 

They've spent fuck all since Klopp has been here and come out with excuse after excuse not to spend the money. Same thing happened with the red sox if I think right. They ein one world series, FSG give it the biggun and its been downhill since then. 

Fuckers are first in line though when it comes to European super leagues and reshaping English football.